PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring?

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 13, 2004, 05:39 PM
I thought at first this was a Whitill exclusive but it says ceratin ID's find it from Dark Falz, Whitill having the best chance of finding it, is this just a hack or is there any way to get this, cuz i thought Dark Falz had a 0% drop rate, is this true?
But damn the stats on Red Ring are insane.

LWK
Apr 13, 2004, 05:43 PM
I am interested as well. I wish I could some how find a accurate way of getting this.
I wish seeing Rico would like enable the boss to drop it.
So many nice rumors.

(PS: Killer rank, Suikoden is my favorite rpg series, cant wait for IV)

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 13, 2004, 05:52 PM
oh yeah? you a big suiko fan aswell? thats awsome, yeah its a great series i too cant wait till the next game,its gonna be good.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 13, 2004, 06:07 PM
i wish it were obtainable too, but like a lot of people on this board have said, it cannot be obtained, simply because sonic team have not activated the drops for the items obtainable from the end bosses..

and they will stay at 0% on the drop charts until sonic team do something otherwise

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 13, 2004, 06:17 PM
damn thats sux!, well i have another question what is so great about Rico's glasses, i looked at its stats and it says DEF +1 & EVP +1 and thats all? is there anything else special about this item other than the fact that its a collector's item?
Does it have some sorta of special power or sumtin...

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:17, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
damn thats sux!, well i have another question what is so great about Rico's glasses, i looked at its stats and it says DEF +1 & EVP +1 and thats all? is there anything else special about this item other than the fact that its a collector's item?
Does it have some sorta of special power or sumtin...

I am fairly sure it is an automatic Trap Search. Not too bad, but the fact it is FOmarl only makes it kinda... "meh".

Dragon_Ash
Apr 13, 2004, 06:19 PM
yes, it's like a trap vison, by equipping it you can see all traps in the room similar to what androids can do... though it's only equippable by Fomarls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

[beaten to it by ketchup ~_~]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-13 16:21 ]</font>

Xero_Silvera
Apr 13, 2004, 06:24 PM
You know what would be nice? If the rico set was similiar to db/delsaber/team 00 sets. Wear the red ring, earrings and glasses to do something special (ricos soul reincarnates into your body allowing you to use extra hidden spells or somethin, haha)
And if ricos glasses have trap vision, what do the earrings do? =
-xero

Jason
Apr 13, 2004, 06:28 PM
I thought there is a way to obtain it from performing a glitch. Here's this method you can do in Single Player Mode:

1. Hold a weapon that can drain your HP to 0 that you don't have to attack with (for example, weilding a Lavis weapon, equipping a Twin Blaze/Yami, etc).

2. Don't die with it yet.

3. Kill Dark Falzy.

4. While you're in the area, don't enter the transporter.

5. Die from the weapon that can drains HP to 0.

6. Now in Pioneer 2, return to the area where you defeated Dark Falz.

7. Now there's a chance for a Red Ring to be there.

I don't know if it have to be in the right mode, and I don't know if that method does work.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 06:28 PM
but... err... Rico's Glasses, Rico's Earrings and Red Ring are all shields o_O
Multi-equip ?

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 13, 2004, 06:29 PM
i have no idea what the earrings would do,but i guess Ricos glasses are sorta similar to sense plate, altho forces cannot equip,Sense plate has better stats but a higher lvl required to equip.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 13, 2004, 07:10 PM
*grumble* didnt realise that they were all shields >= i guess rico was a multi equip
[]-[]//-\><><(())|2 =p
Also.. why would dieng have any affect on the drop of red ring? It is a 0% drop rate.... even if you could come back in single player mode.
-xero

Ketchup345
Apr 13, 2004, 07:15 PM
On 2004-04-13 17:10, Xero_Silvera wrote:
*grumble* didnt realise that they were all shields >= i guess rico was a multi equip
[]-[]//-><><(())|2 =p
Also.. why would dieng have any affect on the drop of red ring? It is a 0% drop rate.... even if you could come back in single player mode.
-xero

There was something a while ago that said it was possible if you died then came back. I have not personally tested it yet (did see if the first steps worked in Hard Flow though).

It doesn't force the item to drop, just makes it a chance to drop. Some would call it legit, some would call it a variation of the telepipe trick (which almost everyone considers legit).

