PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: what are the twin sabre/sword weapons in the opening

urbanspikeus
Apr 12, 2004, 10:14 AM
in the starting movie for the hunter, what are the pink weapons he has? he has others and i want to know what they are. can anyone please tell me?

urbanspikeus

Sharkyland
Apr 12, 2004, 10:35 AM
Asuka?

Cyger
Apr 12, 2004, 10:43 AM
If it looked like a star wars double saber it probly was a stag cutlery

VioletSkye
Apr 12, 2004, 11:36 AM
I just watched the movie and I didn't see any male hunter with a weapon that was pink. You'll have to be more specific and describe it better.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 12, 2004, 11:38 AM
He means stag cutlery. It's actually red btw, something probly wrong with your TV hue.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
on the website it looks pink in the pics too, but its actually red.
-xero

EDIT: my bad =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xero_Silvera on 2004-04-12 14:59 ]</font>

Fredrick
Apr 12, 2004, 11:38 AM
what hunter was it? (was it ep 1&2 or ep3?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2004-04-12 09:39 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 12, 2004, 11:40 AM
In the openning movie no one is wielding a Stag Cutlery so it couldn't be that.

If he is talking about the paired swords, then they are Yamato and they are actually a blue color, not pink.

And btw, this belongs in Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID Discussion, not General.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-12 09:49 ]</font>

Xero_Silvera
Apr 12, 2004, 11:50 AM
Hmm... I cant watch it right now, a friend is playing pso... Asuka / Yamato are twin SWORDS, not SABERS. Another twin SABER that it could be is demo comet, but i dont remember anyone usin that
=
he could be sayin the name of the wep wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
-xero

VioletSkye
Apr 12, 2004, 12:01 PM
Well Demo Comet isn't in the movie either, and thanks but I already knew that Asuka and Yamato are twin swords (which is why I called yamato that in the above post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) The only double saber type weapon in the movie is Meteor Cudgel and I doubt he was talking about that. Also if you notice the name of the topic, the posters mentions:

what are the twin sabre/sword weapons in the opening movie?

so I'm sure he meant the Yamato. He is obviously new to PSO (otherwise he would have known what the weapons are) so he might not have been sure what to call them.

SJ
Apr 12, 2004, 12:01 PM
Whats the funky double saber the HUcast is using in the opening movie?

Evil_Althena8
Apr 12, 2004, 12:40 PM
in addition to the first question of this topic, what the hell are the forces using in the movie? It almost looks like rabarta, but it isn't.

Scales_of_Air
Apr 12, 2004, 12:52 PM
An orange (stock colored) HUmar uses a MUSASHI, a black HUmar uses a Yamato, and an android uses a black king bar? I am 100% sure on the first two, but i'm not as familiar with the twin saber types because I am a FOmar player. I think the ice techniques are high-level gi/rabarta(?) I know the techs change after lv16, as my Foie and Gifoie seem to spark somewhat along with the normal fireballs, but I need to find the high level ice disks for Gi/Ra. My Barta is Lv. 21 and doesn't look like that, so it must be the spells mentioned.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 12, 2004, 12:59 PM
it looks like a rotating energy circle around them, and not any technique i've seen. I thought maybe it was some weapons special, but i could be wrong.

VioletSkye
Apr 12, 2004, 01:00 PM
I gotta head out for the day, but if noone answers correctly, I'll post what the weapons are later when I get back. I've been thinking of doing an info page with pics and descriptions of all the chars and weapons in the openning movie. That might help newer members find what they want to know quicker. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

urbanspikeus
Apr 12, 2004, 03:49 PM
no, no you got it all wrong,,,in the opening movie, there is a humar that uses these pinkish weapons that are curved slightly near the handle, also (this has nought to do with the movie) but there is a dual close combat weapon that look like half a star and the "light rays" are curved slightly and are yellow. i know you want me to be more specific but i really cant. also violet skye, where did you get that cool flash?

urban spikeus

[img]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: urbanspikeus on 2004-04-12 14:22 ]</font>

Evil_Althena8
Apr 12, 2004, 04:37 PM
um...he made it

Nai_Calus
Apr 12, 2004, 04:51 PM
The ice tech is probably Gibarta. Nobody but high-level Forces knows what it looks like, because not even FOmars use it because it's too freaking slow. I'd have to watch it again to confirm this, but it sounds like what you're describing is probably L26+ Gibarta, or L26+ Rabarta. I know one of the FOmarls does indeed use Gibarta... Hmm.

