PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: O. P. S. S. (Graphic)

RubyEclipse
Apr 9, 2004, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone! For all of you who have played Episode 3 and heard refences to the incident "O.P.S.S.", I present you a story that will fill you in on just what happened.

The story may look long, but in truth it is actually somewhat short. So if you have a spare 5-10 minutes, I encourage you to read it!

I have kept the story as close to the true storyline as possible, but..

WARNING: This fanfic is graphic and does contain a bit of blood and death. If you have a weak stomach, do not continue reading!

Well, without further adou, I present:

O.P.S.S.

Their screams filled the forest as they ran. The stragglers in the back were no match for me, and I killed them all cruelly, and yet with ease.

Around the Central Dome the trees were ablaze in flames. The blood red evening sky and the billowing black smoke complimented the deep red puddles of blood on the ground.

----

Back then, I didn't think for myself. I did what I was programmed to do...

... and I was programmed to kill.

---

SLICE!

The RAcaseal's head fell off of it's body and onto the ground, where the body collapsed as well.

A HUmar in yellow ran at me, but my Partisan of Lightning easily overpowerd his sword. I spun it clockwise, hitting the blade out of his hand.

As he turned to grab it, I impaled him through his back- the yellow photon blade jutting out of his chest. He screamed in pain, and I drew the blade out, leaving a pierce mark directly through his body.

He fell to his knees, still screaming, and I quickly spun my twin partisan horizontally, beheading him.

His severed body lay in an ever growing pool of crimson blood, as did his face, his eyes still open in terror, a few feet away.

I looked around for another targer, and soon found one: A RAcast standing nearby. He was dark green, and I shot up to him silently, stabbing the blade through his energy box before he had time to realize I was there.

He fell back with a crash into the brush, and was immediatly silent.

Up closer to the central dome I saw a FOnewearl in purple, crying over the dead body of a human I had killed earlier.

The wind picked up, sending embers and sparks flowing through the air. They flew in front of me as I slowly walked up to the FOnewearl.

She saw me, and yelled, "Help!!! Please!!! He's dying!! We have to get him to safety!"

I walked up next to her and looked down.

The human looked to be a HUmar with blonde hair. There was a wound in his stomach, but I could see he was still breathing weakly.

She looked at me again.

"Please, help me get him to pioneer 2!"

.. I drew my blade into the air...

..and stabbed it into the HUmars chest, puncturing his heart.

He gasped, and the FOnewearl screamed as the HUmar died in a bloody mess on the ground. She backed up slowly, tears streaming down her face, until she hit the cold, hard wall of the central dome.

She had nowhere to go.

"NO!" She yelled, extending her arm to cast a shot of foie at me.

But she was far too slow.

I spun the Partisan of Lightning around quickly, totally dismembering her arm from the elbow down. She screamed in agony.

I stepped forward and attacked again, slicing her other arm off at the shoulder. It fell to the ground with a thud, it's fingers stretching and clenching irradically, over and over. She was screaming almost nonstop now, so I stabbed the blade into her stomach, rotated, and withdrew slowly.

Blood poured out of the gash, as well as her intestines, caught on my blade. She choked, gagged, and still screamed at the same time.

I spun the blade up, ripping out her intestines entirely, and walked away slowly as she continued screaming in helplessness. She would die slowly, and painfully.

---

It is amazing how vivid these memories are to me.. yet I suppose we humanoids never forget.

... Humanoids. Yes... that's why the entire incident was sparked, actually...

Long ago we humanoids were known as Androids. It was this way for some time until one day, a group of androids felt the term was discriminating, biased, and totally untrue.

They argued that Androids are built in the same design as humans, that androids think- just like humans-, and that Androids are thus just as much "Human" as any HUnewearl or FOnewearl.

Many humans agreed, saying that a change was needed. The people supporting decided on a name: Humanoids. After all, we were almost just as much "Human" as our creators!

... In truth, almost everyone was for the change.

However, there were some- mainly key officials within the government, that opposed the idea. Even if everyone on pioneer 2 was for it, their vote was the one that counted.

Surprisingly, Principal Tyrell supported the idea. Rumor has it that his support is what got him ousted of his position, but that, as I said, is just a rumor.

But the government as a whole refused to change the term.

Again and again the people tried, but each time they lost the battle.

Finally, it was decided that the only way to achieve their goals was by force.

---

14 Years after the explosion on Ragol, hundreds, if not thousands, of Androids, Humans, and Newmans blockaded the Central Dome and the immeidate Area around it.

