PDA

View Full Version : Im sorry if this has been said before

TatuPreb119
Apr 9, 2004, 06:19 PM
Just a simple question... Can you transfer info from one Xbox to another as far as saved games.. My brothers xbox is on the blink and he about to buy a new one and doesn't want to lose all of his saved data.. Sorry again if this is in the wrong forum or if its been said before...

Sef
Apr 9, 2004, 08:28 PM
You know, I thought there was a way. But it involved some fancy hardware/software(?) for your computer...I can't really remember.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2004-04-09 18:28 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Apr 9, 2004, 10:25 PM
As far as the save files (ur chars and levels completed)... no.

You're items can be salvaged, by transferring with a character via memory card to another xbox (given the other xbox has pso already on it).

As far as the whole save file, I would only imagine that it MAY (big MAYbe) be done by certain modificationis. But I won't go into that too much, as I would think such talk is forbidden in our forums. Besides, if it was true, I wouldn't know bout it.

TatuPreb119
Apr 10, 2004, 08:14 AM
Its not so much PSO since he doesn't have the game but its all of his other games he has on there.. I seen somewhere that you might be able to take it to Best Buy to have the Xbox worked on! is that right?

Scales_of_Air
Apr 13, 2004, 05:45 PM
Well, I don't know about Xbox, but maybe this can help anyway. For GC, if one has a 64m memory card, he/she can make a back up of the data on the computer because that memory card can be hooked up to the computer. First, one needs to put the PSO data on that memory card, hook it to the computer and save it somewhere, like a disc or on the hardrive. If that data is erased, simply hook up the memory card to the computer and retrieve the data. If there's something like that for the Xbox, i'm not sure. Hope this helps.

Scales_of_Air
Apr 13, 2004, 05:47 PM
Oh, crap... I just realized - Xbox doesn't use meory cards, does it.... Sorry, my mistake.

echo-2003
Apr 13, 2004, 06:08 PM
On 2004-04-13 15:47, Scales_of_Air wrote:
Oh, crap... I just realized - Xbox doesn't use meory cards, does it.... Sorry, my mistake.

No you were right the first time. Xbox does have memory cards availible, it's just aside from the odd transfer there is not too much use for them.