PDA

View Full Version : Brightness Circle

Silver_Wyrm
Apr 11, 2004, 07:05 PM
Is brightness circle any good? I ws debating doing gibbles runs (I hate that monkey) with my redria hunter to get a spirit garb and use star amp on it to get brightness circle, even use add slots if neccessary. I don't want to hunt gibbles if the armor isn't worth it though.

lain2k3
Apr 11, 2004, 07:07 PM
Created brightness circles are not worth it unless you play a lot of temple or caves, because of their high EDK, but created armor stats suck.

and spirit garment from gibbles is a very easy drop.

Ryuzaki00
Apr 11, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-04-11 17:05, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
Is brightness circle any good? I ws debating doing gibbles runs (I hate that monkey) with my redria hunter to get a spirit garb and use star amp on it to get brightness circle, even use add slots if neccessary. I don't want to hunt gibbles if the armor isn't worth it though.

hurt the %$&#*% monkey, it's fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif...LOL...j/k...good question, i have 2 star amps (and pipin' for more) and was wonderin' the same thing

Fredrick
Apr 11, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-04-11 17:07, lain2k3 wrote:
Created brightness circles are not worth it unless you play a lot of temple or caves, because of their high EDK, but created armor stats suck.

No its not so bad. I made mine and it had better stats then my found guard wave. (Plus it looks cooler lol)

Silver_Wyrm
Apr 11, 2004, 07:13 PM
I have a 3 slot celestial armor on, which do you think is better? I'm pessimistic about gibbles do to my coninued failure at the VH madam's umbrella.

lain2k3
Apr 11, 2004, 07:22 PM
On 2004-04-11 17:08, Fredrick wrote:

On 2004-04-11 17:07, lain2k3 wrote:

No its not so bad. I made mine and it had better stats then my found guard wave. (Plus it looks cooler lol)

Yes, It is so bad, Its just that you guard wave was even worse.

and the any gibbles/mericarol/gi gue runs in VH shouldnt take more than 30 runs for the rare, go for it.

EJ
Apr 11, 2004, 07:25 PM
gibble are easy to kill just make them stuck somewhere and start whooping their a**..lol that a easy way to get a spirit garment. I think its worth it if you use a force and also encounter enemies with megid like me ^_^.

Fredrick
Apr 11, 2004, 07:30 PM
My BC has 190 def and 118 evp and I made mine. Tha really is not bad at all.

Eihwaz
Apr 11, 2004, 07:31 PM
Well, Matt (HUmar) uses a made Brightness Circle, and I really like it. It's got good enough DFP and EVP, great Light and Dark resistances, and looks awesome.

Though, I'd try to hunt one down with better stats...

Dragon_Ash
Apr 12, 2004, 07:19 AM
i made a brightness circle... it's weaker than my gaurd wave... only by 11 dfp dfp and 40 evp... not bad if you need EDK resistance..

BOmar
Apr 12, 2004, 08:47 AM
I have a made BC and it is pretty good, but there are a lot better.

It's great when I am rappy hunting in Ult Temple though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eclypse
Apr 12, 2004, 06:02 PM
On 2004-04-11 17:05, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

If it's for your HUnewearl I would just use the LUMINOUS FIELD, it's on the best armors in the game. I used the LUMINOUS FIELD and then the LOVE HEART for my HUnewearl. Beyond those armors it really isn't worth going any higher. VIRUS ARMOR is decent enough but to play until level 156 is just ridiculous. Between the LUMINOUS FIELD and the LOVE HEART there aren't any armors that are really any better for the HUnie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-12 16:08 ]</font>

lain2k3
Apr 12, 2004, 06:11 PM
Love heart, for the most part, is garbage as well. and it doesnt have an animation unless you're standing INSIDE a male character.

Luminous field should be a decent drop and good armor, along with DF field.

(but my lum. took me over 6 months to find)

Eclypse
Apr 12, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-04-12 16:11, lain2k3 wrote:
Love heart, for the most part, is garbage as well. and it doesnt have an animation unless you're standing INSIDE a male character.

