PDA

View Full Version : żżżOPPOSITES ATTRACT???

stormwalkr777
Mar 31, 2004, 07:24 PM
Hey is it normal to play online with a character the opposite sex as the player. My main character is a HUcast but i also have a Fonuwarl(forgive me for spelling i'm a newb) that i've grown quite fond of.

Cheep
Mar 31, 2004, 07:40 PM
No idea. I think we all no why some male players play hunewearls and they wer made to do that. I guess its all about what you like to play. You might choose a character of the opposite gender just for the stats. Like you like the fonewearl stats so you play them, you might also think they look cool. I like cute characters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

NeoLon
Mar 31, 2004, 07:42 PM
lots of people use opposite sex characters. it's perfectly acceptable!

PsychoMantis
Mar 31, 2004, 08:21 PM
i dont see whats wrong with it. i got 2 racasts and a ramarl and hunewearl. i think my ramarl and hunewearl are awesome! they look kool, and are really good. so go ahead, GO FOR THE GOLD! jk

VioletSkye
Mar 31, 2004, 09:09 PM
I LOVE female chars. In fact except for testing purposes, I never use a male char. I figure if I have to spend that much time staring at my char, it might as well be super cute. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I usually get hit on every so often, but its no big deal. I just explain that I'm a guy and they laugh and we continue playing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-03-31 18:10 ]</font>

Siris
Mar 31, 2004, 09:30 PM
I think it's very "normal" for guys to play female chars. In fact it's much more common than a female actually playing a female char, I am female and most people assume I am male until I speak. There are actually a few good female chars to play with (especially your FOnewearl) so why limit yourself?

Cc08
Mar 31, 2004, 09:42 PM
If you couldn't play as a female, then you couldn't fully enjoy the game. The female chars are great too and have different combos/ different gameplay than the males, and it varies things up quite nicely...

PJ
Mar 31, 2004, 09:53 PM
FOnewearls are close to my favourite class in the game.

Probably for their awesome stats, and uber-kawaiiness.

And ignore my avatar, I am male >.>

_Sinue_
Apr 1, 2004, 12:52 AM
I don't see anything wrong with playing a female character. Some "kids" might insult you (right after hitting on you) for it.. but they're pretty close minded people.

To me, playing a female character is normal. Males tend to put female characterisations on many objects they hold dear to them. Cars, Boats, ect. So why not a video game character? You're going to put a lot of time into it.. and it will come to mean a lot to you.. so it only seems natural to have that same female connotation.(sp?) I don't look at my characters and "See something I want to be" or "See something I'd want to be on top of". I mean.. they're my girls.. and that's it.

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 1, 2004, 01:36 AM
I have a Ramarl, and it might be my favorite. Espicially because in PSO, as with any other video game, the females are petite, no matter how strong. Same goes with my ranger, short too. Then she busts out some Red Scorpio, which is definitely too big for her, but she still launches it. By far the funniest was my friends Hucaseal, along with my other friend's Fomarl, which have been labeled "Crotch height." The hunter would use a partisan, being about twice as tall as her, would make it appear that holding it out would cause her to fall.

Of course you can make a Hunewearl to drool. *cough* slut *cough*

Cheep
Apr 1, 2004, 03:40 PM
I don't know how you could play with cheep and not even suspect I'm a kid and/or a girl. This one dude thought I was a 15 yearold guy named stevev http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif I don't really draw conclusions until I've talked to people for awhile. No ones really ever hit on any of my characters perhaps because they're small and cute! If anyone does this to you tell them you're a guy quickly or pretend you are a girl until they become infatuated with you then tell them! My brother did this it was funny!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 1, 2004, 04:17 PM
On 2004-04-01 12:40, Cheep wrote:
I don't know how you could play with cheep and not even suspect I'm a kid and/or a girl. This one dude thought I was a 15 yearold guy named stevev http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif I don't really draw conclusions until I've talked to people for awhile. No ones really ever hit on any of my characters perhaps because they're small and cute! If anyone does this to you tell them you're a guy quickly or pretend you are a girl until they become infatuated with you then tell them! My brother did this it was funny!

C'mon now this is a game. Who cares who is behind that character's gender?
You're supposed to go online to play with others. Talk to others as well, and as a community you want to know about the people you play online with but it doesn't really matter since there's no way to prove any of it.

Just have fun playing and talking online.
Don't deceive too many people in terms of what gender you are just for the "fun" of it. Words do affect people. Don't forget to realize that.

Aveida
Apr 1, 2004, 04:18 PM
Play female. Guys are more likely to give you stuff if you are a chick. Like it or not, it's a fact of life.

Oh yeah... And they have good stats or stuff too...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 1, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-04-01 13:18, Aveida wrote:
Play female. Guys are more likely to give you stuff if you are a chick. Like it or not, it's a fact of life.

Online PSO players will give anything to anybody.
People dupe, create, and hack items then specifically go out to "help" people by giving them all these items.

And if you are a competent PSO player then you don't need anyone else's items.
You don't need to pick a HUnewearl then run around making smilies because you want a Lavis or something.
People will give one to you anyway.

Or what happened to finding out the information you need to find one on your own. Red Slime-Pouilly, the right Section I.D.

FOAtHeart
Apr 1, 2004, 06:46 PM
I don't like it when people look at me weird because I love my Hune Rayne! She's adorable! In the place I live in, you're supposed to be openly attracted to girls if you're a boy, but not play as them in videogames. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOAtHeart on 2004-04-01 15:47 ]</font>

Xero_Silvera
Apr 1, 2004, 06:51 PM
*gasp* OKAY I ADMIT IT!!!
I LIKE PLAYING FEMALE CHARACTERS! ON ALL GAMES! ITS TRUE
*doesnt run in shame*
Yea.. females are always the first choice for me.. Racing/rpg/fighting games.. you name it, im a chick.
-xero
ps: im male IRL...

Alighieri
Apr 1, 2004, 06:54 PM
On 2004-04-01 15:51, Xero_Silvera wrote:

You`re not the only one, you`re not the only one....

Cheep
Apr 1, 2004, 07:01 PM
On 2004-04-01 15:54, Alighieri wrote:

On 2004-04-01 15:51, Xero_Silvera wrote:

You`re not the only one, you`re not the only one....

Any particular reason why? Kinda weird,do you secretly like wearing pretty dresses and make up? Do you really use herbal essence? Do you just like playing them for no reason!? This one dude was trying to talk to me about"guy stuff" once,weird. He felt bad when I told him a was a kid too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

YoruTakami
Apr 1, 2004, 07:01 PM
At first, I originally thought it was just because guys like to play as girls...simply for aesthetical value.

But now that I'm less stupid, it's really all a matter of statistical values.

It's usually the same--in video games, females focus more upon defense and speed. And I guess guys like that.

Alighieri
Apr 1, 2004, 07:15 PM
On 2004-04-01 16:01, Cheep wrote:

Any particular reason why? Kinda weird,do you secretly like wearing pretty dresses and make up? Do you really use herbal essence? Do you just like playing them for no reason!? This one dude was trying to talk to me about"guy stuff" once,weird. He felt bad when I told him a was a kid too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I don`t really know....I guess there is no particular reason. And what`s wrong with herbal essence?

Siris
Apr 1, 2004, 07:51 PM
On 2004-04-01 13:18, Aveida wrote:

Hmmm, you're suggesting posing as a female to get free stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Maybe on GC but you can't really pose on X-box because of the voice chat. Thankfully! Because that is such a lame thing to do.

RadiantLegend
Apr 2, 2004, 09:48 AM
Play as both male(humar) and female (hucaseal/fomarl/ramarl)