PDA

View Full Version : Spam

TatuPreb119
Apr 10, 2004, 12:20 PM
Okay, is there any reason for spaming? there is not point to sit there with your pop up bubbles saying the same thing for hours or even days.. this has got to be the most annoying people online.. I don't care about dupers or hackers.. but people who sit there with their mics on ethier just breathing into them heavily or little kids cussing just because they can... the mics I can turn off which is what I do most times but when you can't even see anywher in the lobby because of people putting up symbols or websites... that just plain gets under my skin...

ERS
Apr 10, 2004, 01:52 PM
That's why Xbox has voice ban.

_Ted_
Apr 10, 2004, 02:08 PM
PSO just plain needs an option to ban any and all messages from a user.

Noone
Apr 11, 2004, 05:18 PM
is it that bad? I've never been online. It gets to the point that you can't even see the lobby? thats not right with those small bubbles.

Sharkyland
Apr 11, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah, those symbols are annoying, and people are just wasting their time (and if they're not there, electricity). Not much you can do with them around, so I usually go to another place. If you begin to argue, more bubbles to text will appear.

Armok
Apr 12, 2004, 09:17 AM
That one with the whistle sound is the most annoying. God I can still hear it now.

PaleKid15
Apr 12, 2004, 12:04 PM
Well, you could FSOD them. Not like they don't deserve it, plus they are usually below lvl 10.

To answer the question why they do it:
They are sadistic assholes who have nothing better to do than pay $10 bucks a month to piss a select group of people off.

shifter
Apr 12, 2004, 03:27 PM
On 2004-04-12 07:17, Armok wrote:
That one with the whistle sound is the most annoying. God I can still hear it now.

i gotta disagree with you on that one, the whistle can be bad but i think that dammed growl thing is equally annoying, especially cause i have my tv turned up high when i play online.

Armok
Apr 13, 2004, 06:52 AM
Growls bad but Whistle is definatly the worst. Although growl and Upset noise are more widely used, whistle is amazingly annoying when used over and over by multiple ppl spaming. Fortunatly not even spammers can tolerate this noise so it doesnt last long.