PDA

View Full Version : GC: creating a new character today and was wondering...

jnblz316
Apr 1, 2004, 06:31 AM
i wanted to create a ranger possibly and ramar. my question is what's the best id for a ranger to have a chance of getting diferent guns i.e.shot,rifles,etc. someone said virdia but they gte alot of shots so i want to get a little bit of everything.
thanks in advance

Capricornus
Apr 1, 2004, 06:38 AM
On 2004-04-01 03:31, jnblz316 wrote:
i wanted to create a ranger possibly and ramar. my question is what's the best id for a ranger to have a chance of getting diferent guns i.e.shot,rifles,etc. someone said virdia but they gte alot of shots so i want to get a little bit of everything.
thanks in advance

Virdia is mainly the shot type ID
Greenill is the rifles.
Purp as addition is the mechs ID

drizzle
Apr 1, 2004, 06:43 AM
Yellowboze is good for a little bit of everything

DezoPenguin
Apr 1, 2004, 02:54 PM
I'd say, if you only were going to have one of the three, AND you only cared about getting a variety of rare guns, go for Purplenum. They get three out of the four Yasminkovs (2000, 7000, and the awe-inspiring 9000), Spread Needle (hey, if you want a shot*, go top of the line), and a smattering of other rifles including, of course, the Frozen Shooter. For that matter, the Yas9000, Spread Needle, and Frozen Shooter are generally considered the top three guns, and only Purplenum gets them all.**

If you're making an android, definitely go with Purplenum; Viridia and Greennill both have many of their better items available through piping which is a pain with a bot charater.

*Yeah, I know a needle isn't technically a shot, but they're close enough for government work.

**Because the Yas9000 is a Purple-fragging-num-only drop, of course. ^_-

Cc08
Apr 1, 2004, 03:20 PM
I have a purplenum RAmar and I love him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif... I have found all 3 of the guns (FS, SN, and Yas9kM) and it has made it sooo much easier

KingChaos
Apr 1, 2004, 05:21 PM
Greenill Or Purplenum

Garm
Apr 2, 2004, 06:04 AM
greennill is more a hu id than purplenum. and mechs suck for rangers wich arent a high lvl. simply said greennill or purplenum (i have both http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

jnblz316
Apr 2, 2004, 07:38 AM
well i created my ramar and it is a redria so i'm gonna get some kick ass armor. if anything i'll just trade some of the aromor i find for good ranger weapons.
thanks for the info guys

Eihwaz
Apr 3, 2004, 01:18 AM
Go with Purplenum.

Purplenum > Greenill > Viridia.

At higher levels, good mechguns will own any rifles, in terms of damage dealt. For a RAmarl with S/D/J/Z, at least. Yasminkov9KM is about the best mechgun. Sure, Guld Milla is stronger, but Yas9KM is FAR easier to get, and has rifle range. So seksi. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Purplenum finds Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle, 2 RAnger must-haves. Frozen Shooter has a suberb special, and Spread Needle owns virtually every awkward, slow, Shot that Viridia finds. Of course, you could still hunt down a nice Baranz Launcher, Purplenum can find the parts...

And, like someone else mentioned, it also finds Yasminkov 7000V and 2000H, which are great, strong weapons. Although, I heard the 7KV has shortened range, or something.

Purplenum also has easiest Psycho Wand, etc.

It's a bit lacking in good armors, though...but raise up a Redria character, and you're set.

Garm
Apr 3, 2004, 07:57 AM
3000r is the strongest rifles and 9k no auto aim just... sucks, pwand is still impossible, if your not an totally obsessed freak wich will go pipe down over a hundred mil lillys... (unless you are very lucky and get it on your first one) and mechs will be good, at level 140 wich is around 150 hours of normal playing. conclusion go with greennill (FS, SN, yas2000h and yas 7000v are found by both)

Cheep
Apr 3, 2004, 09:05 AM
I think greenill is good for rifles, and purplenum is good for mechs. I don't know about other classes, I've heard yellowboze is good for variety. My brothers ramar is redria and he's found one good rare(lavis cannon, he can't even use) not good for ranger. We both had to go to ult with our justys and be put to even more shame then we already had. I'm not a noob anymore!

Zero999
Apr 3, 2004, 09:27 AM
i have a redria HUcast and i found a scorpio... cant even use it but go with purple

Trugeta
Apr 3, 2004, 10:43 AM
you dont find that good of armor with redria, i would know, seeing as i have one. the rarest armor i have is a DF Field or secret gear. (cant remember if i traded for DF Field.) shouldve gone with something else.

Cc08
Apr 3, 2004, 05:54 PM
you dont find that good of armor with redria, i would know, seeing as i have one. the rarest armor i have is a DF Field or secret gear. (cant remember if i traded for DF Field.) shouldve gone with something else.Redria does find good armour. Just look at the drop charts. I would know too, I have one

Cheep
Apr 3, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-04-03 14:54, Cc08 wrote:

you dont find that good of armor with redria, i would know, seeing as i have one. the rarest armor i have is a DF Field or secret gear. (cant remember if i traded for DF Field.) shouldve gone with something else.Redria does find good armour. Just look at the drop charts. I would know too, I have one

The good armours had very few finds >.>