Who cares if it has an animation. Thats a dumbass way to choose an armor. LOVE HEART has excellent Evade and good DEF boosts. It might not have the boost of the VIRUS ARMOR but it's better than the DF FIELD which is closer to his level and the AURA FIELD is barely better and it's 4 levels under the VIRUS ARMOR.

Eclypse
Apr 12, 2004, 06:22 PM

Who cares if it has an animation. Thats a dumbass way to choose an armor. LOVE HEART has excellent Evade and good DEF boosts. It might not have the boost of the VIRUS ARMOR but it's better than the DF FIELD which is closer to his level and the AURA FIELD is barely better and it's 4 levels under the VIRUS ARMOR.

Fredrick
Apr 12, 2004, 06:38 PM
Ya, I hate when people ask me what my barrier is and I say celestial (cant spell) and they are like oh you should get somthing better. Its like just because somethings not rare or has a visual does not mean its no good. To this day I have not found a barrier better then celestial.

Eclypse
Apr 12, 2004, 08:41 PM
On 2004-04-12 16:38, Fredrick wrote:
Ya, I hate when people ask me what my barrier is and I say celestial (cant spell) and they are like oh you should get somthing better. Its like just because somethings not rare or has a visual does not mean its no good. To this day I have not found a barrier better then celestial.

CELESTIAL ARMOR and CELESTIAL SHIELD f**kin rock. The only thing I hate is that they made them a non-rare item for Episode 1 & 2. The only armor tha gives better all around stats is the ATTRIB PLATE and SHIELD. Anyone playing a HU or RA character should use the CELeSTIAL until they can use VAJULLA at 89.

LWK
Apr 13, 2004, 12:08 AM
Zol Gibbon has to be the greediest bastard ever. I've done countless ULT Mountain runs and have got nothing good, not even a single Agito either.

Redria is a great ID, but I get like nothing for rares these days.

I call it the 'bleak' period. As something similar happened to my Purplenum character.
Gotta play it out I guess, just wish they would drop just something thats worth a damn.

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 12:21 AM

wow mine has an animation when I stand quite a ways away from a male character. Who cares about animation! Its a good armour!!!

lain2k3
Apr 13, 2004, 03:07 PM
...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif My point was not the animation. It has shitty dfp unless you are standing inside a male character. DF field, lum. field, guard wave, brightness circle(found), electro frame, and aura field are almost always better armors when no male character is glued to yours.

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 04:22 PM
On 2004-04-13 13:07, lain2k3 wrote:
...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif My point was not the animation. It has shitty dfp unless you are standing inside a male character. DF field, lum. field, guard wave, brightness circle(found), electro frame, and aura field are almost always better armors when no male character is glued to yours.

Once again wrong, because you don't have to be inside a male character to get the 100 point boost. In just about any game you run with, you will have predominately male characters and you will always be spread out unless you just like to pack kill, and in that case you will get the bonus no matter where you are in the room. The LOVE HEART has around 195-200 DFP base, and with the boost you have 295-300 DFP on top of your base defense which is higher than the AURA and many levels and free time lower. Besides depending on how your mag is raised, it will counter pretty much any difference between armors.

lain2k3
Apr 13, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-04-13 14:22, Eclypse wrote:

On 2004-04-13 13:07, lain2k3 wrote:

Once again wrong, because you don't have to be inside a male character to get the 100 point boost. In just about any game you run with, you will have predominately male characters and you will always be spread out unless you just like to pack kill, and in that case you will get the bonus no matter where you are in the room. The LOVE HEART has around 195-200 DFP base, and with the boost you have 295-300 DFP on top of your base defense which is higher than the AURA and many levels and free time lower. Besides depending on how your mag is raised, it will counter pretty much any difference between armors.

1) You have to be touching a male character for the defense bonus (at least i do)

2) It is just plain bad to have defense on mags, it could always be allocated somewhere else that is more useful.

Silver_Wyrm
Apr 13, 2004, 10:42 PM
I got my spirit garb on 6th run (much better compared to the 100 done for the umbrella), and made mt brightness circle. It was MUCH better than my celestial and is doing its job well. Eventually I'll find better but I need to look for a better shield now, I'm still using Ultimate Shield.

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 11:39 PM
On 2004-04-13 19:22, lain2k3 wrote:

1) You have to be touching a male character for the defense bonus (at least i do)

2) It is just plain bad to have defense on mags, it could always be allocated somewhere else that is more useful.

Well once again it's a matter of opinion because I think balanced mags are better than having a mag with 100+ PWR or DEX over 35, or even a mag with one super dominant stats unless you are a FO and want high mind fast

Blitzkommando
Apr 13, 2004, 11:53 PM
On 2004-04-13 21:39, Eclypse wrote:

Well once again it's a matter of opinion because I think balanced mags are better than having a mag with 100+ PWR or DEX over 35, or even a mag with one super dominant stats unless you are a FO and want high mind fast

Hmm... Defense eh? Grab a Metal/Body, or God/Body. Both are easy to get and well... Allow you to allocate more useful stats to mags. Defense levels on mags are virtually worthless. Why? Because each level increases defense by 1, not 2 like mind or power. Taking off that 30 or more defense off the mag, getting a */Body unit, and increasing power or mind on the mag makes a great improvement. Do the math. Plus rasing up defense on most mags is hell. I know, I did it before to equal stats for a special mag. Then I stopped rasing up defense and put on some extra mind. It isn't a matter of opinion, it is a matter of logical allocation of resources.

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 13, 2004, 11:56 PM
It's not as good as Guard Wave, but looks much cooler. Y'no the shiny balls that float around the base of a Telepipe? The circle has blue ones that float around your middle in a very similar pattern. The Guard Wave Just has a blue rings that comes out from your middle every 3 second, about. That thing was driving me INSANE!

lain2k3
Apr 14, 2004, 05:38 AM
On 2004-04-13 21:56, ViewtifulJoe wrote:
That thing was driving me INSANE!

reminds me of your sig....XD

I'm not annoyed by guard waves animation in the least.

Rainbowlemon
Apr 14, 2004, 09:22 AM
Ok....Here we go...

Spirit Garment - The basis for Brightness Circle and Aura Field, had average stats but the TP revival may be useful on non-TP reviving characters. (However, the rate of revival isn't exactly impressive...). In addition, it has no animation.

Brightness Circle - Extremely useful for it's high EDK, but average in terms of EVP and DFP. Better stats overall than Spirit Garment only. However, it looks attractive, so is an item for selective purposes only.

Guard Wave - Has better DFP and EVP than both Brightness Circle and Spirit Garment (from my experiences, anyway) and also has a nice animation, but the slight decrease in EDK could prove to be a problem in Megid-ridden areas.

Luminous Field - Has better DFP and EVP than Spirit Garment, Brightness Circle and Guard Wave, but has even less EDK and ELT than the Guard Wave. Also, has a fairly horrible animation, which can hardly be seen - a small horizontal ring of small blue/green particles emanating from the character every 2-3 seconds.

Aura Field - Has the best DPF and EVP of all mentioned Armors, and had ELT and EDK resistances matched only by Brightness Circle. This, together with the animation, a firey Aura, justifies it's demand from Humans characters.

I would comment on the DF Field, but have not yet obtained it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif From what I've heard, it's pretty ugly...

My advice would be, if you're a Megid-hater (like me), use the Brightness circle. i.e. take time out to look for the Spirit Garment, as you have been doing. However, if you don't mind being freaked by Megid, or don't mind having to avoid it, then stick with Guard Wave, for it's higher DFP and EVP. Eventually, when your level is high enough, I reccommend looking for an Aura Field.

...*phew*...

~ Antimony

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 09:41 AM
would comment on the DF Field, but have not yet obtained it From what I've heard, it's pretty ugly...

DF has really good stats. Awsome evp and def. The elt and edk is like only average. The animation is a green flash every few seconds... I myself dont like the way it looks (Ulness you char is green) http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/df01.jpg

Hrith
Apr 14, 2004, 09:48 AM
DF Field has more or less similar stats to a Guard Wave or Brightness Circle.

Electro Frame is clearly above those three.

Luminous Field is clearly above those four.

Aura Field is clearly above those those five.

