PDA

View Full Version : wireless connections

jeffersonfan
Apr 13, 2004, 03:12 PM
It stinks not being able to play online.... My parents won't let me get online because it the computers so far away from the gamecube and for us to have online we would need wires all over the house or have to drill holes all in the walls which they won't do.... i've heard about wireless internet connections for phantasy star but i've also heard that u need to have wireless internet for ur computer, is this true, and do u know of any solutions i could have to my problems! thanks for ur help

StrongBad
Apr 13, 2004, 03:42 PM
Bring a TV and the gamecube in the same room as your computer. Thats what I do. I just use a small 13 inch TV so it doesn't take up that much room.

punkasssss
Apr 13, 2004, 05:38 PM
you should be able to get a wireless router and hook up your gamecube and computer to it. I think you can get a cheap one for around 70 bucks, but don't quote me on the price.

Mixfortune
Apr 13, 2004, 07:12 PM
You can use wireless connections as a means of a replacement to wires, but you would need two wireless modules to communicate with each other. The ones I have for system linking each cost $80. For a wireless connection using the Gamecube, you would need two of those, one at the Gamecube and one at the connection itself. That alone is $160.

An alternative is purchasing a VGA adapter that will allow you to use the AV inputs and play through your computer monitor and speakers. I'm not sure of the cost, but it may be worth looking into if you don't mind tying up the computer while using the Gamecube.

This seems like a question that will get better answers in the Tech Support forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-04-13 17:17 ]</font>