PDA

View Full Version : Tech RAmar

FOAtHeart
Apr 4, 2004, 02:29 AM
I'm traing a RAmar to a high level currently, after 80 or 90 or so, I'm making him into a tech RAmar. (unorthodox! haha!)
So, let's see if I have this right:
Max techs: 15, 5 anti
Max Mst: Mag, Mats
Weapon: Unarmed

Can anyone add some more detail to this?^
I wanted to try this out and I'm a little unclear. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

opaopajr
Apr 4, 2004, 02:46 AM
i stick to shot weapons with my RAmar. it's still a weapon, but it's also tricky due to its recovery time. nice and challenging.

i enjoy playing my tech RAmar from bottom up, but i'm DC so mine's gonna be a different set of ideal equip.

surprisingly Soul Eater is quite useful to a tech RAmar in early levels. so it might help for anyone else trying to quickly get to higher tech RAmar to go quest for Soul Eater.

oh and i routinely hotbutton jellen for tech RAmar. really helps buy time. they can take the hits more than a force usually, but when casting you need to peg more than a force so...

Cheep
Apr 4, 2004, 03:47 AM
Thats sounds umm interesting... I have no idea how it'll work,but good luck!

rena-ko
Apr 4, 2004, 09:26 AM
use god arm or sonic knuckles (from egg rappies - they're out soon) as weapon instead of unarmed. its still counting the cast speed as unarmed and you get nice statboosts - esp out of those sonic knuckles.

besides mat / mag diet plans... check the guides...

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1189

for gold stat, 200 stat and when you'll max.

heh
on a sidenote, this is a very unique kind of 'jokechar'. nice nice. good luck with him.

kazuma56
Apr 4, 2004, 03:26 PM
well, I think everything is pretty much already answered but I have a melee RAmar in the GC version, and he currently is better than my bro's Humar because of his ATA and ability to use special's on weapons more than his hu.

Cc08
Apr 4, 2004, 08:08 PM
use god arm Isn't that a unit? Are you talking about GOD HAND?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 5, 2004, 02:28 AM
On 2004-04-04 18:08, Cc08 wrote:

use god arm Isn't that a unit? Are you talking about GOD HAND?

In all likeliness, yes.

But 665 max MST on RAmar.

Lowest among tech users, that is kind of a "challenge". Or at least something more to try if you're bored with the game.

KingChaos
Apr 5, 2004, 04:53 AM
try using guns that forces can use ie Bringers Rifle, Holy Ray Ect

KaFKa
Apr 5, 2004, 06:09 AM
why cant people understand that he/she is going along the same lines as a melee force? (which is stupid for most of you, since melee means close range weapons as opposed to ranged. so why are you a melee force when you use handguns and mechs)

_Sinue_
Apr 5, 2004, 07:02 AM
Good luck.. even I wouldn't accept a challenge like that. You have several obsticals to overcome that Melee FO's do not. Your MST limit, being one. The only weapons that really raise your MST past max are FO only. Not to mention, that FO's can accentuate their ATP and DEF by weakening a monster's physical attack and defenses with J/Z. There is no such technique for lowering a monsters tech resistance - and online, tech resistances are very high. You're also cut off from many vital spells.

What you're doing, is likened by having a Melee FOnewearl use only a ROD or WAND in Ultimate and not being able to cast J/Z or S/D. That's not a challenge.. that's suicide. But hey.. if you can make it work - more power to you.

(Note: My Melee FOnewearl doesn't use guns. She uses Daggers and Sabers)

azngamer648
Apr 9, 2004, 01:11 AM
On 2004-04-03 23:29, FOAtHeart wrote:
I'm traing a RAmar to a high level currently, after 80 or 90 or so, I'm making him into a tech RAmar. (unorthodox! haha!)
So, let's see if I have this right:
Max techs: 15, 5 anti
Max Mst: Mag, Mats
Weapon: Unarmed

Can anyone add some more detail to this?^
I wanted to try this out and I'm a little unclear. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tech RAmar...wow...good luck....better stick with a gun still though...

Jarek
Apr 9, 2004, 08:27 PM
On 2004-04-05 02:53, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
try using guns that forces can use ie Bringers Rifle, Holy Ray Ect

RAmars cannon use a holy ray; MST max is too low.
This has been said before, and will probably be said again.
*sigh*

If you really want something different, go for it. Not something I could say I'd do.