PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

ElizaBluefull
Apr 4, 2004, 01:42 PM
I was in a team tourney a few nights ago with one of my buddies in unguis lapis. The match seemed to be going well until one of the opponents played an assist card called flatland. My partner looked it up and said that its description read "Free summoning." The definition of free summoning is that summoning creatures costs zero action points while this card is on the field. I would assume this means to set them costs 0. However, the arkz on the other team set a merlan right in my face (this cost him action points to do as well) from across the board! It did end up killing me (poor Creinu...) so my partner and I pretty much complained. We think they cheated. Does flatland let you summon creatures anywhere on the field or not? Is the description that I looked up incorrect? (I may sound like a new player for this question, but I need to know so I can adjust my strategies in case it ever gets played on me again. I myself will never use this card if it does what it did against me cause that is cheaper than sinow zele against an arkz with hp attack.)

Edit: it cost us all action points to summon anything, so I do think there is either a misprint or that those smacktards cheated. If anyone wants to know who they are PM me and I'll tell you. Don't wanna risk flaming here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ElizaBluefull on 2004-04-04 11:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ElizaBluefull on 2004-04-04 11:44 ]</font>

StrongBad
Apr 4, 2004, 01:50 PM
Theres a mistake in the discription of Flatland. It actually lets you place monsters anywhere on the field, not free summoning. I was confused when I first got it too.

navci
Apr 4, 2004, 02:16 PM
By using Flatland, they can put a Delbite RIGHT in front of you. Instead of staying back on the other end of the field as usual high cost creatures do. You can see how this card can be dangerous.

ElizaBluefull
Apr 4, 2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks for your help on that. Wonder if anyone will complain to st in the near future due to its cheapness?