Dragon_Ash
I tried the single player thing in ultimate mode with olga flow... it had a soul eater and luminous field equppied... took a good hour or two to die... i used a red saber for the whole battle.. went back to find an empty room... no spirit there ^_-

Cc08
I thought there is a way to obtain it from performing a glitch. Here's this method you can do in Single Player Mode:

1. Hold a weapon that can drain your HP to 0 that you don't have to attack with (for example, weilding a Lavis weapon, equipping a Twin Blaze/Yami, etc).

2. Don't die with it yet.

3. Kill Dark Falzy.

4. While you're in the area, don't enter the transporter.

5. Die from the weapon that can drains HP to 0.

6. Now in Pioneer 2, return to the area where you defeated Dark Falz.

7. Now there's a chance for a Red Ring to be there.

I don't know if it have to be in the right mode, and I don't know if that method does work. That is an unproven theory that Sounomi came up with. It looks as if it may work, but I don't really think it is a glitch.

LWK
Apr 13, 2004, 08:52 PM
haha I wish the red weapons letters would clue us to this.

IE:

I derive cliff/heath from combining them. Probably missing letters, as those names mean nothing.

Maybe take the weapons with you when you see rico?
Nothing will happen, the ideas are kinda fun though.

Hrith
Apr 13, 2004, 10:30 PM
On 2004-04-13 16:29, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
i have no idea what the earrings would do,but i guess Ricos glasses are sorta similar to sense plate, altho forces cannot equip,Sense plate has better stats but a higher lvl required to equip.
Earrings are a good shield for all females with a required lv of 133, it looks cool too, but does nothing otherwise.
Rico's glasses are better than Sense Plate in a way, since it is less important to lose DFP bonus from a shield than an armour.
Also, the best Sense Plate I found had 34 DFP, to me it could be 1, it would be the same.
Lastly, Lv requirement for Glasses is superior to Sense Plate, respectively 148 and 144.

Polar
Apr 14, 2004, 07:41 AM
On 2004-04-13 18:52, LWK wrote:
haha I wish the red weapons letters would clue us to this.

IE:

I derive cliff/heath from combining them. Probably missing letters, as those names mean nothing.

Um.... HeathCliff? Flowen?

Primrose
Apr 14, 2004, 07:51 AM
On 2004-04-13 17:15, Cc08 wrote:
That is an unproven theory that Sounomi came up with. It looks as if it may work, but I don't really think it is a glitch.

Sounomi came up with this, you say? I have never seen her mentioning this...? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

However, if this method is proven correct, it should be a proof that the drop of the item involves coming back to the boss room, meaning, probably that Rico/Flowen drops it.
It seems funny anyway that the drop rate is set to 0%, my guess is theres a trigger for the dropping of the item.

MagnumOpus
Apr 14, 2004, 08:05 AM
red ring is not available yet? damn hackers/dupers, everybody and their mother has got a red ring, I wish sonic team would do something!

Rainbowlemon
Apr 14, 2004, 02:52 PM
I say everyone on the site tries this method twice. Statistics say that, unless the drop rate is phenomenally high, at least one person will find it.

Also, If this was the case for Falz, why not for Flow? Makes you wonder...Maybe this is the way the Olga Flow DNA is supposed to be found?

~ Antimony

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 03:01 PM
Also, If this was the case for Falz, why not for Flow? Makes you wonder...Maybe this is the way the Olga Flow DNA is supposed to be found?

The only person ever to get it found it that way

Xero_Silvera
Apr 14, 2004, 03:09 PM
What difficulties can this method be used to find the red ring from falz, and do the drop rates vary from each difficulty?
(I heard it was 1/64)
-xero

Solstis
Apr 14, 2004, 03:18 PM
On 2004-04-14 05:51, Primrose wrote:

That is an unproven theory that Sounomi came up with. It looks as if it may work, but I don't really think it is a glitch.

Sounomi came up with this, you say? I have never seen her mentioning this...? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

However, if this method is proven correct, it should be a proof that the drop of the item involves coming back to the boss room, meaning, probably that Rico/Flowen drops it.
It seems funny anyway that the drop rate is set to 0%, my guess is theres a trigger for the dropping of the item.

I always thought Sounomi is a guy *shrugs* (mentioned in Off-Topic).

But I have seen Rico, forgot how... someone either had a (hacked) dark weapon or a red weapon equipped, and we went back in after beating Falz.

Online, by the way.

Nothing dropped... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ketchup345
Apr 14, 2004, 03:28 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:18, Solstis wrote:

Sou is a She. She didn't come up with that theory, it is an abridged version of one posted a while ago, that as far as I know is untested.

