PDA

View Full Version : What's a good method for placing 7 point items/creatures?

stonefish
Apr 3, 2004, 01:52 PM
Now that i'm coming across cards such as Dark Meteor, Delbiter, Gibbles, Mercuris, etc, i'm wondering what is a viable strategy for using them? Certainly, blocking until you can unleash a high coster is a bit tedious ( a bit sterilizing, yes - our reproductive organs are precious commodities, are they not?) and tends to annoy other players; I've shyed away from playing that way as much as possible. (Exceptions do occur, cookie!) I'm curious whether or not any of the vetran players on this board implement high costers into their deck effectively.

Again, I think the answer to my question is
a fairly obvious one; however, i'm sure there must be some approaches that I havent taken account of. I'd appreciate some input.

VulpesMundi
Apr 3, 2004, 02:34 PM
You really only have a few options, here. The first option is to stack your deck with Dice +1 cards. The second option is to stack both Dice Fever and Dice +1 cards. Third is to just wait it out until you can build up a proper dice bonus. Most of the high-cost critters are better used as last-ditch efforts or surprise attacks, anyway. If you set up high dice values early your opponent is going to quickly realize what you're trying to do, destroying the element of surprise and causing them to bum rush you with everything they've got. As usual, think strategically and don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you sit on your haunches waiting to use a high-cost card, it could seriously come back to bite you in the butt.

Zaneatron
Apr 3, 2004, 02:45 PM
I agree with Vulpes that its more of a last ditch effort, unless your lucky enough, so that your not in a bad position where you could lose...

if someone were to put a 7 coter in a deck, i doubt it would be part of their main strategy. maybe it would be great for their strategy, but they should know they cant count on it. id say the best option it to try and build up you dice bonus, its less obvious what your planning to do, but has its own risks, that the match isnt already over http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif or if you do roll that 7, you can set, but not attack. and as an arkz, if you set a 7 coster, and your not at the back of the grid, your going to be going solo, seeing all high costers cant be set anywhere useful, unless you have flatland on...

your best bet is to work up that dice bonus, maybe play a dice +1, pick away at your opponent's weps/creatures, then let your monsters die (as arkz) or weps (as hunters), and try and play your 7 coster. it would be adviseable to have something cheap out to get in the way, e.g. mag/barrier, rag rappy/recon. something annoying...

just play around with the strategy, if you think it could work, play it more, if you dont think its viable, make another strategy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-04-03 11:46 ]</font>

psojohndoe2
Apr 3, 2004, 03:56 PM
I've seen a few decks that focus mainly on getting one 7 pointer out, but only with Arkz (Though you could do it with Guykild as well, I guess, Hunters would lose too my HP from destroyed weapons to make it a viable option.)

Put in your deck only 1 point creatures, about 7-9 of them. then add 3x Saint Rappy and *x 7-point-card. Next, 3x Kamikaze Attack, 2x Reqiuem.

Try to toss out 3 1 pointers, and your saint rappy, and keep them very close together, but if you can't it's still OK.

Saint Rappy + Kamikaze Attack will do like 13 damage at full HP for the Saint Rappy, to all surrounding squares, AND you get +12 EX bonus, because the Saint Rappy has Inherit (gain EX bonus equal to the creatures HP. Add in a few 1 pointers killed, and maybe you destroy 1 or 2 items or creatures on your opponents side... Then you play Reqiuem, gain EX equal to the # of dead items/creatures.

You could toss in a Legacy (if you have one), so even if you can't pull out the Saint Rappy and Kamikaze attack combo, and you spam the board with like 4 or 5 1 pointers, casting Legacy will kill them all off, and give your ATK Dice + 1/2 the cost of all your creatures that were on the field (i.e: you have 6 1pt creatures out, you play Legacy, they all die, and you get +3 to your ATK dice) the draw back to this is, Legacy costs 2 to play, so it's only really useful if you have 6-8 points worth of creatures out on the board. But, if you *DO* have 6-8 points worth of creatures out, you roll a 6, cast Legacy, you'll then have ATK Dice of 7 to use to summon your 7 pointer. So, theorteically:

Turn 1: Saint Rappy, Claw, Dice+1, or Dice Fever.
Turn 2: Rag Rappy, Claw.
Turn 3: Roll a 5 at least. Legacy, your ATK goes from 5 to 3 (for Legacy) and then to 7 (8 points worth out, halved is 4, add the 3 you have left = 7) cast your 7 point creature.

Note, even though it says "Turn 1" I didn't mean it as in the first turn http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just the start of when you pull the combo off.

Hm... Not sure if I explained well. I'll make a new topic and explain it properly, including what cards to put in the deck.

Codester
Apr 3, 2004, 08:45 PM
I had a pretty good deck getting out Dark Meteor with Guykild. I used some high HP cards (mostly shields, like DB's) with Bequeanth and Companion, and cards like Dice +1, Charity, and Requiem to get a huge Dice Bonus. Then I just used a bunch of cards to protect the Meteor, like GN Guard, Half Defence, and Card Return for when if it got destroyed.

Jools
Apr 4, 2004, 09:37 AM
Guykild with high hp inherit weapons (that rifle that ST nerfed used to be excellent for this) can slowly build up a very nice dice bonus.

-Jools