And I think the Luminous Field animation is pretty http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Although my preferences are Virus Armor:Lafuteria > Sacred Cloth > Electro Frame.

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 09:55 AM
Sacred cloths def and evp are so bad... But it does look nice and its special keeps me from tossing my wavebird across the room.

Hrith
Apr 14, 2004, 09:59 AM
Sacred Cloth has stats similar to a Parasite Wear:Vajulla, which is ok, but low for a Lv requirement of 144.

Inner Cure/Paralysis is priceless, IMO.

KingChaos
Apr 14, 2004, 11:06 AM
do loads of CCA runs for Zol Gibbon

Hrith
Apr 14, 2004, 12:36 PM
On 2004-04-14 09:06, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
do loads of CCA runs for Zol Gibbon

x_x;;

Eclypse
Apr 14, 2004, 12:51 PM
On 2004-04-13 21:53, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

On 2004-04-13 21:39, Eclypse wrote:

Hmm... Defense eh? Grab a Metal/Body, or God/Body. Both are easy to get and well... Allow you to allocate more useful stats to mags. Defense levels on mags are virtually worthless. Why? Because each level increases defense by 1, not 2 like mind or power. Taking off that 30 or more defense off the mag, getting a */Body unit, and increasing power or mind on the mag makes a great improvement. Do the math. Plus rasing up defense on most mags is hell. I know, I did it before to equal stats for a special mag. Then I stopped rasing up defense and put on some extra mind. It isn't a matter of opinion, it is a matter of logical allocation of resources.

I'm not even going to worry about responding with an explanation of why your response is wrong.

Hrith
Apr 14, 2004, 01:03 PM
because he is not, simple, DEF on a Mag is a total waste, we all know that. That and the fact that DFP is a secondary stat to max out, there are much more important/useful stats to max out.
Besides, a good armour will always be better since even with a good DEF Mag, your DFP will not exceed the class limit.

Now, next time, if you do not have anything interesting to bring to the debate or any intelligent remark to make, just refrain from posting what is either spam or flamebait.

PaleKid15
Apr 14, 2004, 01:13 PM
Pwned.

I just want to bring up the fact that I dislike Luminous Field. It's fairly easy to get a GW that's just as good, and I like GW animation better. The HP drain from Lum is very irritating on my non droids. The lum itself does more damage to me than the enemies.

Eclypse
Apr 14, 2004, 01:34 PM
On 2004-04-14 11:03, Kef wrote:
because he is not, simple, DEF on a Mag is a total waste, we all know that.(No we don't all know that. I use the DEF cat. on the mag because I like having high DEF along with a nice amount of MST and PWR.)
That and the fact that DFP is a secondary stat to max out, there are much more important/useful stats to max out.(I don't care about maxing out a single stat)Besides, a good armour will always be better since even with a good DEF Mag, your DFP will not exceed the class limit.(Once again not trying to max the class limit, It's just good to be balanced)
Now, next time, if you do not have anything interesting to bring to the debate or any intelligent remark to make, just refrain from posting what is either spam or flamebait.

Once again a matter of your opinion, and I'll remark whenever I feel the need to remark.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-14 11:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-14 11:44 ]</font>

LWK
Apr 14, 2004, 02:20 PM
Took long enough. Got one.
I dig the armor, but the animation is very easily annoying. I'll just have to get used to it.
Kinda my small celebration.

Now its time to pipe for some Add Slots. Unfortunately, 4 of them.

Check for BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE

PaleKid15
Apr 15, 2004, 12:58 PM
It is not a matter of opinion. You are wrong. End of story. You want defense? Get a god body. There's an extra 50 lvls on your mag to use on something worthwhile. Can't find a god body? Use a metal body, then you have 30 lvls to use on something better. Defense on a mag is up there with equipping a god tp on S.P.E.D.-ometer.