Hrith
Apr 14, 2004, 03:31 PM
I tried the online and offline multi-player version of that theory well over 80 times (both Rico and Flowen).

I tried the offline version 10 times.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Ketchup345
Apr 14, 2004, 03:38 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:31, Kef wrote:
I tried the online and offline multi-player version of that theory well over 80 times (both Rico and Flowen).

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Sou's site says 1/64. You may have gotten unlucky. Remember how random this game is (99 rare enemies for a 1/22 drop, 40 rare enemies for a 1/2 drop?)?

Keep trying, especially offline.

Solstis
Apr 14, 2004, 03:47 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:28, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-04-14 13:18, Solstis wrote:

Sou is a She. She didn't come up with that theory, it is an abridged version of one posted a while ago, that as far as I know is untested.

Yeah, I looked.

... oops.

Sorry!

Anyway, I've seen Rico online, and I'm sure that she's viewable offline... bud I wouldn't expect any drops.

Ah, the joys of random appearances/drops.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 14, 2004, 04:06 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:09, Xero_Silvera wrote:
What difficulties can this method be used to find the red ring from falz, and do the drop rates vary from each difficulty?
(I heard it was 1/64)
-xero

Hrith
Apr 14, 2004, 04:10 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:38, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-04-14 13:31, Kef wrote:

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Sou's site says 1/64. You may have gotten unlucky. Remember how random this game is (99 rare enemies for a 1/22 drop, 40 rare enemies for a 1/2 drop?)?

Keep trying, especially offline.

I will, Ketchup, I will, I was not trying to say it's wrong, just sharing my experience.

Ketchup345
Apr 14, 2004, 04:11 PM
(I heard it was 1/64)
-xero

http://www.housoka.com/pso/findings/enemy.php?enemy=45

Xero_Silvera
Apr 14, 2004, 04:15 PM
Howd i know housoka link was about to be posted.... Thx ketchup
-xero
ps: Skyly Red Ring (9) ********* 1/64 lol i cant kill dal ral lie on ult yet, how da fudge am i spose to be able to test the drop on ult falz >.<

Rainbowlemon
Apr 14, 2004, 05:55 PM
On 2004-04-14 14:11, Ketchup345 wrote:

(I heard it was 1/64)
-xero

http://www.housoka.com/pso/findings/enemy.php?enemy=45

"This site is closed to normal users and the public at the moment"

Primrose
Apr 14, 2004, 06:05 PM
Sounomi is updating the page at the moment, its not like its going to last forever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

iamfanboy
Apr 15, 2004, 03:27 AM
According to that, Whitill has the 'best' chance of getting it?

...so where did this "0% drop rate" info come from, if this 1/37 or 1/64 comes from people looking at the game code itself?

Primrose
Apr 15, 2004, 03:38 AM
The 1/64 thing, is the item rarity.
Enemies, and therefore bosses have a drop anything rate, so to calculate these numbers for the drop chart, you have to factor in drop anything rates and item rarity.
You see, these bosses act very different from any other enemy in the game...

heyf00L
Apr 15, 2004, 12:59 PM
On 2004-04-15 01:27, iamfanboy wrote:
According to that, Whitill has the 'best' chance of getting it?

...so where did this "0% drop rate" info come from, if this 1/37 or 1/64 comes from people looking at the game code itself?

Thar be 2 drop rates. A drop ANYTHING rate and a rare drop rate. The Olga/Falz drop anything rate is indeed 0. The 1/37 and 1/64 is the rare drop rate alone just so you'd know that the items are assigned to those bosses. But I guessing putting those numbers there just confused more people than it helped so I removed them from my chart. I dunno why Sounomi person has them up.

DezoPenguin
Apr 15, 2004, 01:10 PM
My understanding was that most drop rate charts are calculated with both the drop-anything rate and the rare-drop rate included, i.e. if a monster has a 1/10 drop-anything rate and a 1/5 rare-drop rate the charts would list "1/50" as the chance of getting the rare (1/10 x 1/5)?

Primrose
Apr 15, 2004, 01:57 PM
On 2004-04-15 11:10, DezoPenguin wrote:
My understanding was that most drop rate charts are calculated with both the drop-anything rate and the rare-drop rate included, i.e. if a monster has a 1/10 drop-anything rate and a 1/5 rare-drop rate the charts would list "1/50" as the chance of getting the rare (1/10 x 1/5)?

Exactly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thats why Olga/Falz behave rather strange, because their drop anything rates are set to 0%.