PDA

View Full Version : got to hate "semi-legit" people

rising_sunset
Apr 4, 2004, 08:41 PM
Ok, so yesterday I was play with my friends and we were in ruins and we said only legit people can join this game. So this HUcast joined and we piped him. He took out his double cannon and did HUGE amount of damage. Then we realized it was 300% dark. And We said that is not legit. But he's like NO ITS HELLA LEGIT!

So later we asked him what he traded for this so called legit weapon. He said he traded soul banish and meteor crudgel. We were like "seriously WHO IS THAT STUPID TO TRADE THOSE 2 USELESS ITEMS FOR A LEGIT DOUBLE CANNON?!" He's no, IT'S LEGIT IT'S JUST YOU 2 ARE NOOBS!

-__-

OMFG!!! NO ONE EVER CALLED ME A NOOB BEFORE! 8 FREAKIN ULT CHARACTERS!

*back to rant* So later he said he was semi-legit because he did have a legit mag. (still could be duped) But it has photon blasts. So then we were like "there is no semi-legit?!" There is legit and nonlegit!

here heres the analogy:

There is a black and there is a white, either you are black = mafia or you are white = police. THERE IS NO GREY!

So he keeps on calling us NOOBS. My friend got pissed and finally FSOD him...

Prob solved but still angry...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-04 18:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-04 19:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-04 19:14 ]</font>

Pancake
Apr 4, 2004, 09:06 PM
On 2004-04-04 18:41, carolsdegga wrote:
Ok, so yesterday I was play with my friends and we were in ruins and we said only legit people can join this game. So this HUcast joined and we piped him. He took out his double cannon and did HUGE amount of damage. Then we realized it was 300% dark. And We said that is not legit. But he's like NO ITS HELLA LEGIT!

So later we asked him what he traded for this so called legit weapon. He said he traded soul banish and meteor crudgel. We were like "seriously WHO IS THAT STUPID TO TRADE THOSE 2 USELESS ITEMS FOR A LEGIT DOUBLE CANNON?!" He's no, IT'S LEGIT IT'S JUST YOU 2 ARE NOOBS!

-__-

*back to rant* So later he said he was semi-legit because he did have a legit mag. (still could be duped) But it has photon blasts. So then we were like "there is no semi-legit?!" There is legit and nonlegit!

here heres the analogy:

There is a black and there is a white, either you are black = mafia or you are white = police. THERE IS NO GREY!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifisappove:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-04 18:42 ]</font>

N00B!!! hahaha! No i am just playing. I hate those type of people. Best thing to do is not heal them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pancake on 2004-04-04 19:07 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Apr 4, 2004, 09:13 PM
So you're complete dickwads to him, FSOD him, and somehow you're the pure and holy ones?

Here, let me help you get that head of yours out of your ass.

rising_sunset
Apr 4, 2004, 09:15 PM
On 2004-04-04 19:13, Ian-KunX wrote:
So you're complete dickwads to him, FSOD him, and somehow you're the pure and holy ones?

Here, let me help you get that head of yours out of your ass.

NOTE: I said my friend FSOD him. He never FSOD people. But this guy he just got too annoying. And btw lets not hope that this will lead to flaming http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zero999
Apr 4, 2004, 09:25 PM
wtf 300% dark, isnt that impossible, haked, fake?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zero999 on 2004-04-04 19:29 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Apr 4, 2004, 09:30 PM
Well... Regardless... If the guy had only listened to your request for only legit people to join your game, he wouldn't have been fsoded. Not to mention it sounds like he was just being an ass blatently lying to your face and acting like a total jackass... Maybe he had it coming to him. >.>

Blitzkommando
Apr 4, 2004, 09:43 PM
I don't care how annoying someone is. To FSOD them for it is much worse... Fighting fire with fire always leads to someone being burned... There is always one option, you can leave and make a new game... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 4, 2004, 09:44 PM
Your friend is still a huge fscking asshole, plain and simple. You're at fault as well for condoning shit like this. Where do you draw the line? Would you be happy if they were CKed? NOLed? Corrupted? People like you unfortunately stick out, squeak, and make all the non-asshole legits look bad by association.

No flaming? Sorry, you're inviting it, little girl. Learn to deal with it, or quit posting flamebait shit like this.

Pancake
Apr 4, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-04-04 19:44, Ian-KunX wrote:
Your friend is still a huge fscking asshole, plain and simple. You're at fault as well for condoning shit like this. Where do you draw the line? Would you be happy if they were CKed? NOLed? Corrupted? People like you unfortunately stick out, squeak, and make all the non-asshole legits look bad by association.

No flaming? Sorry, you're inviting it, little girl. Learn to deal with it, or quit posting flamebait shit like this.

I'll have to side with Sord on this one. I mean, I dunno if your legit or play online Ketchup (I think you do though) But those people are so annoying. So what they got FSODed big deal! They can just get the same Dupes.

Saladwood
Apr 4, 2004, 10:32 PM
everyone, cool it, don't make it any worse

KodiaX987
Apr 4, 2004, 10:49 PM

In USA, we kill those who attempt to murder. Same justice in PSO. Got any better idea to fight against a cheating idiot?

Pancake
Apr 4, 2004, 11:03 PM
On 2004-04-04 20:49, KodiaX987 wrote:

In USA, we kill those who attempt to murder. Same justice in PSO. Got any better idea to fight against a cheating idiot?

Your right on with that

Bender202
Apr 4, 2004, 11:18 PM
I'd have to side with carolsdegga on this one. If ST aint gonna do something about then we should order marshall law. FSOD all idiotic hackers!!!!!

rising_sunset
Apr 4, 2004, 11:21 PM
I mean they can be say they are unlegit and I don't care. JUST DON'T JOIN MY GAME! But it's ok to be unlegit but if you are unlegit and tries to act legit and starts to talk bullshit back? THEN THEY GET FSOD. That's my rule simple as that.

Nai_Calus
Apr 5, 2004, 04:22 AM
So, who died and made you god? :3 Many who live deserve death, and many who die deserve life. Can you give it to them? >_>; No? STFU, then, please. :3

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 05:45 AM
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with IAn on this one. You're friend had no right to FSOD him. Also that makes him hypocritical because he made a game for legits only, yet he FSOD's people, making him a cheater.

I admit that many cheaters can be annyoing, but no one deserves to be FSOD'd

*EDIT*

I saw this.

But it's ok to be unlegit but if you are unlegit and tries to act legit and starts to talk bullshit back?

So when you harass them, they can't defend themselves?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-04-05 04:16 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Apr 5, 2004, 07:12 AM
Your lawbook is too rigid...

Siris
Apr 5, 2004, 08:40 AM
On 2004-04-04 18:41, carolsdegga wrote:

-__-

here heres the analogy:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-04 19:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-04 19:14 ]</font>

Well first, he's a liar plain and simple. If he even cared about being legit, he would not be using an uber-hacked weapon in the first place no matter what he traded for it. And Second, did you really get a kick out of FSODing someone? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Murdercall
Apr 5, 2004, 09:15 AM
On 2004-04-05 05:12, KodiaX987 wrote:

There is no flexibility in law.

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 09:20 AM
On 2004-04-05 07:15, Murdercall wrote:

Oh yes there is.

shifter
Apr 5, 2004, 09:52 AM
On 2004-04-05 07:20, Ness wrote:

On 2004-04-05 07:15, Murdercall wrote:

Oh yes there is.

rich people getting off with capital crimes comes to mind. O.J. anyone? or how bout those Ramsey's?(to name the few i can think of off the top of my head) if you got the money, you can just higher some high priced defence atterny and have them spin your way out of a crime. sad, but unfortunatly true.

Armok
Apr 5, 2004, 10:01 AM
So basically he 'annoyed' you with stupid duped (game glitch) weopons and insted of leaving like a normal person would do your friend FSODed him prob damaging his Gamecubes lazer using a cheat. And you friends legit why?

I'm sorry but dicks who fsod online are the worst of the worst. Why dont you just go out and murder some beggers with an Uzi as beggings illegal too. Two wrongs don't make a right now STFU about semi legits and get lost.

