PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Levels

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 5, 2004, 04:54 PM
What are your favorite levels, and what are the levels you dont like?
Explain why you like or dislike the levels if you choose to,try going in order from best to worst.

FAVORITES

1 Forest
(No matter how much i play this level it never gets old, no matter how easy it gets,i still love it, simple maps,beautiful scenery and kool monsters,the most classic level of all PSO,nuff said)

2 Cave
(I cant really explain why i like this level so much,theres just sumtin about it,this is the only enclosed level that i enjoy due to the large number of monsters that come in groups, my favorite action packed level)

3 Central control
(Beautiful scenery draws my attention here, very nice to look at,this is where the game graphics really shine,nice simple maps just like the forest & lots of monsters but they never seem to attack in big groups, their mostly always spread out which is sumtin im not too happy with,i prefer groups)
Too bad Central Control dint get a new look for Ultimate mode kinda like the rest of Episode 1,the game really does need more open levels like Central Control & the forest.

4 Temple (once again beautiful scenery and a mix of monsters from almost every level,the only downfall
of this level is the supid narrow temple rooms with themm lil maze of hallways,i think the level would have been much better off without that, only made the level worse,other than that awsome level)

DISLIKES

1 Ruins
(Im not a big fan of enclosed areas, i prefer to see the light more than darkness,unless im playing a survival horror game,the level isnt that bad,definetly the best level out of the ones i dislike,but its not a level i play very often, only unless im trying to beat the game or find an item i really want.Giant groups of Merlans and Arlans can be lots of fun to fight, but Ruins 2 i absolutely hate and wish it were just taken out completly,On ultimate mode it looks extremly ugly with that new color scheme and its the most confusing area in the game and i really hate dark/death gunners & claws,all annoying enemys.

2 Space Ship
(This level had the potential to be very beautiful but the enclosed areas were its downfall, sure the rooms with the screens that keep changing are awsome,but the giant space room, isnt all that great,i dont care for the space look at all,too dark & depressing. If you ever take the time to look at the scenery outside of the spaceship as you walk through the passage ways from room to room it looks simply amazing,too bad the entire level wasnt wide open in order to see outside of the spaceship,that would be very kool.Another big downfall of this level is Gillchich, i absolutely hate these guys and fidn them incredibly annoying,one of the main reasons i dont play this level too often)

3 Seabed
(Ugly scenery, dark & depressing,other than the giant aquarium room which looks very impressive,the rest is plain & dull. i get no excitment out of this level, Recon's,Morfos & Deldepth are extremly annoying and ruin this level, Atleast Olga Flow kicks ass, the only part of this level i enjoy or look forward too.

4 Mines
(Ugliest scenery in the game,Most annoying enemies i the game (GillChich) No fun at all, i absolutely hate this level with a vengeance. Funny thing is i actually enjoyed this level from Normal- Vhard, but when they changed it to ultimate they ruined the area with them ugly colors, and replaced GillChic with Gillchich,who looks completly retarded,he looked much kooler before and would fall down in one hit,that was fun. My least favorite level on Ultimate Mode, atleast Vol Olp Has the koolest Theme in the game.

Kuea
Apr 5, 2004, 04:57 PM
my favorites are all except for VR levels.
Just because

Cc08
Apr 5, 2004, 05:01 PM
1) Forest: Quick, Easy to memorize, Enemies easy, Quick experience, Some decent drops
2) Ruins: Good XP, Good drops on most IDs, Falz is lots of fun to fight
3) Temple: Used to be my least favorite, but now I love it, Most IDs have good drops here, I see lots of rare enemies here
DISLIKES:
1) CCA: I guess I'm just not used to it, but I don't like it, the enemies seem to be a pain, haven't had any luck with any good drops, XP is slow
2) Caves: I find myself falling asleep playing Caves. While there are alot of good drops here, I just get bored of it really fast.

All the rest of the maps are just so-so. I haven't really played the rest that much.

PhotonDrop
Apr 5, 2004, 05:20 PM
I LOVE to sit in Seaside or Jungle East for as long as possible. Its just so fun! Plain beautiful!

now I absolutely hate Caves, I'd probably get used to it by playing a Disk, but its too slow for me...

Dragon_Ash
Apr 5, 2004, 05:32 PM
umm, i just like ult seabed...probably because it's the only most challenging level for my fonewearl...and any of my characters really, though i think the VR ship is a good place too...nice music http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

oh, and as for dislikes i abhor the ult mines...especialy the gillchich's and dubchich's and their lasers ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-05 15:35 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Apr 5, 2004, 05:35 PM
VR Temple: The Beta area is particularily beautiful(Sunset. *.*), and the music is among my favorite PSO tracks. Most people hate Temple, but I love it. I could stay there for hours.