Jazhara
Apr 16, 2004, 09:58 AM
On 2004-04-14 11:34, Eclypse wrote:

On 2004-04-14 11:03, Kef wrote:
because he is not, simple, DEF on a Mag is a total waste, we all know that.(No we don't all know that. I use the DEF cat. on the mag because I like having high DEF along with a nice amount of MST and PWR.)
That and the fact that DFP is a secondary stat to max out, there are much more important/useful stats to max out.(I don't care about maxing out a single stat)Besides, a good armour will always be better since even with a good DEF Mag, your DFP will not exceed the class limit.(Once again not trying to max the class limit, It's just good to be balanced)

Once again a matter of your opinion, and I'll remark whenever I feel the need to remark.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-14 11:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-14 11:44 ]</font>

You miss the point. Whether or not having a high DEF on a Mag is a good thing is a matter of opinion; statistic management for your character is not.

Example:

Mag DEF = 1pt player DFP
Mag POW = 2pt player ATP

God Body = 50 DEF
God Power = 50 ATP

Player A has Mag DEF 100, POW 100. He uses a God Power. Gains: 100 DFP, 250 ATP.

Player B has Mag DEF 50, POW 150. He uses a God Body. Gains: 100 DFP, 300 ATP.

Both players have a Mag, and use one armour slot. The player that relies on a Mag for extra DFP rather than units has worse stats.

Fact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2004-04-16 08:33 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 16, 2004, 10:34 AM
On 2004-04-16 07:58, Jazhara wrote:
Idiots like you are the reason many players stop visiting this forum regularly, myself included.

You are wholly 100% wrong, fact. Desist.

No one is asking you to come to this forum in the first place. That remark was a day old and it's a matter of opinion as to who is right and wrong. Just because 1 person says something is right doesn't make it right. Kef's opinion is his opinion and nothing will change that, just like my opinion is my own and nothing will change that.

Hrith
Apr 16, 2004, 11:36 AM
1) Jazhara is a respected contributor to PSOW.

2) it's not a matter of personal opinion, it's a matter of personal choice, you'd rather make a stupid choices, fine, but you are wrong, logic proves this.

3) Jazhara, like many experienced players (not to sound vain, we just are, I have 3700 hours on GC alone), has grown tired of people giving bad advice to the players who need them in this forum section. Because erroneous info has a tendency to spread faster than accurate info, and we have to correct everything afterwards.

People in this forum section have a tendency to do nothing but flame more experienced players who prove them wrong, debate vehemently over petty issues, and generally complain about everything that is given to them, including guides.

If anything, I'd like Jazhara to come here a lot more often, his knowledge is more than welcome.

VioletSkye
Apr 16, 2004, 11:42 AM
On 2004-04-16 09:36, Kef wrote:
1) Jazhara is a respected contributor to PSOW.

2) it's not a matter of personal opinion, it's a matter of personal choice, you'd rather make a stupid choices, fine, but you are wrong, logic proves this.

3) Jazhara, like many experienced players (not to sound vain, we just are, I have 3700 hours on GC alone), has grown tired of people giving bad advice to the players who need them in this forum section. Because erroneous info has a tendency to spread faster than accurate info, and we have to correct everything afterwards.

People in this forum section have a tendency to do nothing but flame more experienced players who prove them wrong, debate vehemently over petty issues, and generally complain about everything that is given to them, including guides.

If anything, I'd like Jazhara to come here a lot more often, his knowledge is more than welcome.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!! Well said. It is becoming such a hassle to give info anymore that its almost not worth it. I say let these noobs believe the stupid things they want to believe. You can have straight up proof in the form of an actual game file coded by ST and they will still try bring up other options or say its only a matter of opinion. This gets very frustrating, but hey, its not for us to worry about. If they don't want facts and refuse to get a clue about certain aspects of the game, then I guess thats their choice.

BTW this wasn't directed at any specific person. I'm just saying that I understand Kef's frustration with all of the bad and erroneous advice that has been flooding the forums lately. It is difficult to play clean up afterwards and often times we are met with such resistance towards the truth that the facts get buried under a ton of bogus posts.

Some aspects of the game are absolutely opinion based and make for interesting discussion. But it IS true that some aspects of the game are based purely on facts that have been PROVEN. So instead of arguing with more experienced members who have either looked at the game files themselves or have tested extensively with something, you could try and open your ears and maybe even learn something. Just a thought http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-16 09:49 ]</font>