PDA

View Full Version : I can finally lay this game to rest!!

Spliffman
Apr 10, 2004, 04:23 AM
Yes, that's right, after playing pso since day one of the first online pso on dreamcast, I can finally lay it to rest. I've been a little bored of playing for the last 6 months or so, but I just HAD to find a 12 star weapon before I quit.

A few weeks ago we found a Psycho Wand online, but that didn't count because I have never played as a force. But yesterday, I played for 3 hours offline, and found possibly the rarest sword in the game, and definitely the rarest gun in the game. 2 12 star rares within an hour of each other.

Now I have beaten that long awaited urge to find what so many others haven't, I can finally lay the game to collect dust. It's been a great game to play over the years, I've had many great games online with so many different people, and I hope there is a new pso soon to make me pick up another online game.

I find it amazing that this game captivated me for so long, when I think about it it really was the treasure hunt aspect that kept me hooked. I got nol'd on dc a few times, but still kept coming back. I even lost a level 159 character on gc to fsodx, but I still came back.

I don't really know why I'm putting this here, I guess I fell I owe something to the pso community, my characters will be having a funeral on the last day of my hunters license, I've always been legit and have tonnes of good items to give away.

Thanks for all the good games psoers

peace

Cheep
Apr 10, 2004, 04:38 AM
Thats great! Its good,but I always feel kind of sad after beating a game or something. You feel good about getting done,but you want more... Kind of sad when things come to an end.
I don't know why I play pso so much either. Does anyone? It maybe a mental condition,or there's nicotine on the disc >.> <.< >.> Any way may I atend your funeral? I like lobby functions.

Kuea
Apr 10, 2004, 05:22 AM
well unless I missed it what were the weapons?

Noone
Apr 10, 2004, 06:18 AM
yeah, what were those weapons that have an impossibly low probability of finding just one seeing as they are twelve stars, but much less two within a hour?

Cheep
Apr 10, 2004, 06:25 AM
Well you 2 were insinsitive... What are your other acomplishments? Just wondering. Did you get to 200? Thats what I want to do for sure. I wonder,will you ever come back and play pso again?

Noone
Apr 10, 2004, 06:27 AM
i'm sorry i don't mean to be insensitive, but i'm a little jaded since i have never found a twelve star rare and this guy says he has on three occasions, it just miffs me. The highest thing i found was a lavis cannon.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 10, 2004, 07:09 AM
well, that's some achievement.. i hope to find what i'm looking for too so i can put this game to rest.. and i'm guessing the rare sword was either a sealed-J or Tsuki-J? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ShadowsMinion
Apr 10, 2004, 10:14 AM
Tsuki-J *Drools Uncontrolably* MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hehe, Yeah I will feel a bit sad when I finnaly lay this game to rest.

Fredrick
Apr 10, 2004, 10:19 AM
I wont put this game to rest untill there is no more online...

wow thats gona suck so bad. Hopefully I can replace it with a newer equally fun game B4 that happens... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

KingChaos
Apr 10, 2004, 02:20 PM
On 2004-04-10 05:09, Dragon_Ash wrote:
well, that's some achievement.. i hope to find what i'm looking for too so i can put this game to rest.. and i'm guessing the rare sword was either a sealed-J or Tsuki-J? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

its impossible to find t-j sword

Kuea
Apr 10, 2004, 02:21 PM
On 2004-04-10 12:20, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

On 2004-04-10 05:09, Dragon_Ash wrote:

its impossible to find t-j sword

I was gonna say that meanie

Dragon_Ash
Apr 10, 2004, 02:56 PM
well.. it's also impossible to find a madam's parasol from gibbles.. as it's the only enemy that drops it... but it depends on how bad you want a Tsuki-J...

i've made 3 skyly ID's for it... and maybe oneday it'll drop.. and all those seaside runs would have paid off bigtime XD

Fredrick
Apr 10, 2004, 02:58 PM
it's also impossible to find a madam's parasol from gibbles

what, why?... confused:

Dragon_Ash
Apr 10, 2004, 03:04 PM
why?, because it has the same drop rate as the sealed-j, and it's even more annoying (to me anyway) to do lots of montain runs for it...

TatuPreb119
Apr 10, 2004, 03:07 PM
not impossible but just extremly tough... and there's only one Gibbles..

Dragon_Ash
Apr 10, 2004, 03:11 PM
the same with gi-gue.. but i think the reward of getting a sealed-J is far greater than getting a madam's parasol... unless i was going to use it for my melee ramarl.. even then, the madam's umbrella is just as powerful http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Apr 10, 2004, 03:54 PM
There's only 2 findable 12 star weapons: Psycho Wand and Heaven Punisher. All of the other 12 star weapons are either converted into that form or are made from 2 other items.

Spliffman
Apr 11, 2004, 03:12 AM
thanks for the kind words everybody, and no, I never reached 200. Over the years I got about 5 characters to over level 170, but never had the patience to see any past level 175 lol. I always seemed to get bored of the character class and start a new one.

Sounomi, upon looking I have realised you are right, the gun is 12 star but the sword is 11. I found them both in episode 2 with skyly, but the sword is not the sealed j sword. Any more guesses?

My funeral will be in 2 days, I'll post here where it will be. If anyone wants anything in particular write it here, and if I have it we can sort something out. If lain2k3 reads this, you are welcome to my hell vulcans (0/0/0/10/85), for the pain of doing som many fos runs for that luminous, when I got mine after 5 lol.

peace

SJ
Apr 11, 2004, 03:15 AM
il just assume its lavis or agito 1975.

Spliffman
Apr 11, 2004, 03:22 AM
yes, you are correct, the sword was the agito 75 from a hidoom in the spaceship. Funnily enough, I found some eggparts in the next room too lol. My last day on pso was a lucky one.

peace

SJ
Apr 11, 2004, 03:25 AM
so ummmm you givin away rares ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif