PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances of finding a rare monster in ultimate ca

Zero999
Apr 3, 2004, 07:01 PM
tilte says it all

VulpesMundi
Apr 3, 2004, 07:05 PM
All rare enemies in E1&2 have an estimated appearance rate of 1/512. So to increase the chances to see a specific rare enemy, you should play in an area where more of the basic enemy type appears vs. other enemies. There are guides on PSOW that will tell you how many enemies appear in quests and what quests are best for hunting specific enemies.

PsychoMantis
Apr 3, 2004, 07:07 PM
i dont know, every one says its a 1/512 chance but that's bull. doing the cave 3-5 times u should atleast maybe come across a rare guy once but luck is always different. the whole time u play pso u may never get a rare guy in the ult caves, maybe u'll get a rare guy every time but i dont know its always different. JUST PLAY and maybe u'll get a rare guy.........

VulpesMundi
Apr 3, 2004, 08:41 PM
Well let's put it this way... On the old DC/PC versions all rare enemies had an appearance rate of 1/1024 (this was official from Sega/ST themselves). In easily 3000+ hours on the DC, I believe I can count all the rare enemies I ever saw in normal gameplay on two hands. I saw probably twice as many rare enemies during C-mode, though, which was quite disappointing. However, in about the same amount of time on the GC (as of this post), I've seen 632 rare enemies. Now I'd say between 150 and 200 of those were natural (not piped) during normal gameplay, but the comparison is staggering. And I did try the telepipe trick on the DC and it never once worked for me there.

In the end, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Just like with item drops, the 1/512 is an average, not a solid estimate. Each enemy that has a rare counterpart has a 1/512 chance to become that rare enemy. No more, no less. Some people are lucky and find rare enemies all over the place, while others are unlucky and can never seem to find them at all. Luck of the draw, and all that jazz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-04-03 17:44 ]</font>

Jarek
Apr 3, 2004, 09:07 PM
Rare enemies in c-mode are such a waste.
But I can't help but laugh when one decides to show up; nar lilys and love rappies are my c-moding friends. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Plus there's no dissappointment because you already know that it isn't going to drop a rare. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif