PDA

View Full Version : Lavis cannon!

Rainbowlemon
Apr 5, 2004, 04:34 PM
Just making a topic to say that, on my 50th Pouilly Slime, I have finally found my LAVIS CANNON, and am now the proud owner of a legit DOUBLE CANNON!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Patience is a virtue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sorta stuck for things to do now! I've got into the routine of piping so much that I've forgotten how to enjoy the game! Well, I have about 20 levels 'till my Aura Field, so I think i'm gonna put this Double Cannon to good use!

~ Antimony

PJ
Apr 5, 2004, 04:41 PM
Watch as the second Pouilly I destroy gives me a Lavis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(No, the first didn't give me a Lavis. And I'm quite sure my second won't either)

My only ever Pouilly Slime I ever saw was on Redria Ult. I thought it was a sign http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Congratulations!

Cc08
Apr 5, 2004, 04:43 PM
Lol, nice find. I know the feeling of what to do after you finally find an item you've been hunting for. For example, within one hour, I found a FS, God/Battle, and Spread Needle, and those were the 3 I had spent months before searching for. I was like okay... what should I do now?

doubletake123
Apr 5, 2004, 04:43 PM
yeah congrats I remember your sig saying like 5 slimes no lavis and finally you got it. Congrats!!

Jason
Apr 5, 2004, 04:56 PM
You just won't stop for a Lavis won't you? I knew you'll get it someday, because I've keep noticing the number of red slimes in your sig rising (you don't give up easy)! Now that you've finally got it, congratulations! I've still got to get my Redria character to reach VH then to Ult to get the Lavis of my own in your same steps.

And then two Syncestas... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-04-05 14:58 ]</font>

Trugeta
Apr 5, 2004, 05:00 PM
congratulations! want a cookie? i still havent gotten one yet. only seen 3 slimes so far. have you ever had a red slime come from one of the blue ones, but then it turned blue after it popped up? it happened to me once. it was red, and then when it came up, it turned blue all of a sudden, it was freaky, and it made me mad.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 5, 2004, 05:29 PM
congrats on your find...i got mine on the 22nd...though 50 is a helluva lot to pipe...you must have waited ages...but 50 slimes for a lavis is better than 50 slimes and no lavis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_brainchild
Apr 5, 2004, 06:25 PM
Am I supposed to be counting the rare enemies I find?

Xero_Silvera
Apr 5, 2004, 06:35 PM
gratz anti, enjoi yur lav http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif soon ill be after mine
-xero

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 5, 2004, 07:30 PM
*Trembles* Err... excuse my ignority but when you say 50 slimes you are... you weren't... are you talking about 50 red slimes a.k.a. Pouilly Slimes?!

Trugeta
Apr 5, 2004, 07:48 PM
yeah, thats exactly what Antimony is talking about.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 5, 2004, 07:54 PM
Congrats on your find, i too have a Lavis Cannon but dont use it, only the Double Cannon i like,im just not a fan of just single hit swords,multiple hits and multiple targets is where its at.
Anyways enjoy your new weapon it kicks major ass,i think its one of the best weapons in the game,in both appearance and performance.

SJ
Apr 6, 2004, 04:38 AM
I'm planning on getting the oran one from the first room of soul of steel....
I can see my sig changing.....
1905 runs - 1 lavis
65 torrs - 2 syncestas
lol
Damn that'll probably happen now....

Rainbowlemon
Apr 6, 2004, 11:18 AM
On 2004-04-05 17:30, Aztec_Mystic wrote:
*Trembles* Err... excuse my ignority but when you say 50 slimes you are... you weren't... are you talking about 50 red slimes a.k.a. Pouilly Slimes?!

Yea, that's 50 Pouilly Slimes, not including the 3 that I accidently piped away from http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I am absolutely loving the Double Cannon, it goes perfectly with my black hair and purple costume for my HUnny! And I love how it spins the way it does! Splendid!

I'm now on a hunt for a Luminous Field or a DF Field, depending on my mood http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

~ Antimony

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 6, 2004, 04:40 PM
DF Field is ugly, go for Aura Field, its the coolest armor a HUnewearl can wear, either that,Guard wave or Brightness Circle.

PurplePower1
Apr 6, 2004, 09:50 PM
yea my friend who is purplenum is trying to get it in the forest for the first time, i am skyly so of course it will be awhile for me.

Eihwaz
Apr 7, 2004, 12:17 AM
Heh, good job, Antimony. Double Cannon is IMVHO the best Double Saber in the game. A bit weaker than BKB, sure. But, it's far cooler. *awaits flames*

Oh, and if you want to hunt some good stuff? For armors, go with Brightness Circle, DF Field, or Guard Wave. All are quite useful, and cool-looking to boot. Or explore Ep2, Redria has some nice finds there.

azngamer648
Apr 7, 2004, 12:34 AM
On 2004-04-05 14:34, Antimony wrote:
Just making a topic to say that, on my 50th Pouilly Slime, I have finally found my LAVIS CANNON, and am now the proud owner of a legit DOUBLE CANNON!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Patience is a virtue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sorta stuck for things to do now! I've got into the routine of piping so much that I've forgotten how to enjoy the game! Well, I have about 20 levels 'till my Aura Field, so I think i'm gonna put this Double Cannon to good use!

~ Antimony

50!! *Grimace* I feel good and bad for you at the very same time...

GuerillaPimp
Apr 7, 2004, 05:42 AM
Man after picking up Ninja Gaiden and Pandora Tomorrow, it might be a loooooooong time before i go back on the dreaded lavis cannon hunt. Especially for the fact that you found it on your 50th(!!) ?slime

Rainbowlemon
Apr 7, 2004, 09:14 AM
On 2004-04-06 22:17, Eihwaz wrote:
Heh, good job, Antimony. Double Cannon is IMVHO the best Double Saber in the game. A bit weaker than BKB, sure. But, it's far cooler. *awaits flames*

Oh, and if you want to hunt some good stuff? For armors, go with Brightness Circle, DF Field, or Guard Wave. All are quite useful, and cool-looking to boot. Or explore Ep2, Redria has some nice finds there.

I've bin using the Brightness Circle for a while, and have just found a Guard Wave today, so all i've got left is Luminous field and DF Field http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif My Aura Field is also sat in the bank, just waiting....

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 13, 2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I finnaly found some of them I've seen 3 red slimes so far. When I found my first one I was just like motivated to keep on trying and yesterday I made 3 runs on the Adicting Food quest and found precisely 3 red slimes (I mean, they were my first slimes and were 3 in one single day)! unfortunatly none of them gave me the lavis, I just hope not to overpass the record of Antimony lol.
Hey dude but in order to get a double cannon you had to find two syncestas didn't ya? Are they hard to find with a skyly or what?

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 10:50 AM
I would say get rid of the BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE and get yourself a LUMINOUS FIELD asap. That is my armor of choice until I get my characters to the LOVE HEART which at that point I equip that. I wouldn't get the AURA FIELD mainly because I think it's pointless to take a HUnewearl up past the 140's but some people like to try to get to 200 and if you are one of those people then I mean no disrespect. I personally think the AURA FIELD is overrated for the level you have to be to use it. I mean for it to have something like 275-280 Defense power is nice and all, but if you think about it the LUMINOUS FIELD has 230-235 at level 101 and then consider that if you are on ULT and you have a decent playing FO character in there with you,, 9 times outta 10 you'll have deband casted on you at level 25+ at least which will make you damn near untouchable anyways to combine with the DFP of your high level character to boot. People have been saying the LOVE HEART is garbage but when you think about it, the LOVE HEART is better than the other armor mainly because once you get around a male character it raises by 100 points taking the DFP to around 285-300. I don't know about you but every game I'm in there is always characters that are male and since they melee like me your always within range of the DFP boost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-13 09:10 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Apr 13, 2004, 12:49 PM
I feel sorry for you. Partially because you went through 50 red slimes, partially because you looked for 2 syncestas, ut mainly because you upgraded the cannon. Lavis Cannon untekked > Double Cannon.

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 04:30 PM
On 2004-04-13 10:49, PaleKid15 wrote:
I feel sorry for you. Partially because you went through 50 red slimes, partially because you looked for 2 syncestas, ut mainly because you upgraded the cannon. Lavis Cannon untekked > Double Cannon.

Why would an untecked LAVIS CANNON be better than a DOUBLE CANNON? I'm curious on how you came up with that?

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 05:20 PM
Do a forum search about that, it's been explained thousands of times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 05:35 PM
On 2004-04-13 15:20, Kef wrote:
Do a forum search about that, it's been explained thousands of times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well I just wanna know his opinion because I don't think it would be better based on the fact that it is only a 3 hit weapon and I like weapons suchs as doubles and swords. That's all I was curious about.

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 13, 2004, 05:55 PM
What? I'm not getting a thing by the moment. what do you mean by Lavis cannon untekked > Double cannon? It just doesn't make any sence.
One more question, the drop rate of a red slime isn't like the other normal guys is it? I'm hopping it's higher... (I mean a rare item)

Dragon_Ash
Apr 13, 2004, 05:58 PM
to put it simply, if you keep the lavis cannon untekked, then it's special attack never misses... but will someone please correct me if i'm worng? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jeff86
Apr 13, 2004, 06:06 PM
A lot of people, myself included, like the untekked Lavis Cannon because the special can be used at no cost of HP. And the special attack has the same properties of a hard attack.
So, you have crowd control, accuracy and power all in one with an untekked Lavis Cannon.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 13, 2004, 06:09 PM
no hp cost too? now you've got me wanting to look for another lavis cannon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Siris
Apr 13, 2004, 06:13 PM
Congrats on the cannon, that is awesome!!

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 06:21 PM
Good job,but no cookie for you, You piped it and that is inpatient and still stupid.

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:21, Cheep wrote:
Good job,but no cookie for you, You piped it and that is inpatient and still stupid.

I would love to see someone go through the average number of rare enemies to get some items doing normal runs. Some are insanely tough (I'd love to see a Purplenum Mil Lilly drop a Pshyco Wand doing normal runs, it has and will happen, but not often). I'd have hated to killthose 13 Hildetorrs it took to get my Frozen Shooter doing normal runs. Also, some people have gone over 66 rare enemies for one Syncesta, which is just insane.

Your brother got lucky he got a Lavis from a random unpiped Pouilly Slime. The drop is 1/22 (obviously can vary), and Pofuilly Slimes are in general harder than other enemies to come by (due to the few normal spawns, and the need to split them).

Edit: And piping is considered still legit by almost everyone.

Congrats on the Legit Lavis>
Antimony

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-04-13 16:29 ]</font>

Dragon_Ash
Apr 13, 2004, 06:32 PM
yes.. i would of hated to do a few thousand runs lookng for 22 slimes for my lavis... sometimes it's alright to pipe rare enemies with higher drop rates than normal... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

KingChaos
Apr 13, 2004, 07:14 PM
congrats i just go through forest alot to get lavis cannon ive got 2 only though

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 13, 2004, 07:44 PM
Hey but wait a minute, are you sure that the attack power is the same beeing the blade untekked? And is Redria pouilly slimes the best way to go for a Lavis? I ask this because I just found 4 of them and so far they just gave me crap! Not even a decent item. Do you believe that even one of them gave me an Angel/Luck?! Geez...

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 08:05 PM
I would say the best way is the Purplenum forest run from a Tollaw. I found 2 in one day, but none since then. I wasn't aware of that untecked special thing. I kinda wish I would have left it untecked, but oh well I still never use it.

Sef
Apr 13, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-04-13 17:44, Aztec_Mystic wrote:
Hey but wait a minute, are you sure that the attack power is the same beeing the blade untekked? And is Redria pouilly slimes the best way to go for a Lavis? I ask this because I just found 4 of them and so far they just gave me crap! Not even a decent item. Do you believe that even one of them gave me an Angel/Luck?! Geez...

What's your Section ID and you're on Ult. right? Most people choose Redria I guess because of that quest. You can find a bunch of Slimes. Increased chances of finding a Red one, increased chances of getting Lavis Cannon. Purplenum is cool cause you see Tollaws a couple times in the forest and you know they're going to be there...