Stag Cutlery -was- pink on the DC version, that's why it looks pink in the pictures. Actually, it's purple, but everyone on PSOW is colourblind, so all 3rd-level Photon Weapons and anything the same colour as them are pink, even though they aren't. =^_^=

Could be an Edge he's talking about, not all weapons used in the intro movie are rares, I seem to recall. Don't remember any HUmars or HUcasts using daggers, though, but it's been a while.

The yellow thing that looks like half a star? Is it used by a HUcaseal? Cross Scar. Make an ORAN, you'll be sick to tears of them in no time.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 12, 2004, 05:03 PM
The doulbe saber weapon the hucast is using is METEOR CUDGEL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And the only thing i can think of for tha curved weapon.. gah you need to xplain it better. Asuka is a two sword 1 weapon, and blade dance is also kinda pink and curved, but thats a hucaseal usin it.
-xero

IceBurner
Apr 12, 2004, 07:33 PM
First, all weapons in the opening:

Green HUmar in Forest 1 using Musashi
Black HUmar in Mine 1 using DB's Saber
Ash the default HUmar in VR Temple using Flowen's Sword
Denim-panted HUnewearl at Seaside using no weapon
White HUnewearl in VR Spaceship with Bloody Art
Sue the default HUnewearl in Ruins 1 with Photon Claw
White HUcast in Cave 1 with Meteor Cudgel
Blue HUcast in VR Temple with Chain Sawd
Blue HUcast in VR Temple with Diska of Braveman
Kireek the Default HUcast in Forest 1 with Dragon Slayer, then with Soul Eater
White HUcaseal in Cave 3 with Kaladbolg
Blue HUcaseal in Jungle North with Blade Dance
Purple default HUcaseal in Mountain with Morning Glory, then with Cross Scar, then back to Morning Glory
White RAmar in Mine 2 with H&S25 Justice, then with Justy 23ST
Purple RAmar in VR Spaceship with Yasminkov 7000V, then with M&A60 Vise
Bernie the default RAmar in Jungle East with Wals MK2, then with with Visk 235W, then back to Wals MK2
Red-black RAmarl in Forest 2 with Yasminkov 7000V, then with Yasminkov 3000R
Turquoise RAmarl in VR Temple with Suppressed Gun, then with Yasminkov 2000H
Green default RAmarl in Cave 2 with Bravace, then with a Gatling
Gold RAcast in Forest 2 with Raygun, then with H&S25 Justice, then back to a Raygun
White RAcast at Seaside with an Arms, then with Yasminkov 9000M, then back to Arms
Gilliam the default RAcast in VR Spaceship with L&K14 Combat, then with Photon Launcher, then back to L&K14 Combat
Bergundy-white RAcaseal in Forest 1 with H&S25 Justice, then with Twin Psychogun
Peach RAcaseal in Mine 2 with NUG-2000 Bazooka, then with Suppressed Gun, then back to NUG-200 Bazooka
Elenor the default RAcaseal in Mine 2 with a Launcher, then with Guld Milla, then with Custom Ray ver.00
Black FOmar in VR Temple with Psycho Wand casting Foie and Rabarta
Black FOmar in Mine 1 with Brave Hammer casting Razonde
Default FOmar in Mountain with Talis
White FOmarl in Cave 2 with Battle Verge, then with Holy Ray
White FOmarl in Ruins with Rabbit Wand casting Gibarta, then with a Striker casting Gifoie, then with Talis
Alicia Baz the default FOmarl in VR Spaceship with Summit Moon casting Gizonde, then with a Club casting Foie
Black FOnewm in Ruins with Talis casting Foie, then with Brave Hammer, then back to Talis
Blue FOnewm in Forest with Demonic Fork casting Gizonde, then with Fire Sceptor:Agni casting Gifoie
Dr. Montogue the default FOnewm in Jungle East with Technical Crozier casting Gibarta, then with Demonic Fork
Blue FOnewearl at Seaside with Madame's Umbrella, then with Diska of Liberator
Pink FOnewearl in Mine 1 with FIre Sceptor:Agni casting Foie, then with Rabbit Wand
Rupika the default FOnewearl in Jungle East with Magical Piece casting Rabarta

The odd-looking spell you refer to is very high level gi or rabarta as seen from above. Read on.

