PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Knights and Nintendo Part Ways

Pancake
Apr 13, 2004, 03:35 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

http://cube.ign.com/articles/506/506189p1.html

Deathscythealpha
Apr 13, 2004, 04:50 PM
Well, its nothing to big. In the whole four years of the exclusivity theyve only put out two games. One was great but didnt seem to meet a wide market and the other was a remake with rather silly cutscenes (i hate bullet time now) and not much longevity.

And they havent left Ninty all together, so thats ok.

Pancake
Apr 13, 2004, 05:03 PM
PSF'in2 Better not get Too Human

Sord
Apr 13, 2004, 05:09 PM
well, I'd say this is more of an improvement. There is still nothing keeping them from making games with Nintendo, while at the same time they can make games for other systems. All benefit, and I see nothing wrong with it. It might even allow for a game they make to be released on all three systems instead of just one. After all, not everyone has PS2, X-box, and GC. Heck, all I have is a GC.

Cheep
Apr 13, 2004, 05:18 PM
Who are they >.> <.< >.> Sorry,what games did they make? I get my gaming companies mixed up >.< That and I didn't have many games for my n64 and only 2 for my snes(I was like 3 when I got it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ).

The_Pea_Guy
Apr 13, 2004, 05:36 PM
On 2004-04-13 15:18, Cheep wrote:
Who are they >.> <.< >.> Sorry,what games did they make? I get my gaming companies mixed up >.< That and I didn't have many games for my n64 and only 2 for my snes(I was like 3 when I got it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ).

Silicon Knights is the company that made Eternal Darkness and MGS: Twin Snakes - two great games exclusively for the Gamecube.

Well, I'm not too bothered by the news that Silicon's contract with Nintendo has expired at all. Doesn't neccessarily mean that they've fallen out and Silicon is no longer making games on Nintendo's machine anymore. Silicon is still going to make games for Nintendo, but the only difference will be is that they probably won't be exclusive titles.

Outrider
Apr 13, 2004, 07:45 PM
Still, it's not the greatest sign for Nintendo. What with the third-party companies dropping support (to be fair, most of them were releasing terrible games anyway), Capcom dropping the exclusivity status on all but one of their "Capcom 5" games...

To be fair, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure an Eternal Darkness sequel will find its way to Nintendo.

But let's be serious here: Too Human is never going to be released.

Well, at least not soon.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 13, 2004, 08:01 PM
But let's be serious here: Too Human is never going to be released.

Quoted for emphisis.

While this definatly is NOT good for nintendo, seeing as nintendo only really has two good second party developers for the gamecube (Silicon Knights and Retro Studios) and now it's down to one. The 'cube is showing that it's days are numbered.
And capcom are picky bastards anyways.

Outrider
Apr 13, 2004, 08:29 PM
On 2004-04-13 18:01, SpikeOtacon wrote:
And capcom are picky bastards anyways.

They are, but Resident Evil 4 will be rockin'.

*Currently in the middle of beating the RE games in chronological order. And yes, I'm splitting up Resident Evil 3 properly.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-04-13 18:31 ]</font>

Skett
Apr 14, 2004, 06:13 PM
I think this sucks. SK was one of the best developers and with each game they brought something new and/or original. Sure they might not have had many games published (and for the record, they made 6 games) but each one was great. Well, first Rare, now SK. Only Zoonami (with 0 games to its name) and Retro Studios (1 game to their name).

And Too Human will be shown for the Cube at this years E3. Nintendo already confermed it.

Outrider
Apr 14, 2004, 06:25 PM
And now Factor 5 won't be developing games for Nintendo's systems anymore. Things are looking bleak.

Y'know, I thought Factor 5 was making a new Pilotwings game for the GCNext. Guess that's been scrapped now.

Orange_kid
Apr 15, 2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif grr, there just gonna be bought up by Microsoft (like every company...)! It really does start to look bleak, but this happened at the end of 64, and it turned out Nintendo got other companies to fill the void. Things just shuffle around constantly, thats just how it is. Oh yea, I agree with Deathscythealpha, they REALLY overdid bullet time.

Pancake
Apr 15, 2004, 12:55 PM
I was always a die hard Nintendo Fan boy but when Nintendo said No Online I had to go out and buy an XBox as well. I can say that i am happy with it. I mean really guys buy a Gamecube and XBox for the best gaming exp. But the only thing I am worried about it PS2 getting stuff like Too Human. Outrider it was and still is I guess a Launch game for the next Big N system, I think I heard this on IGN last summer?

Outrider
Apr 15, 2004, 01:23 PM
Pancake, one of these days you'll learn not to take release dates as God-given truth, especially with games that have been hyped up or delayed over a long time.

Seriously though, it's probably very likely for Too Human to have another delay.