PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Can't seem to find the answer

TatuPreb119
Apr 5, 2004, 10:47 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but I've been looking for the answer of this question.... can you get corrupted on XBOX.. I've FSOD'd several times but just lost my unequiped idems.. If this has been asked before sorry but I can't find the answer..

KingChaos
Apr 6, 2004, 05:54 AM
once while duping my temp char got corrupted

Asia_Skyly
Apr 7, 2004, 07:50 PM
On 2004-04-06 03:54, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

0.o ???????

There are several variants of FSOD on the Xbox. The typical one makes you lose all non-equipped items. However, there have been some reports of people losing everything in their characters, and I mean everything, except for experience.

This type of FSOD makes you lose all items in the bank, all materials taken, all challenge mode information and all techniques learned. The only thing that remains is the experience earned with that character. In other words, you would have a level 150 Humar with nothing but a level.

In addition, the Xbox DVD drive has been known to fail. This is particularly true on the first generation of Xboxes (I am on my second). This too, could be consider corruption, as once your lens dies you characters are "lost". There are ways around this issue, such as replacing your DVD drive yourself, or praying to all that is holy, that when you send you Xbox in for Repairs, the repair person is competent enough to preserve your data. I heard of both cases, so sending your Xbox for repairs at MS seems to be a complete gamble.

TatuPreb119
Apr 8, 2004, 08:19 AM
Could I use a Memory Card to back up my Character Info or weapons.. Can I transfer from the Xbox to a Memory card?

KingChaos
Apr 8, 2004, 08:55 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-04-09 13:30 ]</font>

TatuPreb119
Apr 8, 2004, 09:08 AM
Not Quite what I was asking for but thanks

Eclypse
Apr 9, 2004, 08:23 AM
All you have to do if you wanna save your data is take your Xbox to Best Buy and have them remove the HDD and put it in your new Xbox if you buy another one. I'm on my fourth Xbox because of the bad Samsung drives and I've lost my character data 2 times, but none of it has ever been because of me getting corrupted.

kevlar_pso
Apr 9, 2004, 12:48 PM
You can't find the answer? I have his guild card if you wanna meet him. ha

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 10, 2004, 07:06 PM

Good.

Anyway, as far as I know, you can't get corrupted on Xbox by playing the game normally.