PDA

View Full Version : Van Hellsing

Eihwaz
Apr 11, 2004, 01:45 PM
I've seen trailers for this movie, and I must say, it looks pretty interesting.

I was wondering, though. Does it have any relationship with the anime "Hellsing"? Both involve undead stuff, and a guy who kills the undead...I dunno.

Help, please? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ABDUR101
Apr 11, 2004, 01:55 PM
...isn't Van Hellsing a game coming out for X-box and PS2?

Hellsing goes along with the lore though really, so it's no real reference to Hellsing the anime if thats what you're talking about.

Hmm, interesting though if theres a movie coming out as well.

Eihwaz
Apr 11, 2004, 02:18 PM
On 2004-04-11 11:55, ABDUR101 wrote:
...isn't Van Hellsing a game coming out for X-box and PS2?

Hellsing goes along with the lore though really, so it's no real reference to Hellsing the anime if thats what you're talking about.

Hmm, interesting though if theres a movie coming out as well.

I haven't heard anything about a game called Van Hellsing, but I'm not too surprised.

Lore? As in, undead/vampire/underground/etc Lore? Hellsing the anime is about like this vampire dude in England in a top-secret police force thing?

VulpesMundi
Apr 11, 2004, 02:33 PM
Oh the movie does indeed look cool. Start with the writer/director of the two recent Mummy films, Stephen Sommers. Feature Hugh Jackman (X-Men's Wolverine) as the vampire hunter Gabriel Van Helsing. Add Kate Beckinsale (Underworld's Selene) as the lovely and quite fiesty Anna Valerious. Throw in a managerie of evil beasts like Dracula, Frankenstein, and a werewolf that looks the way a werewolf was meant to look. The result is an interesting action flick to keep us entertained. This movie is probably about as close as the world will ever see to a live-action Castlevania (Akumajo Dracula). I know I want to see this movie. =^.^=

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338526/

ABDUR101
Apr 11, 2004, 02:38 PM
Van Hellsing info (http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/784/Van-Helsing).

There's different lore on vampires, depending on where it's coming from. Just like lore about mummies from asia is different than the lore on mummies from the middle east.

Some lore dictates that vampires can be fended off with garlic, crosses and the like, while others aren't.

Hellsing is supposedly the family name of those who kill or maintain such things.

And after what Vulpes just mentioned, I'm rather interested in the movie as well. Quite the cast now.

*spoilers for the anime Hellsing*

The anime Hellsing is about Alucard(Arucard to some)[that name, which also has it's lore as being the son of Dracula,thus, spelt backwards]. Crosses were of no harm to him, nor garlic, nor the cutting off of his head, and even complete annihilation was not his downfall, as he could be revived if enough blood was spilt.

Kupi
Apr 11, 2004, 07:05 PM
I thought the movie's title was Van Helsing? One 'L'?

And... with the power of AP English Literature, I smite thy ignorance! ...it's supposed to be Frankenstein's monster, which was never given a name in the original work. Frankenstein was the scientist who created it, not the monster. Blasted Hollywood misconceptions (which I fault nobody for)...

VulpesMundi
Apr 11, 2004, 09:08 PM
On 2004-04-11 17:05, Kupi wrote:
I thought the movie's title was Van Helsing? One 'L'?

And... with the power of AP English Literature, I smite thy ignorance! ...it's supposed to be Frankenstein's monster, which was never given a name in the original work. Frankenstein was the scientist who created it, not the monster. Blasted Hollywood misconceptions (which I fault nobody for)...

With the power of my keyboard, I smite thy annoying over-critical-ness and spamming off-topic-ness. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes, I know it's Frankenstein's Monster (or Creature). Do I care? No. I'm too lazy to care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-04-11 19:11 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Apr 12, 2004, 12:56 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I loved Stephen Sommers Mummy movies and now that he is teaming with Hugh Jackman in a movie that suposedly has the biggest ( or at the least one of the biggest ) budget ever, I smell Summer Blocbuster. Of course things could still go horribly wrong, I hope hat teh movie isn't too dependant on CGI, I loved teh 1st Mummy movie but somthing did not feel right about it's sequel, The Mummy Returns, it felt like plot and characterisation were sacrificed for the sake of action and CGI effects. I hope Van Helsing is more like the 1st Mummy movie.