KodiaX987
Apr 5, 2004, 10:26 AM
On 2004-04-05 07:52, shifter wrote:

rich people getting off with capital crimes comes to mind. O.J. anyone? or how bout those Ramsey's?(to name the few i can think of off the top of my head) if you got the money, you can just higher some high priced defence atterny and have them spin your way out of a crime. sad, but unfortunatly true.

I don't mean cash, I mean special cases. The laws are not always the right thing to do in all cases. This is why a court exist. You come in, you tell the judge why you believe it should be done in a special way, instead of in the way the book states.

Rainbowlemon
Apr 5, 2004, 11:04 AM
How about you admit both of you were wrong, because that is apparently the case. This cheater shouldn't have joined your game knowing it was for legitimate players only, but if you knew that he was cheating, then why didn't you just leave him? Why did your friend have to FSOD him?

Both of you were in the wrong, him for cheating, and you for coping with the situation so immaturely. End of discussion, no?

~ Antimony

Scejntjynahl
Apr 5, 2004, 11:06 AM
This practice of having the best lawyer is not new at all. Happened even in the dark ages, where a Lord or King was accused or insulted, they would send their best Knight to battle in their name. And if their Knight won, all charges were expunged, they believed that victory only was achieved by the "good", hence, if they won in battle, there is no possible way that they are guilty. Do remember though, this was the Dark Ages for a reason.

KodiaX987
Apr 5, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-04-05 08:01, Armok wrote:
So basically he 'annoyed' you with stupid duped (game glitch) weopons and insted of leaving like a normal person would do your friend FSODed him prob damaging his Gamecubes lazer using a cheat. And you friends legit why?

I'm sorry but dicks who fsod online are the worst of the worst. Why dont you just go out and murder some beggers with an Uzi as beggings illegal too. Two wrongs don't make a right now STFU about semi legits and get lost.

A few bombshells I'd like to toss in your direction:

-If I make a game, the house rules are mine to decide. If I want everyone to play bare fists and feet, so be it. If I want it hunters only, so be it. If I want legit only, so be it as well. I'm the game master, I'm the one who calls the shots. Those who don't want to play the way I specify can go look for another game. I'm not going to be the one leaving just because a dumbass wants to show off his rares.

-FSOD simply freezes the game. I don't see how the laser would damage the disc unless you kick your GC across the room while it's still plugged in. Then again. I got a few FSODs on my DC, and it never damaged any discs of mine.

-Self-defense exists for a reason. It's your white card to do anything necessary to save your own ass when under attack. In PSO, the same thing applies. There are no mods inside the game to deliver justice, and thus it's up to the players to do it.

-Those who FSOD online are the worst of the worst? Remember the NOL code. Remember the password break code. Remember the lobby-crash code. Remember the CK code. An FSOD is a needlepoke compared to the frustration of a CK.

-Beggars? Uzis? Useless argument, find something else.

-Two wrongs can make a right. It doesn't happen everywhere, but it is a possible event.

Armok
Apr 5, 2004, 01:11 PM
Look this story sounds more like a dum newbie enters a game with an amazing weopon they have been given. They use this weopon not knowing much about whether its legit or not (not everyone visits forums and chats all day about this shit ya know). They enter a legit game not knowing their crime and get instantly verbally assualted by two 'legits' (used loosely) about the weopon and then fsoded.

Of coarse they could have been a jerk either way, Well done guys thats another person whos gonna log off upset, Then go online order a GS and print off a list of nasty codes to take revenge. So the spiral of Hate continues.

The best way to deal with a situation like this one would have been. Ask the person to use a different weopon, ask person to leave or failing all else leave yourself.

KodiaX987
Apr 5, 2004, 02:11 PM
On 2004-04-05 11:11, Armok wrote:
Of coarse they could have been a jerk either way, Well done guys thats another person whos gonna log off upset, Then go online order a GS and print off a list of nasty codes to take revenge. So the spiral of Hate continues.

Got proof? Regardless of the outcome, assholes will be assholes. It's only a matter of time before the idiot tries to hack stuff by himself, and I'm sure the involvement of carolsdegga and his friend did little to help or hinder the guy's soon-to-be intention of taking his cheating a step further.