They protested this "Division of all people: Flesh or robot", and supported a more unified pioneer 2.

----

An explosion in the trees nearby sent a huge block of flaming wall into the ground nearby. A shower of small rocks fell from the sky soon afterward, and I heard another scream.

----

There were 5 of us that I knew of.

In truth, all I remember were the government officials programming my thoughts and feelings... at least.. they told us they worked for the government.. and I also remember the mission details.

"Each of you will be sent to the Forest to stop a revolt against the government! You must kill anyone you see! Your mission is not over until every last person is dead."

Two HUcasts, One Racseal, One RAcast, and Me.

Reiz, a HUcaseal.

"Operation Pioneer Safety & Security" I believe was the name of the mission. Hence, "O.P.S.S.". Yet as far as this goes, I am not sure if my memory serves me correctly..

I think that they chose androids because they could never get humans to commit such a bloodbath... to murder in the same fashion that we murdered... cruelly.. painfully... heartlessly..

Ironic, Indeed, is the fact that Androids killed Androids-- over a name change.

How cruel it truly was to use our own fellow humanoids to mercilessy slaughter hundreds, thousands..

---

The RAcaseal who had been sent with us was directly outside the central dome, holding her rifle keenly. On either side of her were HUcasts, both in black, and a young, handsome HUmar with brown hair stood behind her.

The HUmar was holding a saber in one hand, and he yelled to the RAcaseal: "What do you want!? Leave this place, or you WILL die!"

The Racaseal did not speak, and suddenly fired three bullets, two hitting each HUcast with such force that it beheaded them, but the third was blocked by the HUmar with his arm. It struck his barrier, and fell to the ground.

As I started moving in to help her kill the HUmar, two FOmarls and a RAmar warped in behind me.

The blast of Foie missed me by less than an inch, and I spun around, sprung forward, and stabbed the FOmarl upwards through the stomach, pushing her into the air with my other hand.

I withdrew quickly and let go, and she grouned as she hit the floor.

As the blood spilled out onto the tiles, I evaluated my situation.

I could hear the human fighting still-- odd, she should have killed him by now...

A Fomarl in red was to my left, and the RAmar to my right kept the barrell of his Inferno Bazooka aimed at me.

They closed in,and the tension slowly grew higher.

Time seemed to slow down, and I looked at the FOmarl, then back at the RAmar.

--THUNK!-- The large missile boomed out of the Inferno Bazooka, and I dove foward into a roll, the missile narrowily scraping my back.

The FOmarl's eyes grew wide in these split seconds, as she saw the missile coming at her.

BOOM!

The explosion sent her flying into a wall of the central dome, crumbling the tattered walls.

She moaned, and looked up just in time to see a huge slab of the stone roof collapse on top of her.

I sprung up, locked on to my target, and charged forward. The RAmar fired a few shots as I ran, but the fear inside threw him his aim far off.

At close range I ran up to him, stepped with one foot onto his gun, and jumped upwards into the air.

His head and my feet hit the ground at the same moment.

I stood still for a second, looking at the raging fires burning in the forest, the black clouds of smoke billowing everywhere...

My sensors went crazy, and I threw myself to the left!

BZZT!

A photon weapon skimmed my right arm as I tumbled, and as I turned around, my eyes beheld the RAcaseal, split in two on the floor nearby.

The human had beaten her. I gazed at him again quickly.

Brown hair, brown eyes. He was in his mid-20's by his look, and he wore red armor, wielding only a saber.

I spun my partisan of lighting defensively.

"Now you will die, boy." I said-- in a voice that was not my own.

He was sweating and breathing heavily, but he replied:

"I once knew a man who told me that dying for what you believe in is the best way to die! He proved that to me through his own life... But are you truly doing something that you believe in?!"

Another explosion rippled through the forest.

I couldn't reply. Something was overpowering my actions, my thoughts, and my emotions. And I couldn't stop it.

I charged him, spinning the twin Partisan at a lightning-fast speed.

Amazingly, he timed his saber perfectly, and shot it forward and down, countering the spin of my blade, and just as quickly he attacked upwards..

My grip had already swapped-- but the second attack threw the partisan of lighting out of my hands. The blades disengaged as the handle hit the floor.

His face was still grim as he looked at me.

"Surrender, and I will spare your life.", he said.

We locked eyes.

Sparks erupted as a volley of bullets ricocheted off of the central dome wall near him. He rolled onto the ground and turned to face a RAcast wielding a pair of Yasminkov machine guns.