Gal Da Val: Commonly(And mistakenly. XP) reffered to as Central Control Area. Parts liked are Seaside, Central Control Area and Control Tower. Music is only OK, except for Gal Gryphon who has the dual honors of being the coolest boss to fight in the game and the coolest boss music outside of Falz form three.

Ruins: Music rocks, the monsters are all nice and freakish, and it's creepy as all hell. XD w00t.

Seabed: Good music, beautiful andcreepy scenery, and fish. What more can you ask for? And of course the ever-cute Delbiters and Recons. Only issues are the slowdown in some rooms.

Dislikes:

Caves: Long. Boring. Ugly except for Normal-VHard Caves 2 and some rooms in Ult Caves 3. Worst music in the game. Ugly monsters(Mil/Nar Lily excepted). Meh.

Forest: Yawn. So very yawn. Ult is ugly, too. Just boring. And Bob sucks.

Gal Da Val: Jungle and Mountain irk me. Except for one room in the second area of jungle, they're mostly really dull/ugly. Same meh music as the rest of GDV, high concentrations of really annoying enemies. Feh.

Neutral:

Mines: Normal-VHard Mines is kind of cool. The monsters aren't too bad-looking, Vol Opt has cool music, and the stage music is really cool too. Then you hit Ult, and everything except the music immediately goes to shit. Monsters are ugly AND obnoxious, and Vol Opt Ver.2 can essentially OHKO a L190 HUmar... No. Just... No.

VR Spaceship: I don't actively hate it, I guess. It does look really cool, especially Beta. But everything else is meh. Enemies, music, boss... Eh.

Boothead
Apr 5, 2004, 05:50 PM
Favorites:

Forest- I full heartedly agree with that statement right there. The forest is the PSO classic level, has bueatiful scenery (just today I stopped and looked around in Ult Forest, and ill tell you, its bueatiful)never gets old (80 Forest of Sorrow runs and still not a hint of boredom!)and always keeps you fighting (if it isnt a booma, its a rappy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

Mines- I love this place. Why? Take it from a FOnewm user, this place is not only easy, its very good experince. Nothing gizonde cant take care of!

Control Towers (online)- I love these places. Not only does the thunderstorm make the scenery outside nice, the gloomy emptiness of the towers just is amazing. I also love the nice little makeshift walls and fences you can use to bunker yourself from Gibbles and Ill Gills. Always a good challenge.

Seabed- My absolute favorite area in the game! Why? I absolutely love the music.(When the action music isnt playing, it gives you that feeling that your walking around in a ravaged, abandoned labratory, and in this case, you are) (And the action music just plain kicks ass) It never lets up on the challenges, it even surprises you. (Delbiters and Morfoses in hallways?!) This place ALWAYS keeps you casting that shifta/deband/jellen/zalure, and it always keeps you watching your back, because you never know when something will hit you (mostly its those damn sinows http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif )

Least Favorites

Caves- I just dont like how strenously long it is. And the music makes me very sleepy.

Temple- Im so sick of Temple. I know it by heart. Though it has a hint of creatitivy within it, I dont like the level. Too many searches for a single
button.

The rest are just netural in my book http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Apr 5, 2004, 06:05 PM
Mines - Music = Teh r0xx0rz. Most enemies are quite cool ^.^ The set-up of the stage can get you lsot sometimes ^_^;;;

Ruins - Music = Teh r0xx0rz. D-Celled enemies are cool, what can you say? Hard stage to memorize maps!

VR Spaceship - Music = Teh r0xx0rz. Really cool looking, my only problem is the chocie of enemies. Sinows would have been more fun to fight than Gillchics.

Central Control (It IS Gal De Val, but ST didn't call the stage Gal De Val, now DID they?!!) - Music = Teh r0xx0rz. Enemies are a mix between cute and cool (Aside from teh bugs and monkeys http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ). Boss music rocks!

Dislikes:

Temple - Annoying enemies, ugly, UGLY music, small area. After hunting rares there for months I htink I have 90% of all the rares I could want from there...

Caves - Even worse. Exact enemies aren't as annoying and larger areas. How could the music get WORSE?!!

Hrith
Apr 5, 2004, 06:09 PM
do you mean looking at, playing in, or both ?

