PDA

View Full Version : RAcaseal+(insert ID here)=Awesome?

Boothead
Apr 13, 2004, 04:47 PM
Help meee!
Which ID should I make my RAcaseal? I already have a Redria, so im looking at Greenill, Purplenum, or Whitll (which I heard was good)
Anybody?

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 04:51 PM
I think Purplenum covers all interesting Greennill drops + has better ones.

Now look at the drop charts for Purplenum and Whitill and choose which is the best to you, or choose according to your name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-04-13 14:52 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 13, 2004, 04:52 PM
Ppurplenum is just a better Greenill, so narrow it down to just Purplenum vs Whitill

Now look at the drops and compare: While I'm not a Section ID expert, I beleive if you wanted a melee RAcaseal, Whitill, Shooting one, Purplenum.

EDIT: Gah, Kef types/thinks faster than me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-04-13 14:53 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 13, 2004, 04:56 PM
If you are going to go all out ranged attacked weapons then x everything out and use Purplenum. If you want a lil bit of HU type items such as ???/Battle's etc, then Whitill would be good.

VulpesMundi
Apr 14, 2004, 06:24 AM
Rifles are the mainstay of Greennill. This is the only ID that finds the Yasminkov 3000R. You might be able to locate a Spread Needle and Bringer's Right Arm with this ID. This ID also has one of the easiest Guard Wave drops in the game.

Mechguns are the mainstay of Purplenum. This is the only ID that finds the Yasminkov 9000M. You might be able to locate a Spread Needle and Bringer's Right Arm with this ID. Don't expect to find much useful armor for a RAcaseal, though.

Slicers are the mainstay of Whitill, but this ID also finds a decent amount of mechguns. This is the only ID that finds the Flight Fan and the Handgun:Milla (it also finds Handgun:Guld, so it could lead to a Guld Milla - both guns are extremely rare though). You'll also have a decent shot at an Electro Frame and Rico's Earring.

All three of these IDs can find a Frozen Shooter, Ruby Bullet, and Parts of Baranz. Basically you should base your decision on what suits your tastes more. You might consider perusing drop charts to see the specific drops for each.

Skagen
Apr 14, 2004, 04:40 PM
I have had great success with my ranger with a greenil id, and i have had rangers with purplenum and whitil, and I don't know if it was all pure luck that I've had great success with greenil, I just know that greenil suits me. So, I would reccomend greenil from my experience.

Sanjifire
Apr 14, 2004, 04:58 PM
My racaseal is a whitill and I personally think the drops are good now that I know them. I just choose a name I want and go with it when making a character. I've gotten nice IDs from doing that.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 14, 2004, 05:17 PM
My purplenum ramarl is awsome, i love mechs. She finds plenty of great stuff, and gets alot of the good greennill stuff my friends ramar does. So, if i were you, i'd go purplenum ^.^
-xero

TiRune
Apr 15, 2004, 12:52 AM
I use the greenill ID on mine and I found a Frozen shooter + yas 3k + spread needle. If I could remake I would choose purplenum though since I already have the greenill weaps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (also have Guard wave, but it isnt that great, I like my D-parts and S-parts better)

ReaperX
Apr 15, 2004, 01:26 AM
I know how choosing a new ID can be. Anyway, I'd say that choosing an ID will have its ups and downs. Like if you choose Purplenum, you can find mostly mechguns and pistols if you choose this one. If you get Whitill, then you'll find a wide variety of weapons on very hard and ultimate. So think long and hard on your decision.

Eihwaz
Apr 15, 2004, 01:56 AM
Purplenum is really good, but so is Whitill. If you were being a RAmar/cast, I'd say Purplenum hands down. But, since RAcaseals can use the powerful Rico's Earrings...

Purplenum is probably better, especially if you have a higher-level FOrce. Psycho Wand, anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

But, uh, yeah. What everyone else said pro-Purplenum/Whitill.

Garm
Apr 15, 2004, 01:57 AM
if you dont have 2 rangers make greennill otherwise make the other purplenum id and its ra fun for you

PsychoMantis
Apr 15, 2004, 02:01 AM
go w/ whitill, those got lots of exclusive items and some really good ones too. i think that's an awesome ID. also gets meteor cudgel easily. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

iamfanboy
Apr 15, 2004, 02:23 AM
EVERYONE goes Purplenum with Rangers.

