PDA

View Full Version : EVERQUEST OR PSO?

Sleet1
Apr 21, 2001, 11:50 AM
ok i know this is a stupid question to ask on a PSO webite but for the summer im going to my dads house in Cali.I can either get another Dreamcast and another PSo game or get Everquest. Which is better? Everquest looks bigger and stuff but more older people play it and it looks complex. I am only 13 and im not sure if ill like it due to how hard it is. Pso is kewl cuz its a little easier to understand and my brothers will be on with me but it also has no challenge after you get to V hard. You might as well make a new char but theres not a huge selection. PSO vr 2 is gunna come out in a year and by then, no on will be playing. So the question is everquest, or PSO? Latley i have found myself bored with PSO after a while then wanting to go back on later and then i want everquest but i looked on the website and they talk like they are like 4 million years old. I only have 100 bucks and im not getting both. So PLZ PRIVATE MESSAGE ME UR ANSWER! but if you must just reply here

Gilder
Apr 21, 2001, 02:57 PM
Wow, your post was opinion-based in some parts. By the time Version 2 comes out, people will still be playing, don't know where you got that information from. Personally, I'd recommend PSO because Everquest requires ten dollars a month, but if you feel like shelling out 10 a month, go for it. Everquest is good due to the fact that it has a huge and persistent world, and yes, it's significantly more complex than PSO.

Also, where did you get the idea that PSO has no challenge when you get to VHard? That's where the challenge lies, and also the fun of the game. Did you level up to 100 or something before attempting to go on V Hard? Try going there at level fourty and watch how many lashings you take http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif.

IVI
Apr 21, 2001, 03:06 PM
PSO - why? becuz no matter how you look at it, a computer chair cannot beat a lay-z-boy for hours and hours of gaming...

Lardo
Apr 21, 2001, 05:17 PM
Well i use to play EQ. but its just a matter of opinion. as iv been playing guilds/clans have a much bigger impact in EQ that in PSO. but PSO has the edge on action. EQ is more chalenging while PSO isnt. PSO has a plot and a game to beat, while there is no plot to EQ and the game cant be beat. but as i said its just a matter of opinion.

Lardo
Apr 21, 2001, 05:18 PM
Well i use to play EQ. but its just a matter of opinion. as iv been playing guilds/clans have a much bigger impact in EQ that in PSO. but PSO has the edge on action. EQ is more chalenging while PSO isnt. PSO has a plot and a game to beat, while there is no plot to EQ and the game cant be beat. but as i said its just a matter of opinion. not to mention EQ is also coming out with a new expansion set for the late part of the year.

Sleet1
Apr 21, 2001, 05:51 PM
okok. I decided to import ver 2 and not play everquest cuz people get WAY to into that game! so ver 2 is gunna be SWEET! ill tell you what its like when i get it and make you envy it for ever! lol. Ver 2 comes outmay 31! YAW!! its not that expensive either

Vash-the-stampedo
Apr 21, 2001, 06:06 PM
Well i believe i have a good stance on this thread, considering i played EQ for over a year constant like 14 hours a night, and god YES there is a reason why it is famed for being called EVERCRACK because its addicting as hell, more then PSO ever was in my opinion, i bought PSO to get a break from EQ for the fact that EQ was taking up my whole day every day i never did anything else, not only that but EQ has a much better environment for NO CHEATING, their security is awesome, no duping, no cheating, sure you can power lvl' but thats something amongst other people or another one of your characters if you have 2 computers, i recommend EQ if you really want to play a stable game with no end to it and its always fun if you find some good friends and/or get in a good guild to do some big raids. thats my 2 maseta

Sleet1
Apr 22, 2001, 09:30 AM
darnit im on this thing again! im not sure if i should get PSO version 2 or Everquest. PSO got me intrested for like 3 months and everquest seems to do much more. Im probably gunna get PSO vr2 but im gunna want to see what everquest is like. DAMN MY IFFY MIND!

spawn
Apr 22, 2001, 01:53 PM
Well, I'd say get EQ if you can pay $10 a month for it. The game is like $10 now and $10 a month. Get the full pack with all the expansions. I played it a my friend's place and I'd say it is the coolest RPG. The battles are based on dice rolling though. If you like RPG's then get EQ. Otherwise get everybody's favourite quasirpg, PSO. And you should know your current character won't work on the jp PSOv.2 and you'll have to find a way to pay the $3 a month for the jp PSO.

Rotis
Apr 22, 2001, 02:07 PM
Personally, I ph33r EverQuest. No, really. One of my friends got into EQ last summer... ugh... it's almost impossible to talk to him. Every other comment has something to do with that damned game. People go into that world and never come back...
While I have never played EQ (my Mac-using shields me from any temptation to get that game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif), I like the fact that it's possible to play PSO *and* do other things in life.

Well... sorta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Rotis
Apr 22, 2001, 02:10 PM
Sorry. Yet another doublepost. ^^;

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Rotis on 2001-04-22 12:37 ]</font>

Tabolet
Apr 22, 2001, 03:25 PM
Stay away from EQ. It'll keep you entertained for a few months, at best. Even if you continue playing after, you won't get any of the satisfaction you did at first.

Bad shit.

>> i recommend EQ if you really want to play a stable game <<

Sure, there may be very few cheaters, but who needs cheaters when the developers change key game mechanics on your class every couple months, anyway?

Get PSO. Sega will never go into your Dreamcast and completely rewrite the game you're playing in order to score themselves more cash.