Seabed has to be my favourite anyway, Towers, too.

Gal Da Val is awesome (all parts).

I enjoy mines a lot, although it is not much to "look at".

Ult Cave 2 is kinda pretty graphically.

I like the rain in Forest 2.

The Cliffs of Gal Da Val are superb.

Best soundtracks go to Cliffs of Gal Da Val and Test Subject Disposal Area http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Xero_Silvera
Apr 5, 2004, 06:16 PM
#1)Forest (Normal - Ult) Second most calming area in the game. For me, I like the challenge but if the setting isn't right in a game, it completely and utterly ruins all chances in hell to even score in my book at all (take VR spaceship for example..)
Cool monsters (hildes/rappys/boomas;bars;tolls/wolves) It's just an all around enjoyable place to be and fight in.
#2)Gal Da Val Island (normal - Ult)
[includes Jungle, Seaside, Mountainside]
Best scenery in the game, very relaxing, seaside & jungle where there is water is completely mind blowing, almost trancing for myself. I enjoy kickin the s**t outta stuff while tensionless and stress free.
#3)Central Control Area (normal-V.Hard)
[includes the unlocked gate on Gal Da Val, through the traps, over the dam and on the cliffs of Gal Da Val.] The traps are fun to fight through without setting them off, invisible sinow that actually teleport, use high tech weapons (that look oddly like techs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and disarm you! All together with the raging hurricane and lightning in the background [storms are my favorite things in LIFE], along with the coolest boss in the game? if it were larger it would top forest.
#4)Mines (normal - ult) Good drops, mostly fun monsters (gils;dubs get annoying. Sinow/Bara;Garanz/Vol Opt make up for this)EZiest cash in the game, cool scenery in mines #1... (mines 2 look like ass... dirty unwashed hairy retard ass..)
everything else is pretty equal, except spaceship.
#HORRIBLY LAGGING LAST PLACE)VR Spaceship (normal-ult)
Worst possible level ever. There are ONLY three good things out of all three or four trillion things you could say about this s**thole. 1-it has gulgus in ult, and ult only anyways..2-there is a room where it flashes cool pictures (one including a rainy forest)3-The music is alright. everything else: Horrible textures, horrible hallways, stupid pointless switches (similiar to mines) dark rooms (most annoying trap in the Fin game)
I could describe it forever.
sorry to make post so long.. i describe in blunt detail, repeating my self over and over in the same sentence.
-xero

Eihwaz
Apr 5, 2004, 06:20 PM
Forest: Hmm, not too bad, I suppose. Forest 2 is better, thanks to the rain and whatnot. Music is kinda boring, enemies are pretty fun. Sil Bob is okay...

Caves: Gah! X_x; I don't play Caves much, except with my Skyly HUnewearl. The faster she gets some more good stuff, the sooner I can leave. Enemies have funky attack patterns, Megid, ugly, and boring as HELL music. Delly Roll has really good music, though.

Mines: Aah, the Mines. <3 I really like this level. In all difficulties, the Music owns all. The graphics are best in Normal-Vhard, but are okay in Ult. Mines 1 looks nice. Vol Opt? Can be tricky, but awesome music.

Ruins: Not bad. Action Music is pretty nice...otherwise, kinda boring. The level is okay to look at, I suppose. Enemies are annoying. Damn Indi Belras and Gran Sorcerors. -.-; Dark Falz has cool music, especially Part 3.

VR Temple: Okay, I suppose. Megid + random enemies can be annoying...music is meh, level is pretty. Barba Ray is a great boss fight. Awesome music, and looks sweet.

VR Spaceship: Great Visuals and Music. Okay enemies. Boss looks and sounds cool, but is really annoying.

Gal Da Val: Jungle is pretty nice...but I like the second part better. Mountain, meh. Seaside is pretty. Gal Gryphon is a really cool boss...

Seabed: Great looks, and nifty action soundtrack. Challenging enemies. Sinows can be bastards, though. Olga Flow is awesome. The first part in particular.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 5, 2004, 07:48 PM
On 2004-04-05 16:09, Kef wrote:
do you mean looking at, playing in, or both ?

yes both.

I usually find myself playing more in the levels that look great apperance wise.
At the moment i have all the rares that i really want,theres maybe only a few more things that would be nice in my collection but its no big deal, so bsacially i do is play in the areas that i enjoy most, and in the process killing as many as i can with my J sword to unseal it,i dont hunt anymore for rares. unsealing the J sword is the last thing i really want.