PDA

View Full Version : RJ45 Router needed for BBA?

Dragon_Ash
Apr 5, 2004, 05:19 PM
I'd really like to get online...it's been getting to me for quite some time *remembers DC V1 and V2 days*

I'm in the uk, and i have a BBA adaptor and rj45 cable for it...now...i'm not really a genius when it comes to these things, but the cable fits in the gc BBA perfectly...my only problem is that neither my computer modem or phoneline has an ethernet socket that will fir the rj45 cable....

a friend of mine suggested that i get a router, but they cost around 150/300 quid...so that's not really an option since i can't afford one at the moment...he also said that you could connect the BBA modem to the pc and use the computer to play the game...well that's all i know...i'd like some help with this please...and any would be very greatly appreciated...thanks to everyone in advance http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VioletSkye
Apr 5, 2004, 05:47 PM
If your pc has an ethernet port then you can connect your GC to your PC and use ICS (internet connection sharing.) If it doesn't have an ethernet port, then you can purchase one for not very much money. Here in the states I think I paid $9.99 for one to install on a friends pc not long ago.

BTW which version of windows are you running?

Dragon_Ash
Apr 5, 2004, 05:53 PM
no... i don't have an ethernet port on either my pc or modem.... last time i checked...but $9.99 sounds pretty cheep for a pc router

VioletSkye
Apr 5, 2004, 06:05 PM
On 2004-04-05 15:53, Dragon_Ash wrote:
no... i don't have an ethernet port on either my pc or modem.... last time i checked...but $9.99 sounds pretty cheep for a pc router

LOL. The $9.99 was for an ethernet card, not a router. You need buy an ethernet card so that you can share your pc's connection with your GC. Its much cheaper than a router http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rich_T
Apr 6, 2004, 12:46 PM
I'm in the uk, and i have a BBA adaptor and rj45 cable for it
I havent seen BBAs for a long time.

You dont need to spend much money on getting online with a BBA, you can get router modems for around £45

If you suply the foloweing info you can get advice on the cheapest and/or best method to go online.

Your internet service provider (ISP)
Internet service type:
ADSL ( broadband down the phoneline, with microfilters plugged into the phone sockets)
Cable ( Telewest/NTL)
dial up, your p. is plugged into the phone line and makes a sqauwking noise as it connects.