I recognized the RAcast as one of the members of my team.

"Reiz, get out of here.", he said. "I will kill the human."

I nodded, and dove forward, grabbing the Partisan of Lightning.

It engaged again and I ran as fast as I could to the edge of the central dome, where I leapt into the air..

--THUD!--

My feet hit the soft soil, and I ducked in and out of burning foliage until I heard two people talking.

"You're the one that is responsible for this! I will not let you escape!"

"Boy, what do you think you can do to stop me? You look to be about 15, you runt! I will kill you now and get this over with.."

I carefully stepped out of the brush and saw, a good ten feet away, a young boy, in his teens.

He was wearing green HUmar armor and he had blonde hair that just reached his neck.

Standing in front of him was a man who looked familiar to me. I couldn't see his face clearly, but his voice..

... That voice.... how did I know...

!!!!!!

It was him!!

He was one of the men that was there when they programmed me.

Was he on my side? Or was he an enemy as well?

Something started malfunctioning in the programming.

I saw the boy charge him, and I saw him pull out a pair of mechguns and fire.

The boy used a style of sword-fighting I had never seen before. Quickly and easily, he used his brionac to deflect each bullet that came his way.

He reached the man and knocked him against the side of his face with a hard blow, sending the man sprawling onto the floor.

The boy was amazing.

"The name's Orland." He told the man on the ground. "And you're under arrest for the murder of hundreds of androids, humans, and newmans alike."

The boy kicked him hard in the gut, and stood silently, looking down at him.

Something in my programming went crazy, and I lost balance, collapsing backwards onto a hill.

I rolled down it, my chassis taking damage as I slammed into tree and rock on the steep hill.

Finally I slammed into the ground, all of my sensors going haywire.

"ALERT! ALERT! RIGHT ARM DAMAGED! LEFT ARM DAMAGED! BODY CHASSIS DAMAGED!.."

The programming suddenly turned off.

I stood up, not knowing if I had just woken from a dream, and I saw only one thing in front of me.

There, sitting on the ground, was a Blue RAcast.

The program turned back on.

"KILL. KILL. KILL."

The command echoed over and over. I was powerless.

I walked up to him slowly, and prepared to slaughter him as I had so many others.

"KILL. KILL. KILL."

I drew the Partisan of Lightning into the air.

"KILL. KILL. KILL."

And stabbed forward.

"KILL. KILL. KILL."

But as I did so something caught my eye, and the blade stopped as it hit the RAcast.

Body parts. He was holding the decapitated body parts of humans and androids alike in his hands.

And he was crying.

My programming went crazy again.

"KILL... KILL... ERROR.. ERROR... MALFUNTION.."

He was bawling there on the ground-- the greatest showing of emotion I had ever seen from any android.

A single thought crossed my head.

He was the only one left of all of his friends and family. And he was holding their remains in his hands.

"ERROR!! ERROR!! ERROR!!"

Something deep inside of me took over, and the program was terminated.

I dropped the Partisan of Lightning, and clutched my face with my hands.

"AARGH!!" I screamed, and I staggered crazily as the program was deleted from my system.

The RAcast was hurt, and I fell to the ground.

My eyes beheld the black clouds of smoke in the sky as I lay on my back, and the last thing I remember hearing was the RAcast as he said something to me.

I couldn't make it out, and I glimpsed the bright shining stars as the internal error flashed within my vision.

"WARNING! INTERNAL ERROR! ALL SYSTEMS SHUTTING DOWN. ALL SYSTEMS SHUTTING DOWN.."

Everything went black.

--------------------

I awoke the next morning, to my surprise, and found a man standing next to me.

I got up slowly.

"You were lucky I was here.." he said. His voice sounded old and wise.

"You... saved me?"

"I repaired you. I'm an android repairman. I also repaired your friend there." He pointed to the RAcast.

"I... I.... " I couldn't think of anything to say. He had saved both our lives, without asking anything in return.

I looked at the forest, and beheld a horrible scene.

There were emergency hovercars everywhere, and the forest was black with ash and destruction.

Then the memories returned.

I grasped my head again, screaming, as the memories of me killing and slaughtering flashed back.

"What's wrong!?" he asked, grabbing me by the shoulders.

"I.... I...

I want you to do one thing for me.", I told him.

"What is that?"

"I want you.....

.. to erase my memories."

---------------

That day the young boy Orland was given a hero's welcome by the people of Pioneer 2 for Arresting Han Walt, the main organizer of O.P.S.S.

