PDA

View Full Version : What! #%!@ is a bad word?

Tseng_Li
Apr 21, 2001, 05:27 PM
My name is Tseng and I'm a new member here at PSO World. I'm talking bout the sensoring on PSO.

So, I'm in a Ophelia Block 10 (not like it matters what ship,block, or lobby your in. Matter of fact, any game online for PSO),talking to my friends. We we're just talking in a circle, me trying to catch up because I don't have a keyboard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif, and I say cola. Get this, cola. It sensors that! I know I am making a big deal out of this, but I can say a plethora of other words in succesion without any sensorship. My friend, as lewd as he is, is yelling out ovaries and uterus and I can't say boobies or breasts. Now that just kinda kills the conversation when I can't say anything nasty without spacing or putting various other symbols between f*ck and sh*t.
I know all of you are saying, "What the f*ck and/or sh*t are you talking about!?". I know, I just wanted to say that. Oh, and you can't say pimp, not even with the number one substituting the I ,ie: p1mp. Now how can my friends play without saying that they're pimps with 3 HUnewearls,RAcaseals,FOnewearl,or FOmarls in there team and him being a HUmar,HUcast,RAmar,RAcast,or a FOnewm! Oh well. Not like I care about saying pimp aloud. Just let me say my fucks and shits so I can express myself. Ok, that's the end of my ranting.

Gandalf
Apr 21, 2001, 07:34 PM
Excuse me, as i said before, Please refrain from using slurs such as "Cola" If every1 starts saying this, what corrupt children will come from this world.

HadukeN!

Glider
Apr 21, 2001, 07:45 PM
My ears! My ears!

Deathkiller
Apr 21, 2001, 08:32 PM
YOU BEEN A BAD MONKEY!

AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO BAD MONKEYS!

YEAH!

THEY GET DECAPITATED WHILSTE HAVING THEIRE ENTRAILS CUT OUT AND BURNED BEFORE THEIRE EYES!!!

Riel
Apr 21, 2001, 08:45 PM
I was going to reply with the morals and what not to this post...but its not even worth it.

Give me a frigging break..........i expressed myself and everyone understood...sheeesh....

Drake
Apr 21, 2001, 08:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I believe the filter is there because Sega doesn't want that kind of conversation in their game. At all. With or without spacing or various other symbols.

... What did you think it was for? Some sort of conspiracy to deplete the world's supply of asterisks? -.-;

I'm sorry if you are offended by being asked not to "express yourself" in public, but I think Sega is more concerned with the players who might be offended by your... er... particular brand of humour. -_-; Vulgar people are not their target audience.

Cube
Apr 21, 2001, 09:02 PM
Cola, Saturday, and spade are all evil words in the country of cambodia. There for we cant say them! Thats kind of %$#@ because...hey why is %$#@ censored! &6$% WTF!!! I cant even say %$#$! WHY!!!!!

Danger_Girl
Apr 21, 2001, 09:06 PM
When I was a wee little Danger Girl, I asked my dad once why it was not okay to say certain words. He told me "those words will make you less intelligent."

He was right you know.

Falkon
Apr 21, 2001, 09:23 PM
Well, poof is censored too, also, in japan, saying fart is worse than saying...THE f-word.

/Falkon

CASH
Apr 21, 2001, 09:59 PM
::cries::

IVI
Apr 21, 2001, 10:11 PM
ive grown rather fond of the
"#$%^" things... it looks
funny to me, and if u think
about it... most people have
the brains to tell whats
under the %$#@$% from the
rest of your sentance or
whatnot.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

my uncle's cuzzin's
roomate's former fianc?
allways used to say: saying
foul words makes your breath
stink.. lol

IVI

GrandSlash
Apr 21, 2001, 11:15 PM
Yah it kinda bugs me when id like to hurl a petty insult such as idiot and you get treated like a convict.

Rubius-sama
Apr 22, 2001, 05:05 AM
Heh...when i set it to jap mode and i swear in japanese, they dont censor at all...

but in english they censor words ranging from suspicious to jap to saturday...

sega screwed on this one.........

<center>???????????????????[?@???K?`?I</center>