View Full Version : Red Saber or Angry Fist?

Eihwaz
Apr 10, 2004, 03:15 AM
My FOmar has been using a fully ground Red Saber as his primary melee weapon for quite some time. He almost has enough ATP to use Angry Fist, and since many rave about how useful the Angry Fist is on a FOmar, I did some research.

A fully ground Angry Fist has 15 more ATP, and 11 more ATA than a Red Saber (neither have Hit). The Angry Fist also adds 10 DFP, and allows for faster tech-casting.

Red Saber has a much more usable special, a bit faster (I think), and looks cooler.

Which do you think is more useful? Personally, I'm thinking of going with Red Saber, just for the looks and it's faster attacking speed.

_Ted_
Apr 10, 2004, 03:29 AM
I've never had a red saber, but I'm quite familiar with Angry Fist because Rappys are always dropping them for me. I would think that the Red Saber would also have more range than the Angry fist, its fun punching and kicking monsters though.The Red Saber would probably be more useful. but you could always just carry both around with you and switch off whenever you feel like it.

Eihwaz
Apr 10, 2004, 03:33 AM
On 2004-04-10 01:29, _Ted_ wrote:
I've never had a red saber, but I'm quite familiar with Angry Fist because Rappys are always dropping them for me. I would think that the Red Saber would also have more range than the Angry fist, its fun punching and kicking monsters though.The Red Saber would probably be more useful. but you could always just carry both around with you and switch off whenever you feel like it.

Hmm, true. Of course, once I get Twin Chakram, well, there will be no need for either of them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But until then...I suppose I can switch between them to see which I prefer...

Sharkyland
Apr 10, 2004, 04:39 AM
Red Saber. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cheep
Apr 10, 2004, 04:46 AM
I have trouble getting close enough for fists,that'd be especially hard with a fo. I dunno though. I suppose it might depend on your fighting style. Both my forces are meelee. Speaking of that orcrist looks so nice with his new chuchu http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sharkyland
Apr 10, 2004, 05:01 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with Cheep here. Sabers have a good reach for me. Whenever I play my HUnewearl in challenge mode, I use the tip of the blade to attack them and then make a hasty retreat. It's nice when your fighting 5 sharks or 5 dimenians all on your own.

Noone
Apr 10, 2004, 06:31 AM
i would go with the red saber, i tried using the angry fist, but it was like a novelty weapon compared to the mech guns or holy ray i use for my fomar. The animation is slow even with god/battle equiped i would keep the saber.

Hrith
Apr 10, 2004, 08:28 AM
on a FOmar, I'd say Angry Fist, definitely, better ATP, better ATA, if you play FiY in IDs like Viridia, you can easily find one with good%, even hit%, the FOmar unarmed animation is cool and easy to use, it also speeds up your casting time (unarmed animation).

Zero999
Apr 10, 2004, 09:27 AM
red saber

SolRiver
Apr 10, 2004, 09:57 AM
i say angry fist, if u just use the first 2 combo u are completely fine... a long steady run is better than a quick short one.

but then again... hit % mech > angry fist/red saber

Genoa
Apr 10, 2004, 10:14 AM
Hard choice, infact with my FOmar I brought both of those weapons around. You don't have to be as close to use Red Saber compared to Angry Fist. Red Saber's special is really good (Gush if i'm not mistaken). Whatever is cooler to you. (don't go by statistics... that's no fun!)

Eihwaz
Apr 10, 2004, 12:57 PM
Also, it seems that Angry Fist has a bigger Shifta boost...

I think for now, I'll stick with Red Saber. Looks, better range, and better special. Twin Chakram will retire my RS, most likely.

AndyMaxx
Apr 10, 2004, 01:22 PM
I have both and I use the Red Saber. It has better range and special attack. It can take HP from the enemy. I would choose the Red Saber.

lain2k3
Apr 10, 2004, 01:28 PM
On 2004-04-10 10:57, Eihwaz wrote:
Also, it seems that Angry Fist has a bigger Shifta boost...

I think for now, I'll stick with Red Saber. Looks, better range, and better special. Twin Chakram will retire my RS, most likely.

You better be sure as hell that chakram will have at least 25 hit%.

Hrith
Apr 10, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-04-10 11:22, AndyMaxx wrote:
I have both and I use the Red Saber. It has better range and special attack. It can take HP from the enemy. I would choose the Red Saber.
You use Gush on a character that has Lv30 Resta ?

Last I checked, FOmar has the worst ATA possible, so Angry Fist is a good option.

Eihwaz
Apr 10, 2004, 01:45 PM
On 2004-04-10 11:30, Kef wrote:
You use Gush on a character that has Lv30 Resta ?

Last I checked, FOmar has the worst ATA possible, so Angry Fist is a good option.

Arc doesn't have his Resta that high yet, but I get what you're saying. Still, Gush is more useful than Blizzard. I could use it on enemies with really high Defense that I couldn't hurt, even with S/Z.

Yes, FOmars have shitty ATA. Arc's is 161, and only has 2 more ATA to get. Provided I do a Weak-Hard-Hard or Weak-Hard Combo, I don't miss at all.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 10, 2004, 02:10 PM
On 2004-04-10 01:15, Eihwaz wrote:
My FOmar has been using a fully ground Red Saber as his primary melee weapon for quite some time. He almost has enough ATP to use Angry Fist, and since many rave about how useful the Angry Fist is on a FOmar, I did some research.

A fully ground Angry Fist has 15 more ATP, and 11 more ATA than a Red Saber (neither have Hit). The Angry Fist also adds 10 DFP, and allows for faster tech-casting.

Red Saber has a much more usable special, a bit faster (I think), and looks cooler.

Which do you think is more useful? Personally, I'm thinking of going with Red Saber, just for the looks and it's faster attacking speed.

Dont forget it also has much greater range, i cant stand using fist weapons,too short or range and the combo is damn slow. Go with Red Saber, big deal 15 ATP wont make a big difference on the game,and 10 extra defence is nothing.,this is my oppinion.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 10, 2004, 02:36 PM
well, i'd say angry fist.. especially if it has more ata, though as Nineteen said, the 15 atp won't make any noticable difference, and the 10 dfp won't either since it's kind of irrelivent in very hard and ult mode...

but if you ever find a red saber with hit %, it's the way to go in my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hrith
Apr 10, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-04-10 11:45, Eihwaz wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-04-10 11:30, Kef wrote:Still, Gush is more useful than Blizzard. I could use it on enemies with really high Defense that I couldn't hurt, even with S/Z.
That when you use techs ? you're a FOmar, not a FOcast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 10, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-04-10 16:00, Kef wrote:
That when you use techs ? you're a FOmar, not a FOcast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

True, but with my melee FOmar, I try to stick to just melee and support techs...and the occasional Foie to rid myself of a Rappy.