PDA

View Full Version : FOmarl Shot animation

Polar
Apr 13, 2004, 12:54 PM
As most people know, a FOmarl with an Inferno Bazooka has an abnormally fast Shot animation. I'm just wondering whether all the FOmarl's shot animations are fast. I know the FOmarl can't equip any other shots, but (I think) I know there are God/Equip methods for both Gamecube and XBox. If it's ok to ask, can anyone tell me whether the FOmarl's other shot animations are really fast?

oeagrus
Apr 13, 2004, 01:07 PM
Been playing a FOmarl for nearly two years now... the only weapon I've ever noticed lightning-fast animation on is the Inferno Bazooka. And I only found that out by investigating PSOW's "Suggested Ideal Equipment" article.

She does pretty well with a Red Handgun also, but I don't think her animation is any quicker than any other character.

Polar
Apr 13, 2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply... but I'm talking about her shot animation. She can't equip any other shots, as far as I know, so there's no way to check this without cheating. Has anyone - Gamecube or XBox - been able to equip another shot to see whether it's just her shot animation in general is different? I'm fairly sure there's no such thing as an animation modifier on individual weapons.

Robo47
Apr 13, 2004, 09:25 PM
Give me a minute and I'll check.

Soukosa
Apr 14, 2004, 09:21 PM
On the PC version, the animation for all weapons that use a shot animation, go at the same speed. I doubt that ST would change it in Ep 1&2.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 14, 2004, 09:41 PM
ST changed multiple things from the DC and PC versions for GC and X-box. (You don't drop your stuff when you die for one, and for another thing too many weapons have changed stats.)

Sometimes I think that fast Shot animation on FOmarls may have been a glitch that was overlooked.

heyf00L
Apr 15, 2004, 12:51 PM
ST changed stuff? Hey thanks for the update!

OMG! I just checked and ST also added a new EPISODE to the game! No joke, there were changes made!

Soukosa
Apr 15, 2004, 02:12 PM
On 2004-04-14 19:41, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
ST changed multiple things from the DC and PC versions for GC and X-box. (You don't drop your stuff when you die for one, and for another thing too many weapons have changed stats.)

Well, that stuff makes sense. They'd have to change the stats of all the ver 2 weapons since they lowered the DFP and EVP stats of the enemies and leaving them that way, would make them too powerful. What I was referring to, was why would ST change it so that other weapons that use that animation, if there's only one weapon in the game that uses that animation for that class? Besides, I don't think the game is capable of adjusting animation speed like that. All they can really do is put in a speed boost that would have the same affect as adding a battle unit, like the Sonic Knuckles, for instance.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Apr 15, 2004, 08:56 PM
On 2004-04-15 10:51, heyf00L wrote:
ST changed stuff? Hey thanks for the update!

OMG! I just checked and ST also added a new EPISODE to the game! No joke, there were changes made!

Gee thanks, I'll ask for your input next time I forget to quote someone else.

Polar
Apr 18, 2004, 01:31 PM
Sounomi et al;
some classes have some different animations for different weapon types. E.g. RAmarls have a VERY different handgun animation from other RAngers, and FOmarls have a different animation again. however, within each class, different weapons of the same type (e.g. all dagggers) NEVER have different animations. From this, I think it's more likely that FOmarls have a really speedy shot animation, rather than having a normal-speed shot animation with the Inferno Bazooka having its own specific animation.
I'm just asking anyone with a god/equip glitch to check this out.

PurplePower2
Apr 19, 2004, 11:43 AM
*and all of a sudden bang Fomarl kills you with a Justy

Polar
Apr 20, 2004, 06:37 AM
On 2004-04-19 09:43, PurplePower2 wrote:
*and all of a sudden bang Fomarl kills you with a Justy

Thanks for that... ehm, useful comment.
Again, can anyone actually tell me first hand whether the animations are faster?