PDA

View Full Version : so few EP2 games ... why?

Stingray
Apr 9, 2004, 01:09 PM
If you search for a EP2 game on the Xbox they are hard to find... why are they so hard to find I mean they offer a new challenge and you can only get some of the items in EP2 so why are the Ep2 games so few?

And if you have the GC or PC version are they hard to find there too?

Fredrick
Apr 9, 2004, 02:18 PM
Yah on PSO GC there are very few EP2 games. I guess because most people play for the exp and not the fun factor and EP1 is more easy making it more easy to get exp....

I hate how people only play for the exp. Like when they say "*Sigh* well I better get back to TTF". They sound so nerdy, they make it seem like PSO is their life and getting exp is a chore to get done...

ChronoLink
Apr 9, 2004, 02:29 PM
On 2004-04-09 12:18, Fredrick wrote:
Yah on PSO GC there are very few EP2 games. I guess because most people play for the exp and not the fun factor and EP1 is more easy making it more easy to get exp....

but, when there are Ep2 games, they are 4/4 in no time.... 0_o

On 2004-04-09 12:18, Fredrick wrote:
I hate how people only play for the exp. Like when they say "*Sigh* well I better get back to TTF". They sound so nerdy, they make it seem like PSO is their life and getting exp is a chore to get done...

couldn't agree more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

TatuPreb119
Apr 9, 2004, 02:46 PM
Hey Stingray I'll be more than happy to play a few rounds of E2 with you.. I'm Not completely legit i use a few Duped idems but I'm not one that will run into a room and clear it out before anybody else gets in there.. If asked I have no problem using different Weapons or weaker attacks..

Stingray
Apr 9, 2004, 03:48 PM
TatuPreb119 it is not that I'm trying to find Ep2 games I'm just seeing why people don't play them as much... But if you want to play that would be cool. Also if your not legit thats ok... I don't use legit Techs and PDs and PS on my 2 highest characters (my 3rd highest is though). I just don't like Al Rappy/J-Sword/Guld Milla/BKB users that are kill hogs...

But ya if you want to play thats awesome...

TatuPreb119
Apr 9, 2004, 03:53 PM
Thats cool yeah if you see me ethier TatuPreb or a ranger named Nik Nak.

Stingray
Apr 9, 2004, 04:00 PM
I sent you a PM btw, um sorry for getting off subject on my own thread ;p...

ilr2000
Apr 9, 2004, 10:56 PM
If your not shy about hosting games, then every game could be an epII game. Like ChronoLink said, they fill up fast. Even if your the only game in the list that's ep II, it wont feel that way from your perspective.

Cheep
Apr 9, 2004, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure why people don't play eps2. I usualy make eps2 teams. I like it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I adopted my brothers fonewm(he was neglected...) today,and all I've played on him is 2. Weird luck... I heard 2 is exp poor,so maybe thats it,that or the del biters! >.<

Jae
Apr 10, 2004, 12:22 AM
Episode 2 is just more annoying to get through than Episode 1. With things like Ul Gibbons shocking you into oblivion, various Sinows being able to punch away about 3/4 of the average player's health and Deldepths tag teaming to freeze/Megid you to death, I can see why more people play Episode 1 more. Well there's that and you do get less exp in Episode 2 for the effort.

That said, I love Episode 2. I'm one of those people who quickly jumps into an Episode 2 game when I see one being hosted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LoreSeeker
Apr 10, 2004, 12:27 AM
People don't play Episode 2 because it's harder.

I remember one of my friends would always make CCA/Seabed games for us to play, and those would fill up in no time at all. There are Ep2 fans out there, they just don't like making games. I think that the reason they're so shy about making games is because they haven't bothered beating it offline solo, so they would have to get through the annoying VR parts to get to the real fun.

Jae
Apr 10, 2004, 03:02 AM
That's probably true, LoreSeeker. One of my friends that I played with a lot last year that didn't even have Spaceship unlocked.

And yes it is harder. You really need to be mid-high level with good equipment to do well in Ult Ep2. My 141 HUnewearl struggles through Seabed, whereas my 171 RAmarl just strolls through like it's nobody's business.

Ep2 is still a great way to break the boredom though. TTF and Forest-Ruins gets pretty repetitive after a while.

Cheep
Apr 10, 2004, 04:41 AM
I've unlocked all my areas,and I didn't really want to play on my own team before I did... Now when someone makes an eps2 team they have some areas unlocked,or atleast the ones I played with.

Noone
Apr 10, 2004, 06:24 AM
i'm not online, but i kinda have the same opinion about ep2 in general. I don't like the slowness and the cluttered gameplay it forces on my force because he can't kill as fast, and i can only play it now if i use a combination of fighter and force... and so since their resistance is so high, its annoying. I would play it if my humar got more powerful.

Fredrick
Apr 10, 2004, 07:27 AM
I love EP2, I think all the areas are good and are way more fun then any of the ep1 areas (but not forest n-vh). Seabed I think it a bit too hard but its very diff from any other place plus it looks nice. Dont forget the awsomely awsome olga flow @_@

Zelendria_Ru
Apr 10, 2004, 09:00 PM
I simply hate how EP1 is just a bunch of boring interconnected boxes...it's so DRAB! EP2 is so alive, with the running water and background wildlife, plants, etc. Admittedly though, exp is faster in EP1...they could easily cure this by adding some good quests for central control etc...

east and west tower are so tough for a solo 105 hunter though...=

I would play temple all the time, but you can't do it solo usually...then again, there is the new Blue Star Memories quest...I plan on doing that alot this weekend...after I get my lavis cannon that is =)