PDA

View Full Version : FOnewearl question

stormwalkr777
Mar 31, 2004, 09:36 PM
I'm using a FOnewearl as one of my char. and i was wondering since her MST will be high anyways would it work to focus her UNITS on MST and her MAG on POW? Or is it possible to get such a high MST that u will seldomly run out of TP? CUs personally her MST isnt very high yet but she is using a Double Saber(my fav type of weapon) and i like the combo but i feel her MST should be higher and i'm not on Ult yet so i cant get any God/Mind.....

Cc08
Mar 31, 2004, 09:40 PM
Depends on what you want... Rarely, people will play a melee FOnewearl, and if you're going to do that then use some */Power units and make a POW mag... but, if you're like me, and you cast with your FOnewearl you're gonna want your mag to have high MIND (around 160) and the rest to DEX. And for my slots I have 3 GOD/MIND and 1 GOD/ARM

stormwalkr777
Mar 31, 2004, 10:03 PM
thanks bunches for the tip

Jason
Apr 2, 2004, 11:45 AM
God/Battle is a great unit too, it speeds up the attacking and the casting (I think).

My FOnewearl, who is around Lv 30, got a Talis (card type weapon) and she was around 40 MST behind to be able to use it. So what I did do, I used my higher Lv character (HUmar) into Ultimate Mode and piped the shop for 4 General/Minds (boosts 10 MST each) in a short time then giving them to my FOnewearl by Multi-Mode who luckily have a 4 slots armor equipped. The card is pretty cool, it also steals TP like Double Saber but its animations are slow and especially the final combo. That's why I mentioned God/Battle, it's an unit I would go for.

DezoPenguin
Apr 2, 2004, 12:18 PM
I'm not the FO master, not even since Dreamcast days, but...

If you're going to play a melee FOnewearl, you're obviously doing it for the fun and the challenge of it. Strap on a Hunter mag (massive POW and DEX) and go nuts with the */Power units. God/Arm and God/Battle would be nice.

My own FOnewearl is a pure caster. Her Naga is DEF/0/0/MIND only (who needs DEX when the only thing you attack physically are boxes and the occasional Monest?). Since they've got such an insanely high MST score and concurrently insanely high TP, they make very efficient use of Trifluids, making TP-restoring* weapons nice in a pinch but basically pointless unless you're in a group that positively hates waiting for a quick pipe up to replenish...not that it'll happen often. Better, once you can use them, to use weapons that add damage %s.

What I wouldn't do is try to go half-and-half. If you're going to melee, then melee. If you're going to cast, you might as well maximize your casting ability. No reason to burn two Foies on a target when a few more MST would let you kill it with one and halve your TP expenditure.

*TP-restoring, not TP-stealing. Monsters do not have TP that can be "drained," unlike HP-draining weapons which actually do take HP away from the target and give them to you. Not that it's relevant, but I thought I'd make the point.

Kuea
Apr 2, 2004, 12:42 PM
On 2004-04-02 08:45, Jason wrote:
God/Battle is a great unit too, it speeds up the attacking and the casting (I think).

nope no casting increase.
I was proven wrong.
I thought there was but, no.

_Sinue_
Apr 2, 2004, 01:47 PM
DezoPenguin is right. Because the FOnewearl was never really intended to be a melee character, you don't have a middle road between casting and melee to take. If you don't put your absolute all into meleeing, you're not going to be effective. Meanwhile, your casting ability will be downed by what are, basically, useless stats.

That's not to say you can't cast at all with her. In fact, it's easier in the beginning levels to just fill her up with non-permenant mind boosting units. Make a Mind Mag and get some good /Mind slots. Maybe a few good FO weapons.. and start collecting support spells. Still feed your character LUCK and ATP boosting mats. Once at about level 60 or so, you should be able to switch all those out for pure power increasing units. Make a DEX mag and try to max that stat out first (really helps in Ultimate) with ATP as a secondary concern.

The casting you do early on will also help "train" you into getting into the mindset of looking for enemy elemental weaknesses. Just because you melee, doesn't mean you shouldn't cast. You ARE a FO.. and many times a few well placed spells can do more damage if you're in danger. (RAbarta on a swarm of Gees for example)

Remember.. it doesn't matter how you play your character - so long as you play your character well.