And as far as now knowing his crime, that can't happen here. The guy trusts the one who game him the weapon but not the ones who tell him about the weapon after he joins a game? I've run into people on the DC version using Nei's Claws and claiming them as legit, even though this weapon was specifically banned online and couldn't be found in any way whatsoever.

Legit means playing the game fairly. It means using weapons that are findable and that have an average amount of strength so that the others can also get some experience points. Whether or not the guy re-did his character using a cheating system doesn't bother me. If he plays the game like any other player would, I have nothing to say. The idiot got the FSOD because he wasn't respectful of the house rules, wasn't respectful of the XP system, and acted as if the game belonged to him alone. carolsdegga's team didn't want to redo the entire area just because of an idiot, so they nuked him off and finished up the area. It was up to the newcomer to take knowledge how to play in that team. His behavior lead to the same result as if he had tried to rub himself on a hedgehog. In someone else's game, you don't make the rules, you obey to them.

navci
Apr 5, 2004, 02:26 PM
On 2004-04-04 19:45, Pancake wrote:

I'll have to side with Sord on this one. I mean, I dunno if your legit or play online Ketchup (I think you do though) But those people are so annoying. So what they got FSODed big deal! They can just get the same Dupes.

I just want to point out Sord never posted in this thread. I think you meant Ian. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And. carolsdegga, things like this happen online a lot. You better get used to it, or well, play in a locked game.

Bender202
Apr 5, 2004, 02:33 PM
[/quote]

Oh yes there is.

[/quote]

Actually there really isn't any flexibility in law. Unfortunately the law is written so there is flexibility in how it was written i.e. interpretation of the law

astuarlen
Apr 5, 2004, 03:24 PM
Gonna have to agree with Ian, too, though maybe not in such strong language. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right. Someone brought up that we execute attempted murderers in America as justification for this kind of behavior. Just for the record, I think you'll find that there are quite a few people (I'm hesitant to say majority because I don't know the statistics... although I'm sure I could find some to prove either point. XP) who are opposed to this form of "justice". Seriously, let's not stoop to the level of the offender, criminal or cheater.

Carolsdegga, your defense is that a) he deserved to be FSODed and b) it wasn't YOU who personally did the dirty work; you had your friend actually carry out the infamous act, correct? So, I guess this makes you an accessory to the crime? The people associate with and the actions you condone have a direct reflection on you. You are defined in part by the company you keep.

I just wonder why someone who tried to pass off hacked stat MKBs as legit in a trade would make a topic like this... tsk tsk are we being hypocritical?

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 03:42 PM
Actually, two wrongs can make a right, but still he didn't have the right to FSOD him. So what if he used a hacked item? FSODing someone just because they have a hacked rare is just like killing somone because they talked when they weren't supposed to, it's overkill.

What makes it even worse is the fact that you did it because he was semi-legit. You claimed that you and your friend (the one that did the FSOD) were legit. Yet you used a cheat to punish him for using cheats, making you a cheater. So you are no better than he is, if not worse.

Armok
Apr 5, 2004, 04:01 PM
On 2004-04-05 12:11, KodiaX987 wrote:

Got proof? Regardless of the outcome, assholes will be assholes. It's only a matter of time before the idiot tries to hack stuff by himself, and I'm sure the involvement of carolsdegga and his friend did little to help or hinder the guy's soon-to-be intention of taking his cheating a step further.

And as far as now knowing his crime, that can't happen here. The guy trusts the one who game him the weapon but not the ones who tell him about the weapon after he joins a game? I've run into people on the DC version using Nei's Claws and claiming them as legit, even though this weapon was specifically banned online and couldn't be found in any way whatsoever.

Legit means playing the game fairly. It means using weapons that are findable and that have an average amount of strength so that the others can also get some experience points. Whether or not the guy re-did his character using a cheating system doesn't bother me. If he plays the game like any other player would, I have nothing to say. The idiot got the FSOD because he wasn't respectful of the house rules, wasn't respectful of the XP system, and acted as if the game belonged to him alone. carolsdegga's team didn't want to redo the entire area just because of an idiot, so they nuked him off and finished up the area. It was up to the newcomer to take knowledge how to play in that team. His behavior lead to the same result as if he had tried to rub himself on a hedgehog. In someone else's game, you don't make the rules, you obey to them.

FSODing ppl in an open game is just going to add sparks to the legits vs cheaters online hatred. By FSODing this person it is not going to stop them enetering legit games it will simpely make them hate legit ppl more and make them more determined to get revenge.

Oh and with the tempation of FSODing there what would happen say if a totally legit player had joined and piped down then straight away found a supa rare you where searching for off a creature. Then wouldnt give it to you

Would you fsod them as they cheated you out of a rare? would be tempting wouldnt it. No one has the right to fsod in my opinion.

Oh and neis claw could be obtained on dc v2 in TTF and tranfered back over to v1 via a legit trade.

Wrong and Right are opinions, therefore its my opinion no two wrongs make a right from my view point. Basically saying what I said you cannot disprove so FU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-04-05 14:07 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Apr 5, 2004, 04:04 PM
Note: Someone explain to me the whole "stooping down a level" concept because I honestly don't believe in such a thing...

Amrok: You put in the situation that one would FSOD non-legits on sight. That's not how it works. You give a warning first, and if the person does not comply, then you deliver your payload. The FSOD is there as a weapon of dissuasion. "Hey, equip something else." "No." "Once again, equip something else or I drop you off the game." "No." "As you wish. Bye-bye!" That would be closer to the typical scenario.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-04-05 14:23 ]</font>

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 04:46 PM
On 2004-04-05 14:04, KodiaX987 wrote:
Note: Someone explain to me the whole "stooping down a level" concept because I honestly don't believe in such a thing...

Amrok: You put in the situation that one would FSOD non-legits on sight. That's not how it works. You give a warning first, and if the person does not comply, then you deliver your payload. The FSOD is there as a weapon of dissuasion. "Hey, equip something else." "No." "Once again, equip something else or I drop you off the game." "No." "As you wish. Bye-bye!" That would be closer to the typical scenario.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-04-05 14:23 ]</font>

So you're saying that someone has the right to ruin your inventory jsut becasue you disobeyed them? that's a little harsh, if you ask me.

astuarlen
Apr 5, 2004, 05:40 PM

Here is your "stooping down to one's level", dear. Execution of murderers, no matter how you try to justify it, is basically legalized murder. Likewise, freezing someone's game and possibly causing them to lose items because you think they have an item they didn't earn is as bad as (personally I think it is worse than) using a duped or hacked weapon. Revenge or personal "justice" doesn't work out.

Ness, not to say I'm disagreeing with the other things you said, but could you provide an example of when wrong + wrong = right? I'm speaking of "wrong" from a moral standpoint, here, rather than a legal one, as you might be doing. In that case, I agree completely, but otherwise... I'm curious.

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-04-05 15:40, astuarlen wrote:

Here is your "stooping down to one's level", dear. Execution of murderers, no matter how you try to justify it, is basically legalized murder. Likewise, freezing someone's game and possibly causing them to lose items because you think they have an item they didn't earn is as bad as (personally I think it is worse than) using a duped or hacked weapon. Revenge or personal "justice" doesn't work out.

I agree.

Ness, not to say I'm disagreeing with the other things you said, but could you provide an example of when wrong + wrong = right? I'm speaking of "wrong" from a moral standpoint, here, rather than a legal one, as you might be doing. In that case, I agree completely, but otherwise... I'm curious.

When the preventer of information services is slain by the evil human resources director, that is an example of two wrongs making a right.

Also read my article in off topic titled "A Touch of Philosophy" for a more in depth and serious example.

Nai_Calus
Apr 5, 2004, 05:58 PM
On 2004-04-05 12:26, navi wrote:

I just want to point out Sord never posted in this thread. I think you meant Ian. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Considering that what the quoted person said COMPLETELY goes against everything I've said in this thread... No.

Sord
Apr 5, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-04-05 15:58, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-04-05 12:26, navi wrote:

Considering that what the quoted person said COMPLETELY goes against everything I've said in this thread... No.

erm, that was confusin Ian, i still don't get it. On the other hand, he's not the first to mistake me for someone, Ketchup did it in the mod's april fools joke.

