PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Olga Flow Beforehand

Cyger
Apr 11, 2004, 04:08 PM
If you listen VERY closely to parts of the Seabed song, you will hear Olga Flow in the background. Or maybe it's just me. If anyone wants to and has the time, you should check it out and see for yourself...I wonder what he's talking about that loudly ^_^' maybe callin for help to let him out of that disposal area?

Polar
Apr 11, 2004, 04:11 PM
I've got the soundtrack, and there's no talking on the music, I'm fairly sure. But, as you near the final warp, some uplinks play sound bytes of Olga, and elly tells you that it's coming through "live", not pre-recorded... freaked me out the first time, never before in PSO have you fought something that talks...

Fredrick
Apr 11, 2004, 04:17 PM
I know what your talking about. Its not part of the song, its a added sound effect and yes I think it sounds like olga too. *Spoilers* Well he was still a little normal even right up to the end because he keeps talking to you through those things you find in the halls. So ya it must be like the sounds of him complaining or not feeling well.

Jack
Apr 12, 2004, 05:45 PM
I know which bits you're on about too. I personally think it's the creaking sounds of the walls on the Seabed plant itself. Judging by the leaking water, and the destroyed sections, the Seabed plant looks to be collapsing in parts, and I always took the sound to be the metal walls creaking under the pressure of the water.

Fredrick
Apr 12, 2004, 07:15 PM
I personally think it's the creaking sounds of the walls on the Seabed plant itself. Judging by the leaking water, and the destroyed sections, the Seabed plant looks to be collapsing in parts, and I always took the sound to be the metal walls creaking under the pressure of the water.

not even gona say anything ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

Mazinger-X
Apr 12, 2004, 09:06 PM
It's Olga Flow speaking in the background. He's saying something to YOU. I don't know what it is yet. All I can make out is "out" or something of the sort.

zimmk2vgc
Apr 13, 2004, 03:59 AM
I think he's just talking jibberish like you do when you fight him. So I don't think he says anything in english, he says something that sounds like out. Try turning the music off and turn the sfx right up and try it then

SammaeltheDark
Apr 13, 2004, 09:24 AM
Does anyone think that Olga Flow actually says stuff when you fight him, or do you think it's just noise?

He goes on for too long when you get to the Test Subject Disposal Area for it just to be noise, I think. And his line when he comes up beside the elevator sounds a lot like "You will pay with your life" to me.

Fredrick
Apr 13, 2004, 09:56 AM
I dunno, if he is saying anything it would be in japanese... @_@

Para
Apr 13, 2004, 12:03 PM
On 2004-04-13 01:59, zimmk2vgc wrote:
I think he's just talking jibberish like you do when you fight him. So I don't think he says anything in english, he says something that sounds like out. Try turning the music off and turn the sfx right up and try it then

There was discussion about this awhile ago.
What Olga Flow says is actually

YOU KILLED MY GODDESS!!!!!!!!

Goddess meaning Dark Falz with Rico. NOT Dark Falz Alone or Rico Alone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-04-13 10:04 ]</font>

SammaeltheDark
Apr 13, 2004, 02:57 PM
There was discussion about this awhile ago.
What Olga Flow says is actually

Do you happen to know which topic it was? I'd like to read up on it if people finally figured out what he's saying.

Para
Apr 13, 2004, 11:53 PM
*rolls eyes*

Read my post again.

If you don't get what I mean, Olga Flow is barking out

YOU KILLED MY GODDESS!!!

at the beginning of the battle where you see him descend to your level.

Before battle hand, Olga Flow talks about the red child.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-04-13 21:56 ]</font>

KaFKa
Apr 14, 2004, 02:27 AM
nites, i have the sound byte, and according to what i was able to get out of it with this little sound manipulating tool that my friend has, the closest it gets to english is this:

Oou, Khielled OtehgodESH

_Ted_
Apr 14, 2004, 03:30 AM
Did anyone stop to think about how lazy sonic team and Sega are? Do you think that they would actually put in the effort to translate Olga Flow's speech into english?!

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 07:54 AM
Did anyone stop to think about how lazy sonic team and Sega are? Do you think that they would actually put in the effort to translate Olga Flow's speech into english?!

Lmao, I was thinking the same thing. I mean these are the same people who left the test files still on the game disk!!!

SammaeltheDark
Apr 14, 2004, 11:08 AM
On 2004-04-13 21:53, Nites wrote:
*rolls eyes*

Read my post again.

If you don't get what I mean, Olga Flow is barking out

I meant I wanted to read the post to see if anyone had any idea what else Olga says. He says a lot more than just that one line, and I was interested in if anyone knew what any of the other things he says are.

As for the talk about Sonic Team not translating his speech, about the only other thing I think I've know is from his second form right before he does a sword-wave attack. All my local friends agree that it sounds like he's saying "Shine", japanese for "Die"
So maybe he speaks a mix of Japanese & English.
Mind you that the speech in the House of the Dead II is english, even in the Japanese version.

Butoden
Apr 14, 2004, 02:16 PM
Well has anyone went trough Seabed with BGM turned off? Or does this mean you don't hear his speeches as well? That would be funny. Just standing waiting for Olga too say something! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Para
Apr 14, 2004, 04:55 PM
Just to clarify again, since people are still mysteriously doubting the truth.

A Sonic Team rep confirmed that Olga Flow DOES SAY

YOU KILLED MY GODDESS!!!

End of discussion.

KaFKa
Apr 14, 2004, 05:52 PM
On 2004-04-14 14:55, Nites wrote:
A Sonic Team rep confirmed

which sonic team rep? i would like to see a quote and where i can read this myself. because youre obviously not changing my mind of what i heard myself.

end of discussion

that just makes you sound full of yourself

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-04-14 16:02 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Apr 14, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-04-14 15:52, KaFKa wrote:
that just makes you sound full of yourself

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

BlackHound2
Apr 14, 2004, 07:56 PM
I haven't heard it yet, but I have no doubt that it's there. I've probably heard it at least once, but I never really paid enough attention to find out what it says. And I'd like to know which topic it was too!

