PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Avoiding FSOD item loss

oeagrus
Apr 11, 2004, 08:46 AM
All,
I just wanted to bring this up since a little pattern developed. I was FSOD'd twice in the past week, and while the screen was locked up and buzzing, I pressed EJECT on the front of the Xbox instead of my usual of just turning it off.

Both times, when I reloaded and went back online, I didn't lose any items, equipped or unequipped. I guess it could just be coincidence, but give it a try next time you 'SOD and let me know how it turned out.
THX!

Lone_HUmar
Apr 11, 2004, 08:53 AM
That might work for GC...I avoided it twice...but I don't remember how ^_^;

BOmar
Apr 11, 2004, 12:16 PM
If you FSOD'd when first connecting to a lobby, then you will not lose any items (apart from meseta?).

If the FSOD occured elsewhere though, you should lose items no matter what you do to the console after.

KingChaos
Apr 11, 2004, 04:29 PM
i thought that too, but it dnt work always

kevlar_pso
Apr 13, 2004, 12:07 PM
I bsoded after finally takin the time to beat Ep. I on normal w/my main char on Xbox. I stepped into the 'porter only to hear the sound of my Xbox searchin for data and then eventually givin up. I left my Xbox on all nite and of course it turned off by itself. I lost whatever I didn't have equipped. Usually whenever I play online I keep the volume down low so I can hear if my Xbox is gonna send my lens all over the place inside to find that next bit of data. I haven't found the sure fire way of avoidin loss thnx to the Black Screen of Death or the Frozen Screen of Death for that matter.