Also, just to stay on topic, there is such think as a semi-legit, and many diffrent tones of grey per say. For an example, anyone who dupes their weapons for backup. If you duped, for any reason, your a duper, as far as it being good or bad, that's opinion. But anyone who dupes their weapons for backup is a semi-legit person, cause those weapons are not legit. What you need to focus on is that just because you are or aren't legit doesn't mean you are a good or bad person, it's just more than one way to play the same game. It's really childish how people argue over this and stuff. As long as the person isn't tagging and hogging items or killing all the enemies, i don't see a prob with a non-legit weapon at all. Maybe they just like the way it looks with the character. Maybe it's this or that. Seeing something as simply black and white is rather, well, not looking at how things really are.

_Ted_
Apr 5, 2004, 07:07 PM
So now "legit" players FSOD people? Here I was thinking that being legit meant not cheating, silly me.

Bender202
Apr 5, 2004, 07:10 PM
Well, yes that is what being "legit" means

Sord
Apr 5, 2004, 07:23 PM
if you are going to call someone non-legit for something as childish as a dupe, and you dupe, for whatever reason, even back up, your just as bad (or rather just as bad on your terms). Cause other people suffer FSOD as well, and some might try and go back in get something, without duping or using hacked characters or whatever. People who are truly legit have never used a duped weapon (weather concious or not of it) and have never used a hacked weapon or character. The whole stupidity of some of you PSOWians legit vs. non-legit is shere... geez, i can't even come up with a friggen word for it! Just becuase someone is legit or non-legit, you immediatly criticize them (remember this is not to all PSOWians) even though you have no idea why they have something non-legit, and other times, you don't even know for sure if it a dupe. I've read here and there in chears among just this place, how ridiculous it is. Some idiot online just blew this thing way out of proportion and it just caught on. Now it's split between legit "I hate you" and non-legit "I hate you" with no time to learn about the friggen poster. Half the time all you stuck-ups who are semi-legit complain about pitiful little things like a non-legit joined your legit party, and howo they got all rude. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your the rude one for discluding someone just for what they have done, without any knowledge as to why?! I mean, argh, you people are sometimes beyound stupidity! Call it flame bait if you want, but seriously, some of you need to get over it! It's a friggen game!

EDIT: sorry Ted, relized mah mistake, going the poster and not me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-04-05 17:28 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 5, 2004, 07:28 PM
Sord, read _Ted_'s post again.
He basically said cheating and non-legit go hand in hand, since...well... they do. They mean the exact same thing.

Now, also notice that _Ted_ did not stipulate what was cheating and what was not. Maybe he considers backing up with dupes cheating, maybe he doesn't. The "eye of the beholder" is not in the fact that cheating means non-legit, it's what each person sees as cheating all in itself. You cannot choose what is not legit without choosing what is also, in our own minds, cheating. That is were the lines are made by each person, however lenient or stict they may be.

------
EDIT- Meh, and then Sord editted his post.
Oh well, I'll keep it here for the reference of others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-04-05 17:29 ]</font>

_Ted_
Apr 5, 2004, 07:29 PM
Sord, calm down man.... I really could care less about the Legit vs Unlegit crap. I just thought it was funny that carolsdegga's friend was breaking the rules that they had set for themselves and were getting angry at someone else for breaking.

EDIT: Opps, read your edit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Ted_ on 2004-04-05 17:30 ]</font>

rising_sunset
Apr 5, 2004, 09:13 PM
On 2004-04-05 14:46, Ness wrote:
So you're saying that someone has the right to ruin your inventory jsut becasue you disobeyed them? that's a little harsh, if you ask me.

Note: NOT DISOBEY! But he was being so annoying that I we couldn't stand it! we couldn't do anything when he started to kill the enemies with that 300% wep! We told him to leave because he was unlegit. He ignored us COMPLETELY and kept on calling us noobs and kept on killing! *~*

Mixfortune
Apr 5, 2004, 09:27 PM
On 2004-04-05 19:13, carolsdegga wrote:

Note: NOT DISOBEY! But he was being so annoying that I we couldn't stand it! we couldn't do anything when he started to kill the enemies with that 300% wep! We told him to leave because he was unlegit. He ignored us COMPLETELY and kept on calling us noobs and kept on killing! *~*

Stand still on the ship for a while, and don't say anything.
They'll probably get bored and leave.
If they just go down to the surface and kill or whatever, best idea is just to leave. You have just stumbled upon a slight piece of why locked games were so popular on DC.

rising_sunset
Apr 5, 2004, 09:36 PM
On 2004-04-05 19:27, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2004-04-05 19:13, carolsdegga wrote:

Stand still on the ship for a while, and don't say anything.
They'll probably get bored and leave.
If they just go down to the surface and kill or whatever, best idea is just to leave. You have just stumbled upon a slight piece of why locked games were so popular on DC.