The highest levels of techs (mid 20's to L30) have "souped-up" graphics in Ep 1&2.

Barta goes from a trail of frosty clouds to a trail of racing ice crystals
Gibarta eventually causes a ring of ice to spin around your character as you spray the regular cone of frost
Rabarta causes pointy ice shards and a sheet of ice to fly out from under your character in addition to the regular frosty clouds
Foie emits smoke as it launches and firey particles as it travels.
Gifoie's fireballs leaves a trail of fiery embers as well as their regular trail of smaller fireballs
Rafoie begins to have a "halo" in a horizontal plane around the main fire orb, spiraling red particle clusters, and a "heat distortion" effect
Zonde goes from a single bolt to many lightning bolts striking in to the same point
Gizonde's thin bolts of lightning become more prominent and complex in pattern
Razonde does the same, forms a more complete and complex spiral/circle, and also leaves random sparks in the air for a couple of seconds after it is cast.
Grants becomes a pillar of white flames after it "pops"
Megid goes from a simple purple orb with a shadowy trail to a gigantic multi-hued purple/lavender ball of death vapors with a cloudy trail.
At its highest level and with the doubled effect/range (such as from Marina's Bag), Resta causes a HUGE field of dancing white sparkles and also shoots out rays of light along the floor
Not sure if Anti has a "super effect"
Maxed/boosted Shifta and Deband cause similar red/blue fields of dancing sparkles but not the rays of light
Jellen and Zalure have no visible effects other than the sparkles that appear around enemies
Reverser and Ryuker have no levels and their visual effects are always exactly the same
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rabite.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBurner on 2004-04-13 00:14 ]</font>

Prophet2k
Apr 12, 2004, 08:17 PM
Blimey, informative post, makes me wanna start a force to check out the high level spell visuals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif sounds kinda cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Proph.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 12, 2004, 08:35 PM
Nice info, ice. *tips hat* Turn that info into an FAQ guide thing (beginning sequence movie weaps)
-xero

Silver_Wyrm
Apr 12, 2004, 11:43 PM
There is also bloody art daggers in the movie. They are red/pink (whatever) and if he is a newbie than they could easily be mistaken for twin weapons as the don't look like normal daggers.

VioletSkye
Apr 12, 2004, 11:59 PM
Excellent job Ice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif you saved me alot of work lol.

And urbanspikeus, the Flash sig is something I made a few years ago in Flash (obviously lol.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-12 22:00 ]</font>

SJ
Apr 13, 2004, 03:49 AM
I'm not sure if ALL you're list is right cos i aint checkin.
But it aint a Photon Claw Sue is using it's a Neis Claw (fake)
And Kireek never uses Soul Eater in the whole game its a Soul Banish.

urbanspikeus
Apr 13, 2004, 05:20 AM
everyone, thank you soo much! you have really helped me, and yes, i am a newbie even though im lvl 28 and my varaha is 73.

i was mistaken by the daggers that are actually blade dance, (they look nothing like daggers) the other things i was questioning about were chain sawd, cross scar, flowen's sword and dragon slayer. but hey, i cant even kill dark falz on normal, so i'll never get these things seeing as there all on hard, V.hard and ultimate. plus, im REDRIA so i cant get em anyways. thank you all so much.

urbanspikeus

special thanks to: violet skye
xero_silvera
SJ
Evil_athena8

and a extra special thanks to: IceBurner!!

CHEERS Y'ALL! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PurplePower1
Apr 14, 2004, 11:56 PM
how is your Varaha doing, what are the stats?

VioletSkye
Apr 15, 2004, 12:04 AM
yeah there are a few errors in Ice's list bbut overall still a nice job. I still say the initial wep weilded by the Humar is Yamato (since its more blue than green.)