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 07:57 PM
Come to think of it,it is there. Thats cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Para
Apr 14, 2004, 08:19 PM
http://lucky-s-designs.com/PSO/YouKilledMyGoddess.mp3

Clearly you can hear the you killed my goddess part.

I am Olga Flow, Ultimate Of Evolution. YOU KILLED MY GODDESS!!!

I ask a sega team moderator and they said it says "U killed my Goddess." In japanese and English.

ok, what i'm getting from this is either "you killed my goddess" or "you killed my ??". the "you killed part is pretty easy to understand

Well, he definately says "You killed my goddess", or however you spell that final word.

But I agree, it does sound like "you killed my goddess".

I heard the "you killed my goddess" part, yet once I also heard the "the ultimate in evolution" part someone mentioned.

A quote from KaFKA himself from the thread

the first part is kinda... weird... if i had some software to get rid of that static shit, i could probably figure it out, since (at least to me) it sounds to be heavily garbled english...

the secomd part... "Oou KHEllED ohthe GODESh"(yes, spelt exactly how i wanted it) is roughly what i got from it. i tried playing it backwards at a slower speed, but didnt really hear anything remotely like anything.

You were in that thread discussing about it and the majority of people concluded it was YOU KILLED MY GODDESS. *rolls eyes*

I do heard Ultimate Evolution on the last part of the first half of the slowed down version...

If you listen really close to the first part, you can almost make out what sounds like "I am Olga Flow" and then I can hear very clearly the word "evolution".

After listening to the first part slowed I think it might be something along the lines of "I am Olga Flow, the ultimate in evolution." then either "You killed my Goddess"

I distinctly hear him say "I am Olga Flow, Ultimate of Evolution, *music blasts* You kiled 'hiro' Goddess!"

Do I need to post more? It is clearly known that Olga Flow says

I am Olga Flow, Ultimate Of Evolution. YOU KILLED MY GODDESS!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-04-14 18:24 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 08:23 PM
Personally, I don't think he's saying You Killed my Goddess. I've listened to it numerous times and although it does sound like something similiar, its too distorted to be 100% certain.

Para
Apr 15, 2004, 07:07 AM
Remember, its english and japanese at the same time. It is possible you would hear some overlap from the japanese pronounciation.

KaFKa
Apr 15, 2004, 07:14 AM
*sigh* and here i though you actually had quotes from that sega rep you said conformed it. all i see is quotes from members. ten thousand people can say something, but that doesent make it fact

as said before, its impossible to be 100% certian since its distorted past all recognition.

[edit] drilled the prom dress? WTF!? what the hell was going through my head?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-04-15 08:46 ]</font>

oeagrus
Apr 15, 2004, 10:36 AM
I always assumed he was saying "My name is Amigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

But I agree with Kafka...
Nites does seem full of himself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

iamfanboy
Apr 15, 2004, 11:56 AM
Heh. As much as I hate to side with the dude who's 'full of himself', I'm going to do it and state firmly that Olga Flow is saying, "You killed the goddess" or "you killed my goddess"

It's just really harsh Japlish, people, where the voice actor is TRYING to sound like a monster speaking English when he (the seiyuu, that is) don't speak English too good himself. And then they distorted it on top of that in post-production!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Fer cryin' out loud, people, haven't you ever watched any anime where a character 'supposedly' speaks English? Micheal from Marmalade Boy comes to mind... man, I laughed so hard when I heard him... he tried so hard to sound American, too, and just COULDN'T.

I'm used to that kind of accent, so the only harsh part in understanding was cutting through the destortion, but is it any wonder that it's difficult to decipher easily?

Me, I think that's a neat touch. This is the first time that I've ever gone through the Seabed with the music on; usually I'm listening to other stuff...

Para
Apr 15, 2004, 12:32 PM
I ask a sega team moderator and they said it says "U killed my Goddess." In japanese and English.

You don't have to believe it if you don't but clearly it makes pretty much sense.

Rico + Dark Falz = Goddess
Flowen + Olga + Cells = Olga Flow aka the goddess' 'knight'.
Evolution = how he was a bio weapon with an computer AI with the cells + a human whose fighting capabilities are well known to be superior than low ranking soldiers put together evolved into an organic fighting machine.
His sense of tone is definitely angry when you encounter him with the idea of olga flow with the desire for revenge for his 'goddess'. How he repeatly says You Killed My Goddess throughout the battle dictates that's what going through his head. When you are angry you might have 1 certain idea going through your head. Olga Flow's idea is revenge.

This was discussed before and it is known as You Killed My Goddess. If you had such an issue over this KaFKa why didn't you argue it in the beginning when it was first debated?

SammaeltheDark
Apr 15, 2004, 02:36 PM
[edit] drilled the prom dress? WTF!? what the hell was going through my head?

I agree with KaFKa. Olga Flow should be saying that quote.

But otherwise, I'm agreeing with Nites. I think that's what Olga is saying at the start of his first form. Me and some friends decided to tackle Olga on VHard with our newest chars and kept dying, so I had plenty of times to listen to it.

It is pretty horrible Japlish being used.

But nobody has offered insight on anything Olga says in his second form.
Nix that. I don't want this topic to get violent with more conflicting theories.

MajinSpleen
Apr 16, 2004, 03:03 PM
The part before the "You killed my Goddess" sounds German. Well to me it does.

EDIT: I just played, and he says it much slower than in that sound clip. Still sounds German tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSpleen on 2004-04-18 09:20 ]</font>