I found out later that I was not hired by the government, but by a group of extremists against the government. They had key players within it as well, but decided to take matters into their own hands.

They worked hard on a program that was used on me and the other 4 androids.

They lied to us.

They decieved us.

And Orland the HUmar became a legendary hero on that day.

..Just what he always wanted to be. Han Walt would spend the rest of his life in prison.

For a long, long time my memories remained sealed away, and I didn't know why, but I stayed with that RAcast... his name is Ohgun, until finally one day..

... I remembered.

And now you know.

You know my story, and you know the truth behind the incident Classified as "O. P. S. S."

But you see...

I no longer care for these memories of the past.

All of my actions I regret, but I could not help them. I was under control of someone else.

Yet now I am free, and I have realized..

That if we wish to change our future, we must do so..

... One step, at a time.

--- THE END ---

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2004-04-10 09:32 ]</font>

Robo47
Apr 9, 2004, 11:31 PM
Graphic? Haha!
I'm sorry, its just that I can picture more horribl e ways to die, and me reading Republica Insa, just made me used to this.

But that was interesting... I didn't know Humans and Newmans were also killed during OPSS, sure I knew some were killed, but purposely?

RubyEclipse
Apr 10, 2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the reply robo!

Naturally there are far worse ways to go, but as some parts of it did hit the PG-13 mark, I figured it best to warn people in advance.

Yes, Newmans, Humans, and Androids alike were all killed during the incident.

Once again, thanks for the reply!

--Ruby Eclipse

Garanz2
Apr 11, 2004, 04:31 AM
:nod:

Very nice Ruby.

Hikara
Apr 11, 2004, 12:07 PM
*whistles*

Very nice. My stomach did churn for a moment, but nothin' happened. Well done!

Skett
Apr 11, 2004, 12:46 PM
Graphic? Well, compared to many other stories here, this one was more graphic. I disliked the violence but you were obviously trying to show how horrible that event really was. Good read.

Nisshoku
Apr 11, 2004, 09:12 PM
I personally love your representation of one of Pioneer 2's greatest events between Ep.2 and Ep.3. Keep up the awesome work.

Sunblast
Apr 12, 2004, 05:23 AM
I think it was very good, but I still wonder about a few things.
It sounded to me like this was taking place on board Pioneer 2. If memory serves me (which it doesn't), androids were being lined up and shot because everyone was freaking out about how there wouldn't be enough space for everyone. I believe androids were destroyed to make room, and that the new name, Humanoids, was given so that people would not soon forget that androids are their equals.
Does any of this sound accurate, or am I ranting again? Either way, the story was still really good, and it explained Ohgun's attitude quite well. Nice work!

RubyEclipse
Apr 12, 2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

In response to sunblast's questions:

"It sounded to me like this was taking place on board Pioneer 2. If memory serves me (which it doesn't), androids were being lined up and shot because everyone was freaking out about how there wouldn't be enough space for everyone."

Well, I can see why you think this, but O.P.S.S. clearly happened in the forest. This evidence is shown by talking to Reiz over and over in the Arkz storyline in Episode 3. She mentions "The flames in the trees, and the screams", or something along those lines. Thus, the incident had to have taken place in the forest.

"I believe androids were destroyed to make room, and that the new name, Humanoids, was given so that people would not soon forget that androids are their equals."

Again, the assumption sounds good, but I don't think this is actually the case. The true reason androids are now called humanoids is very rarely mentioned, but the facts do seem to point in the direction that some felt it was a term that segregated pioneer 2.

Also, we know that Androids were the largest group of "protestors" in the incident-- After all, when African Americans fought for de-segregation, there were more African Americans than white caucasians protesting, in most cases. The same holds true with O.P.S.S.

Well, hope I didn't bore you too much there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If there is anything else about O.P.S.S. you guys are curious about, feel free to ask it! Hopefully I can give you an answer.

Thanks again for the all the comments!

--Ruby Eclipse

Sunblast
Apr 13, 2004, 05:14 AM
Well, that definately clars some stuff up. Thanks for the info! I swear, this is SO the last time I get my stories from idiots like Teifu. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Ok, just yesterday, I got to the part you were talking about. I played through the quest (Got an S-Rank, too!), and I obtained much more info. All the pieces fit together with your story. Sorry to seem a little contradictory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sunblast on 2004-04-15 12:31 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Apr 13, 2004, 06:34 PM
That was fantastic, loved it!
Keep up the great work! ^_^