Very few people go Whitill.

I went Whitill with my FOnewearl (which makes me a very sad 'wearl; wish I'd've made her Pinkal...) but I've been getting some durn nifty drops, aside from too many slicers.

Whitill might not've been the best choice for a Force, but it wouldn't be too bad for a Ranger. Go the road less traveled with Whitill, and see if you can get a Handgun:Milla to make all those Purplenums jealous.

......Of course, all this is my own opinion; I've been personally regretting not having a high-level Purplenum to nab some of the niftier rares...

rena-ko
Apr 15, 2004, 03:39 AM
use an ID that has decent drops in ult caves. youre a bot, so offline you'll have a tough stand in ruins and seabed unless you get yourself a frozen shooter and take twice as long per stage.
plan in several pb/creates (easy drop for whitill -> dubchic vhard) and a mag with m&y.

purplenum is very nice and once you have a yasminkov 9M you will wonder how you lived without one so far. it easily replaces most of the rifles and mechguns out there.

since you have a redria already, you dont have to worry about armor that much. DF field (redria, ult ruins merlan) is a good one.

anyway, good luck.

SJ
Apr 15, 2004, 03:48 AM
well im not to sure about purplenum so....
Greenil can pick up a visk in hard forest which can help.
Viridia can get a crush bullet early on too.
Whitil can pick up slicer of assasin and rare mechs (cant remeber the name) which help alot if you're a RAcast.

PsychoMantis
Apr 15, 2004, 04:36 AM
On 2004-04-15 01:48, SJ wrote:
well im not to sure about purplenum so....
Greenil can pick up a visk in hard forest which can help.
Viridia can get a crush bullet early on too.
Whitil can pick up slicer of assasin and rare mechs (cant remeber the name) which help alot if you're a RAcast.

guld milla maybe? lol and i have a racast, what a coincedence. altho this aint about me.ya whitill gets handgun:milla and guld which makes guld milla obviously.

iamfanboy
Apr 15, 2004, 05:11 AM
*snort* Yeah, but what's the chance of even ONE Guld or Milla dropping?

...according to this, 1/28808 from either of the enemies that drop it.

Wow, that's a lot of killin' to do in order to get just ONE of those.

Both?

How many legit Guld Millas have you seen floating around, versus the odds of getting the Yas 9k on Purplenum?

^_^ Am I being a devil's advocate today or what?

I've changed my mind. I'd say, if none of your buds have Purplenum, go for it. You shouldn't be too disappointed, and you'll always have something good for your trouble. My Greennil hasn't seen THAT many durn rifles; you won't be missing out on too much that you can't get otherwise.

SJ
Apr 15, 2004, 05:16 AM
nonono
Im speaking about weps easy to get early on!
Its the one you can find in hard forest...
It's one of the three nine star mechs.

lain2k3
Apr 15, 2004, 05:32 AM
The weapons you get on hard mode dont matter.

and be very glad that you made you fonewearl whitill, IMO there is NO reason to choose pinkal over whitill. There is also a good reason people choose purplenum over whitill for rangers. spread needle and yas9k. eventually, those are all the weapons you could ever need as a ranger.

SJ
Apr 15, 2004, 07:05 AM
aaaa yes but if you're a hardcore rare hunter you'll go to others games for spread needle and then you'd go for the guld milla.
Which is better than yasminkov 9000 M right?
Except for range...

Boothead
Apr 17, 2004, 02:19 PM
Well, taking into consideration on what you guys have been saying, its down to purplenum and whitill...im liking the idea of the 9000 mechs though...
Hmmm...
Well, another question. Which is better? A RAmarl, or a RAcaseal? My friends need a support (S/D/J/Z) person, but, I would like someone powerful for myself...

iamfanboy
Apr 17, 2004, 02:25 PM
RAmarls are plenty powerful in and of themselves, my friend. Heck, right now I'm having fun with a GOD HAND, a power mag, and sundry nastiness in the forest looking for a frozen shooter. I'm a high enough level that screwing around is safe...r.

Never underestimate the power of J/Z/S/D, buddy, and if it's what your buddies need, well... this game is about playing with friends, right?