PDA

View Full Version : Story line question...

DurakkenX
Apr 14, 2004, 02:18 AM
According to the Story Falz posseses the most suitable host...Wouldn't that of been Flowen...or should we assume Rico is actually stronger and such compared to Flowen...an Evil consciousness would look for strength and stupidity...Rico seems to be the opposite

mr_rubbish
Apr 14, 2004, 02:38 AM
Maybe Falz was looking for a purely physical host, the host's mind was irrelevant.

Also perhaps he could not risk posessing Flowen while other soldiers were nearby. He might be vunerable during the process and Rico did face him alone.

Or maybe Falz was not strong enough at the time he emerged?

Outrider
Apr 14, 2004, 09:01 AM
Isn't it possible that Rico was just an all-around better host? Perhaps Flowen had more training and was physically stronger, but maybe Rico was actually the stronger one, had agility, speed, and a younger body that could handle more shock of being possessed.

Well, only maybe.

Sharkyland
Apr 14, 2004, 10:14 AM
I thought Rico and Flowen were working on different jobs. Flowen working in the undersea beds while Rico was at the control center. When the explosion occured, Flowen probably got contaminated with D-cells and well Rico went to figure out what happened or what caused the explosion.

If Flowen did get possessed by Falz, how come we didn't see any messages from him in the Ruins?

DezoPenguin
Apr 14, 2004, 10:25 AM
If I have the timeline right, Flowen was infected with the D-cellular material in the initial fight against Falz's first emergence and the Ruins creatures.

He was then subjected to Osto's experiments with Olga and further D-cell evolution.

Then came the explosion, wiping out everyone but Rico (Flowen's messages point this out).

Therefore, I'd suggest one (or more than one) of the following reasons apply:

1) Rico was merely a more compatible body, perhaps because she was younger and had more potential, or perhaps because of some mystic/psychic factor beyond the obvious assessment of skills and abilities.

2) Unlike Rico, who was drawn on unknowingly into the Ruins, Flowen already had been there and knew what was to be found. He would not have made the same mistakes and walked into Falz's "invitation."

3) (my favorite) If Falz was only able to amass the power to possess a "perfect body" when he caused the explosion, by this time Flowen had already been transformed into Olga Flow; this distorted combination of computer technology, D-cells, and distorted science was no longer a perfect body--no longer suitable the way it might initially have been.

It's possible, even, that the "wounds" given to Flowen in the first battle represented an initial attempt by Falz to possess Flowen, an attempt that failed because of Flowen's will, Falz's lack of power after having been awakened, or the circumstances of the battle getting in the way.

Sharkyland
Apr 14, 2004, 10:40 AM
Now I'm reminded of Gundam G... the Devil Gundam does not need a man to support it, it needs a woman!!

Nai_Calus
Apr 14, 2004, 10:57 AM
Er, Sharky, Flowen himself states that he had no knowledge of the facility he was brought to until he was taken there. Plus, he describes seeing Dark Falz, presumably in the Ruins... How on earth do you get him being -assigned- to a top-secret research facility almost nobody knows about out of that? *confused* O_o;

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 14, 2004, 11:04 AM
On 2004-04-14 08:57, Ian-KunX wrote:
Er, Sharky, Flowen himself states that he had no knowledge of the facility he was brought to until he was taken there. Plus, he describes seeing Dark Falz, presumably in the Ruins... How on earth do you get him being -assigned- to a top-secret research facility almost nobody knows about out of that? *confused* O_o;

You read the messages in every difficulty with every character, don't you?

Nai_Calus
Apr 14, 2004, 11:38 AM
On 2004-04-14 09:04, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

You read the messages in every difficulty with every character, don't you?

XP

Only Normal and Ult for Ep1, and usually with every character through Ep2, which I usually just do on Ult to unlock SS/GDV/SB.

Why?

Dhylec
Apr 14, 2004, 12:09 PM
er, you guys can continue here..
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=73795&forum=12&292
auto has requested for a sticky so that story discussion can be in a single thread instead of pieces of it everywhere

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-04-15 08:31 ]</font>

navci
Apr 14, 2004, 01:29 PM
On 2004-04-14 08:40, Sharkyland wrote:
Now I'm reminded of Gundam G... the Devil Gundam does not need a man to support it, it needs a woman!!

Technically it is G Gundam. (as it refers to God Gundam, as is W Gundam instead of "Gundam Wing")... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhoo. Isn't there always this saying about how the female has this enormous potential in terms of power. While male might have the raw power, female have this big deep spiritual power that goes before physical and runs for a long time... or something.

Hence there is always this mysteriousness about them.

.... I don't know where that come from. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Outrider
Apr 14, 2004, 03:08 PM
On 2004-04-14 11:29, navi wrote:
Anyhoo. Isn't there always this saying about how the female has this enormous potential in terms of power. While male might have the raw power, female have this big deep spiritual power that goes before physical and runs for a long time... or something.

Navi, shouldn't you be baking us FKLers some pie?

*runs for life*

Shake
Apr 14, 2004, 03:10 PM
In my opinion, Rico is definitely more suitable to be the best host for Falz's assimilation plot. She's younger than Heathcliff and able to give birth. Godlike entities of resurrecting chaos always love the ladies, having them give birth to a bunch of baby-'godlike entities of resurrecting chaos' would be a total boost in their odds.

DezoPenguin
Apr 14, 2004, 03:21 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:10, Shake wrote:
In my opinion, Rico is definitely more suitable to be the best host for Falz's assimilation plot. She's younger than Heathcliff and able to give birth. Godlike entities of resurrecting chaos always love the ladies, having them give birth to a bunch of baby-'godlike entities of resurrecting chaos' would be a total boost in their odds.

...er...

Given the nature of the first seven or eight thoughts that struck me in response to that post, I obviously need intensive therapy.

Back on topic I would, however, like to point out that in the only other example of Dark Falz possessing a person instead of having an independent body of its own in the PS series, it was a man it possessed (the Governor of Motavia, in Phantasy Star I).

Solstis
Apr 14, 2004, 03:25 PM
Maybe Falz had been running around, influencing people longer in the other series, so he didn't need no stinkin' host?

Perhaps more hatred + anger in the other games for him to feed off of?

... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

M_BlackHawk
Apr 14, 2004, 11:10 PM
Guys, there is a topic for storyline discussion..and I'm not going to just suggest you use that thread.

*BlackHawk grabs another masterlock from his toolbox and slaps it on this thread.*

*LOCKED*