I will have to agree with this. Like some other people said. To make a lock game, I usually do. But this time it was in the morning and there was barely anyone playing so we thought no one would join but who knows?

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 10:17 PM
What still get me is the fact that you FSOD'd him for being unlegt when the act of FSODing makes you unlegit as well. It's sort of hypocritical.

rising_sunset
Apr 5, 2004, 10:22 PM
On 2004-04-05 20:17, Ness wrote:
What still get me is the fact that you FSOD'd him for being unlegt when the act of FSODing makes you unlegit as well. It's sort of hypocritical.

Like I said my friend FSODed him, and he never FSODs people. It's just this once, because that guy was annoying. But still ness. I can almost promist you that you will be annoyed so much that your head will explode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 10:34 PM
On 2004-04-05 20:22, carolsdegga wrote:

Like I said my friend FSODed him, and he never FSODs people. It's just this once, because that guy was annoying. But still ness. I can almost promist you that you will be annoyed so much that your head will explode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It doesn't matter whether he did it once of 100 times, the fact that he did it still makes him a cheater. You see, this is a double standard that I've seen many legits try to use before. They always say cheating is cheating until they are the ones guilty of it, then they suddenly loosen up their definitions of cheating. Yes, I most definitely would have been annoyed, but FSODing him was not the answer.

rising_sunset
Apr 5, 2004, 10:37 PM
On 2004-04-05 20:34, Ness wrote:

On 2004-04-05 20:22, carolsdegga wrote:

It doesn't matter whether he did it once of 100 times, the fact that he did it still makes him a cheater. You see, this is a double standard that I've seen many legits try to use before. They always say cheating is cheating until they are the ones guilty of it, then they suddenly loosen up their definitions of cheating. Yes, I most definitely would have been annoyed, but FSODing him was not the answer.

Still any better suggestions when you are in this case? When you just got to ruins?

Ness
Apr 5, 2004, 10:42 PM
On 2004-04-05 20:37, carolsdegga wrote:

Still any better suggestions when you are in this case? When you just got to ruins?

Well, I wouldn't have acread aobut him using hacks in the first palce, unless he was being an exp hog. In that case, I would have just left.

Bender202
Apr 5, 2004, 11:11 PM
Just face it Ness your wrong.

Mixfortune
Apr 6, 2004, 12:16 AM
Unfortunately, his opinion is not wrong.
Considering that this is a case over "eye of the beholder" line drawing, there is no real right and wrong, at least not morally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-04-05 22:17 ]</font>

Ness
Apr 6, 2004, 05:57 AM
On 2004-04-05 21:11, Bender202 wrote:
Just face it Ness your wrong.

I'm wrong? So you are are saying that legits should be allowed to use cheating at their discretion, thus upholding a double standard and becoming hypocrite? If that is what you are saying, then I am wrong; but I don't think that was what you were saying so I am still right.

astuarlen
Apr 6, 2004, 04:38 PM
Question: Was the FSODing done with the intention of hurting, annoying, or otherwise causing distress and inconvenience for the victim?
Answer: Yes.
Conclusion: FSODing him--cheater or not--was the wrong thing.
Therefore, Ness is right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guile
Apr 6, 2004, 06:11 PM
I hate people, period.

KodiaX987
Apr 6, 2004, 08:03 PM
On 2004-04-06 14:38, astuarlen wrote:
Question: Was the FSODing done with the intention of hurting, annoying, or otherwise causing distress and inconvenience for the victim?
Conclusion: FSODing him--cheater or not--was the wrong thing.
Therefore, Ness is right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Question: Was the hacked weapon usage done with the intention of hurting, annoying or otherwise causing distress and inconvenience for the victim?
Conclusion: Excellent logic, but countering it was easy...

