PDA

View Full Version : Internet Freeze on PSO Ep3

WootHinkInc
Apr 12, 2004, 01:07 AM
Alright, I have been having this problem that has been a thorn in my side ever since I got online with PSO Ep3.

I can connect, and get onto PSO Ep3 just fine. I connect to it using Road Runner as my ISP, and a wireless router with an Ethernet Bridge plugged into my GameCube. This also connects perfectly fine with PSO Ep1&2, and my laptop.

My problem is, for some reason, sometimes, while I am in a gaming session, namly during a match, the internet freezes, not my game, and I am just stuck there and cannot submit any messages, nor do anything, just watch the characters do their idle movements. I will just sit there and wait until it unlags I guess you could say. Sometimes it will just work after I let it set while it's lagging, and most others it will disconnect me after a long while of sitting, possibly over ten minutes. Usually I don't wait the ten minutes for it to disconnect me it'self, so I disconnect it manually, which works fine and disconnects me as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable from my BBA, or my ethernet bridge.

After I disconnect manually, not wanting to take the wait, I try to get back on. Here are three things that happen when I try to get back on:

1) During connection, it gives me the 015 failed to find DHCP error.

2) After I connect, it brings me up to the outlook on the lobby as usual, but the select ship/download quest menu never appears. And it will just make me wait for it to disconnect me after that like while I am playing an online session.

3) I USED to get a Line Busy error. It used to be on the connect screen(The screen where you can make those sounds by hitting A, while the game is loading.).

Why it does this I have no idea, and it's beginning to make me very angry, because I am always at worry it will lag me out while I am playing a game. It works PERFECTLY FINE on Ep1&2, and my laptop, meaning it does not do this, or anything like it, on either one. On PSO Ep1&2, I get none of these errors.

What I have done to fix it so far is this:

1) Whenever it happens, I got powercycle my modem, wireless router, and ethernet bridge, and come back to try to get back online. This doesn't work for some reason, it's like I have to wait to connect to something, for something other than on my end. Namly the PSO servers.

2) I thought it may be something with the connection from my ethernet adapter not accepting to my BBA, so I changed my connection settings from defaults(As in obtain DHCP address automatically.), to manually inserting my IP address, DHCP address, Default Gateway, etc. By doing that, it seem to have stopped my Line Busy error, but whenever this incident happens, and I try to reconnect, instead of the Line Busy error, it gives me a "Cannot connect to DNS server" error.

I have not called Sega for this problem yet, I will be doing it tomorrow. But I would just like your opinions on this.

Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WootHinkInc on 2004-04-11 23:16 ]</font>