PDA

View Full Version : section ID

Kazlan
Apr 6, 2004, 07:52 AM
does it have anything to do with the cards you get? also what is the difference beteween the different colored packs?

Arislan
Apr 6, 2004, 08:27 AM
Section ID:
Influences the color of your chair in the Online Lobby
Shows on your character
Spins in the ending

That's about it.

Pack colors:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1525

Note that I jsut answered every question by linking to a guide on this site. They will contain the answers to most questions you have, and you would do ell to read them.

pierretomi
Apr 6, 2004, 10:31 AM
i have two charas one clv 84 skyly and the other clv11 redria. and i have noticed that the redria chara is getin a lot of cards much much earlier then the skyly chara for example: red sword i found with skyly really late in game but with redria i got it around clv5. so i think there is some effect of the id on the cards. dont thinks its just a fashion thing!

Arislan
Apr 6, 2004, 12:51 PM
Well, you can think that, and there *is* a possibility that it may be true. However, both Softbank JP guides have stated that Section ID does nothing. Nothing at all, in regards to gaining cards.

What you are experiencing though, is the result of getting a card through a transformation, or luck. At that point, getting more copies of that card raises quite a bit.

I dunno, I could be wrong. But I do place a bit of faith in a Sega approved guide. There hasn't been any other data that hass been wrong from the guide (some of the data has *changed*, but that's online), so I wouldn't see that this would be any different.

ChAu303
Apr 6, 2004, 01:32 PM
It might have an effect i got an E rank at a card lvl of 26 and my section id is whitill and i got a chaos bringer+ OFF AN E rank it might have been luck but an E rank come on

Arislan
Apr 6, 2004, 01:35 PM
Chaos + is SS, not E. E Ranks are gained through game saves and various download quests.

And no, it's not even close to unheard of in the US game. JP game, yeah, that'd be incredible luck, but it seems that 20-30 offline is the time that most get their first S/SS, and normally one of the two C Bringers.

Kazlan
Apr 6, 2004, 03:43 PM
Softbank JP guides. what are they I have never heard of them?

Arislan
Apr 6, 2004, 06:42 PM
Two Softbank guides (Dreamaga's Strategy Guide publishing subsidiary). One is calle dthe "Player's Guide" and is well nigh useless, and the other is the "Complete Guide" with pretty much all the useful information in it. I know Amazon JP has both guides up there, not sure where else you'd be able to order them from.

Kazlan
Apr 6, 2004, 07:15 PM
sounds awesome but I can't read Japanese.

Arislan
Apr 6, 2004, 07:18 PM
Still have plenty of pretty pictures. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And hey, I got my real start in the language with the PSO Ep 2 DC guide. Used a katakana chart to translate the drop rate charts in the back, and through that, learned katakana. It's all snowballed from there.