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 13, 2004, 09:57 PM
I'm a Redria and yes I am on ultimate in the caves but the guys just give me meseta and crap like that. I think that pouillys have a better rare item drop rate than the normal enemies (according with PSOW) and although you may take more time finding the slimes you'll have like more luck with them than with the tollaws.
Oh, by the way I've found my 5th red slime today, now I'm gonna get some sleep.

lain2k3
Apr 13, 2004, 10:31 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:28, Ketchup345 wrote:

I would love to see someone go through the average number of rare enemies to get some items doing normal runs. Some are insanely tough (I'd love to see a Purplenum Mil Lilly drop a Pshyco Wand doing normal runs, it has and will happen, but not often).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-04-13 16:29 ]</font>

Kef got his that way ><

and congrats, I really hope I dont have to go through that many...

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 12:20 AM
good job on the cannon.
all I need is three synsestas for a lavis cannon, lavis blades and double cannon.

Blitzkommando
Apr 14, 2004, 12:25 AM
On 2004-04-13 22:20, Eclair wrote:
good job on the cannon.
all I need is three synsestas for a lavis cannon, lavis blades and double cannon.

You would need only 2. One to transform to Lavis Blades and second for Double Cannon.

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 12:27 AM
On 2004-04-13 22:25, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

good job on the cannon.

You would need only 2. One to transform to Lavis Blades and second for Double Cannon.

ahhh but I said I would need three for lavis cannon blades and double cannon.
for all three of them.

Blitzkommando
Apr 14, 2004, 12:32 AM
On 2004-04-13 22:27, Eclair wrote:

On 2004-04-13 22:25, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

good job on the cannon.

ahhh but I said I would need three for lavis cannon blades and double cannon.
for all three of them.

Lavis Cannon is what you find in the first place, thus negating the need for the extra item. Here it is in a chart:

Lavis Cannon + Syncesta = Lavis Blades + Syncesta = Double Cannon. Thus you only need two, unless you want to change it back into a Lavis Cannon for some strange reason.

Edit: If you mean 3 for each that is, well, highly unlikely. Easiest drop is from Oran Hildetorr, at 1/22. Saying it took you exactly that for all 9 in this case, then consider the 1/512 rate of rare enemies, you are looking to, most likely, at least 11264 Hildes, 198 of which would have to be Hildetorrs. You may consider duping if this is what you want, 9 Syncestas. Because it is highly, highly unlikely you will find even 3, much less 9.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-04-13 22:38 ]</font>

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 12:37 AM
sorry but your still not understanding.
I have three lavis cannons.
lavis 1 will stay the same.
lavis 2 will have a synsesta used on it to become lavis blades.
Lavis 3 will have 2 synsesta's used on it to become Double cannon.

Meaning I want to have all three versions.

thus 3 synsestas.

Blitzkommando
Apr 14, 2004, 12:41 AM
Ugh... Major miscalculations there... Would actually be 33792 total Hilde types, 66 Hildetorrs in total. That is just for 3 Syncestas. Crazy ain't it?

By the way, what ID would you be using for this? Oran I hope. If not, well, if you thought these numbers are bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-04-13 22:42 ]</font>

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 12:44 AM
me?
ummm well I have bluefill, greenill, whitill and pinkal.
can any of them get it?
if so them that one.

Blitzkommando
Apr 14, 2004, 12:50 AM
On 2004-04-13 22:44, Eclair wrote:
me?
can any of them get it?
if so them that one.

Bluefull does not find Syncesta.
Greennill, 1/18333 for three average would be 54999 Crimson Assassins.
Whitill also does not find Syncesta.
Pinkal as well cannot find Syncesta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-04-13 22:51 ]</font>

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 12:51 AM
On 2004-04-13 22:50, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

On 2004-04-13 22:44, Eclair wrote:
me?
can any of them get it?
if so them that one.

Bluefull does not find Syncesta.
Greennill, 1/18333 for three average would be 54999 Crimson Assassins.
Whitill also does not find Syncesta.
Pinkal as well cannot find Syncesta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-04-13 22:51 ]</font>

cool well my grenill is the level 62 char who beat ultimate so I guess I will hunt those damn greedy assassins down.
thanks for the info.