PDA

View Full Version : Dice

Sharkyland
Apr 13, 2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not going to talk about why I hate them or anything, but... is it me or does the dice sometimes stop on the dime or sometimes stop and then move to a different number?

Like I get a 5, stays a 5.
Like I get a 6, it moves to a 2.

Game peeves me off when I'm happy to get a 4,3, but suddenly the 4 turns into a 1.

Getintothegame
Apr 13, 2004, 07:30 PM
Lag (I have that problem)? Or could it be that:

Def and AP are normally swithced (If you get a better DEF, it becomes your AP, but not vice-versa), unless it is disabled when you set up a team.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-04-13 17:31 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Apr 13, 2004, 08:08 PM
I seriously don't think it's lag. I mean everything else is running smoothly. Do they think they are trying to imitate real dice because it flucuates for a second. Sometimes when you get a high number it favors a low number. I think it's too weird to be a lag.

Here:
Play a team... when you already have rolled your dice giving you a set number, do you see when the computer rolls and it almost becomes exact to your number, but one number switches (the one most probably rolling still).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-04-13 18:09 ]</font>

Kanore
Apr 13, 2004, 08:26 PM
I get what you're getting sometimes too, even more on the 'Judge' roll for abnormalities.

Just imagine though; sometimes when you're playing a board game with dice, a dice that's leaning on a 6 might tip over and turn into a 2.

Sharkyland
Apr 14, 2004, 03:22 AM
Holy hell, I had some lag on ep3 servers today. I could see my dice roll one number at a time for 5 times in row. It sucks to see what dice you could've gotten.

It was like 2,1 then 6,5 then 1,3 then 4,2 then 3,1... argh.

Deus-Irae
Apr 14, 2004, 04:30 AM
heh, yeah the dice do that all the time. it can be frustrating thinking you got a great roll and it turns to crap right before your eyes. but the revers happens too.

do not hate the dice! you must embrace te dice and accept the good and the bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(mmmm, i love it when my opponent hates the dice...!)

Skorpius
Apr 14, 2004, 05:38 AM
If you've played Mario Party games, you'll know this is common with game dice -.-

Sharkyland
Apr 14, 2004, 10:19 AM
Not all the mini games depends on dice. Usually I don't care what dice roll I get in Mario Party. Usually I was the best button masher, then I taught this one girl, and she literally smokes people. ._.

Aunt_Betty
Apr 14, 2004, 11:27 AM
Must be lag. But I agree with getinthegame, that could ave been disabled.

Myopathy
Apr 14, 2004, 09:07 PM
The dice in the game are not random. For one thing, the dice roll that determines who gets to go first are not random in that they cannot be equal. I think if they are suppose to be random, the random number generator they use is not very good.

SpishackCola
Apr 18, 2004, 07:20 PM
I don't think its lag all the time. I do agree with the person who said that it might be trying to imitate a die slowing down but still rolling over a corner to another number.

Sharkyland
Apr 20, 2004, 12:54 AM
I wonder what the dice code looks like...

a = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6} // atk
b = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6} // def
c = 0 //dice +1, +2, +3, etc. type things
d = 0 //new atk (part I)
e = 0 //new def (part I)
f = 0 //new atk (part II)
g = 0 //new def (part II)

random a
random b
d = a + c
e = b + c

if d > e,
then f = d & g = e
if d < e,
then f = e & g = d

end

for just random number but for dice slowly stopping a bit, I wonder how that would be included (of course, this random thingie doesn't include dice half or set rolls like 3,3)

Deus-Irae
Apr 20, 2004, 04:12 AM
its not lag. what the original poster was talking about is something that happens every time you play the game, online or off.

the die slows to a roll, it dosent stop on a dime every time.

Deus-Irae
Apr 20, 2004, 04:19 AM
its not lag. what the original poster was talking about is something that happens every time you play the game, online or off.

the die slows to a roll, it dosent stop on a dime every time.