PDA

View Full Version : GC vs Xbox

tingler
Apr 1, 2004, 09:25 PM
i probably come off as a complete idiot by asking this kinda quesiton (either because it's already been discussed in the past or it's just stupid), but wut kinds of differences separate the gc and xbox version of PSO? offline and online

Xero_Silvera
Apr 1, 2004, 09:29 PM
Box always has the nifty voice tool! But cube has no hacks (still dupes, tho) from what im told, and there are modchips out for box.. (bad stuff.)
-xero

Ketchup345
Apr 1, 2004, 09:33 PM
On 2004-04-01 18:29, Xero_Silvera wrote:
But cube has no hacks (still dupes, tho) from what im told, and there are modchips out for box.. (bad stuff.)
-xero

GC has hacks: 300% in one area weapons (100% Native Bringer's Rifle, 300% Dark BKB).

GC:
Better telepipe and water effects
No annoying kids screaming

XBox:
No FSOD-X

Please do a forum search.

Cheep
Apr 1, 2004, 09:58 PM
On 2004-04-01 18:33, Ketchup345 wrote:

But cube has no hacks (still dupes, tho) from what im told, and there are modchips out for box.. (bad stuff.)
-xero

GC has hacks: 300% in one area weapons (100% Native Bringer's Rifle, 300% Dark BKB).

GC:

XBox:
No FSOD-X

uhh telepipe effects? Annoying kids screaming? Do you have any real reasons that aren't opinoin?
Ahem! Sorry about that. There are more hacks on xbox I think. The voice chat can be good or bad. People don't seem to realize no matter how annoying the kids are you still don't swear at them. I don't remember a topic of this for awhile and I don't care if you make another topic about it. I suppose you may find screaming children(why would they be screaming) and tp effects(why?) good reasons to like one or the other.

BRTW2
Apr 1, 2004, 10:02 PM
The only really big diffrenece is the type of communication, which is either in typed form, or in voice chat. Other than that, there are no real differences, the xbox version is getting quests taht were gamecube, sure it took time, but its good now.

EJ
Apr 1, 2004, 10:04 PM
the cube version can connect to jp and Eu servers while xbox is only in the US. Cube HL is cheaper whil xbox HL is more money because of xbox you have to have with it. HL can be use for EP1,2,3 for cube. Xbox only has Ep1,2. But Ep3 gets boring after awhile and have more annoying spaamers with the voice chat *_*.

tingler
Apr 1, 2004, 10:37 PM
awesome... so i didn't miss out on much from either

BOmar
Apr 2, 2004, 03:18 AM
On 2004-04-01 18:58, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-04-01 18:33, Ketchup345 wrote:

-xero

GC:

XBox:
No FSOD-X

uhh telepipe effects? Annoying kids screaming? Do you have any real reasons that aren't opinoin?

Yes, like Ketchup just told you, the water effects on the GC are superior to the Xbox's.
I didn't know about the telepipe effect being different though. The Sinow's cloaking effect is also much better on GC. Go to the seabed on both versions if you still don't believe us.
Many people have complained about annoying kids screaming through voice chat on the Xbox version in the past, so I assume that is what he has based that on.

The GC and Xbox are both pretty equal, with slight pros and cons to each side. (More people on GC, Easier to communicate on Xb etc.)

Do a forum search dammit!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BOmar on 2004-04-02 00:20 ]</font>

KingChaos
Apr 2, 2004, 05:38 AM
Xbox Rules Not Many Hacks (in Eu anyway)

Jason
Apr 2, 2004, 11:37 AM
There are some Deaf players (or part Deaf), you know. Not very many but, they would be more comfortable to the GC version by communicating through texts than by voice as they can't hear or for part Deaf by having a hard time making out what the voice says (some can understand no problem, some can't, and some barely can). So to me, as I have a hearing loss since I was 4 (don't ask about it), am more comfortable with the GC version.

Siris
Apr 2, 2004, 12:05 PM
On 2004-04-02 08:37, Jason wrote:
There are some Deaf players (or part Deaf), you know. Not very many but, they would be more comfortable to the GC version by communicating through texts than by voice as they can't hear or for part Deaf by having a hard time making out what the voice says (some can understand no problem, some can't, and some barely can). So to me, as I have a hearing loss since I was 4 (don't ask about it), am more comfortable with the GC version.

Jason, in addition to voice chat capabilities, X-box also has text capabilities and word select.

Jason
Apr 2, 2004, 12:14 PM
On 2004-04-02 09:05, Siris wrote:

On 2004-04-02 08:37, Jason wrote:

Jason, in addition to voice chat capabilities, X-box also has text capabilities and word select.

Yes, I know. But there are many using voice chat and the request of using texts can be ignored which in GC you can't because in GC it's all with texts through communicating. But from annoying players, both voice and text can be ignored.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-04-02 09:37 ]</font>

Rogue100
Apr 2, 2004, 02:56 PM
Cube HL is cheaper whil xbox HL is more money because of xbox you have to have with it.

I don't know who told you differently, but HL for both is $8.95 a month.

DezoPenguin
Apr 2, 2004, 04:01 PM
On 2004-04-02 11:56, Rogue100 wrote:

Cube HL is cheaper whil xbox HL is more money because of xbox you have to have with it.

I think Rogue100's referring to the XBox Live fee, which is charged on top of the HL and ISP costs. That might be a big deal for some people, depending on their financial circumstances (and if they intend to play anything besides PSO online).

More irksome is that you have to have XBox Live (and pay that fee) even if you only play PSO offline. Actually, in which case, I'd strongly recommend GC, just 'cause the hardware's cheaper if you're offline only.

Oh, one other thing--because Episode III uses the same servers as GC Ep. I & II, the servers might stay "up" longer. But then again, maybe not, if Ep. III burns out in the short run, so who knows?

KingChaos
Apr 3, 2004, 07:16 AM
On 2004-04-02 13:01, DezoPenguin wrote:

On 2004-04-02 11:56, Rogue100 wrote:

I think Rogue100's referring to the XBox Live fee, which is charged on top of the HL and ISP costs. That might be a big deal for some people, depending on their financial circumstances (and if they intend to play anything besides PSO online).

More irksome is that you have to have XBox Live (and pay that fee) even if you only play PSO offline. Actually, in which case, I'd strongly recommend GC, just 'cause the hardware's cheaper if you're offline only.

Oh, one other thing--because Episode III uses the same servers as GC Ep. I & II, the servers might stay "up" longer. But then again, maybe not, if Ep. III burns out in the short run, so who knows?

yeah but the thing is its for every gamne and the xbox has so many games that arte much better than the gc for xbox live

VioletSkye
Apr 3, 2004, 10:46 PM
On 2004-04-03 19:40, Andriod002 wrote:
Well, i have 2 accounts and 2 memory cards (one account for each card). 1 account can go online the other can't and i was wondering if i activated the account for online will i have to pay $20 or will i have to pay $10 for 2 accounts.

Wha??? You only need 1 HL per system to go online. You can have as many chars on as many cards as you want.