Ness
Apr 6, 2004, 08:15 PM
On 2004-04-06 18:03, KodiaX987 wrote:

Question: Was the hacked weapon usage done with the intention of hurting, annoying or otherwise causing distress and inconvenience for the victim?
Conclusion: Excellent logic, but countering it was easy...

You logic implies that all people use hacks with the intention of hurting/pestering others. This is not the case. Some people use hacks to magnify their personal experience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-04-06 19:06 ]</font>

astuarlen
Apr 6, 2004, 08:35 PM
*agrees with Ness*
And, in addition, even if the intention of using a hacked weapon was to be annoying, that doesn't make the act of FSODing someone right. In that case, both parties are guilty.
Excellent logic... provided that you believe a wrong action on the part of one party absolves the other party of blame when the latter acts wrongly. The whole "he hit me, therefore, I am going to kick him back" thing doesn't work...

KodiaX987
Apr 6, 2004, 09:06 PM
On 2004-04-06 18:15, Ness wrote:

You logic implies that all people use hack with the itnention of hurting/pestering others. This is not the case. Some people use hacks to magnify their personal experience.

I'm sticking to this one particular case. My posts here do not apply to a general situation.

On 2004-04-06 18:35, astuarlen wrote:
In that case, both parties are guilty.

I'd be indeed more inclined to go this way than to put the blame solely on the FSODer. My own system of justice is simply harsher than yours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-04-06 19:08 ]</font>

Ness
Apr 6, 2004, 09:08 PM
On 2004-04-06 19:06, KodiaX987 wrote:

On 2004-04-06 18:15, Ness wrote:

You logic implies that all people use hack with the itnention of hurting/pestering others. This is not the case. Some people use hacks to magnify their personal experience.

I'm sticking to this one particular case. My posts here do not apply to a general situation.

Still, that doesn't justify the FSOD.

KodiaX987
Apr 6, 2004, 09:10 PM
On 2004-04-06 19:08, Ness wrote:

If I reply, I'll end up repeating myself, so I guess I'll just leave it to a hung jury...

rising_sunset
Apr 6, 2004, 09:15 PM
On 2004-04-06 19:10, KodiaX987 wrote:

If I reply, I'll end up repeating myself, so I guess I'll just leave it to a hung jury...

Uh...
good point there...

*court closed*

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ==> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: carolsdegga on 2004-04-06 19:17 ]</font>

Ness
Apr 7, 2004, 05:43 AM
On 2004-04-06 19:10, KodiaX987 wrote:

I agree, however, that both parties were guilty in this case.

TatuPreb119
Apr 8, 2004, 06:53 PM
What will happen is next time you'll be the one who gets FSOD (just this one time) and the other person will be the one saying but he was annoying!
That was wrong dude.. so many other options that you could of done

l0c0dantes
Apr 8, 2004, 08:47 PM
Rule of thumb: be nice to people, and people will be nice to you. maybe being polite and junk would have fixed the problem, because i highly doubt that you were. And if you ask me that house rules thing is shit, If you want house rules, lock the game. If you and your friends want to play the game by a certain set of rules, fine. If you don't have enough people to fill a game, tough shit. expecting people to play by YOUR rules for a game THEY payed for is insane. And out of curiosity, how does FSOD'ing a hacker do anything worth while? Isn't it just promoting duping because they have to make more equipment?

KodiaX987
Apr 8, 2004, 09:07 PM
On 2004-04-08 18:47, l0c0dantes wrote:
Rule of thumb: be nice to people, and people will be nice to you. maybe being polite and junk would have fixed the problem

Last time I did that, I was flamed, PKed, and stolen from. Ask me afterwards if I want to be nice.

Armok
Apr 9, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-04-08 19:07, KodiaX987 wrote:
Last time I did that, I was flamed, PKed, and stolen from. Ask me afterwards if I want to be nice.

Thats what you have to expect. Its strenght of character that pulls you through the abuse/rejection. Eventually you'll meet some ppl who are on your wave lenght and not complete twats.

Basically the same principle as going out on the pull, you get turned down loads of times but its worth it when you get there in the end.