PDA

View Full Version : Luck???

sephiroth_pfo
Apr 14, 2004, 11:38 AM
I am totaly confused on what luck does alot of my friends say that it helps critical hits and alot of them say that it increases finding rare items also what is true???

TylerdurdenXP
Apr 14, 2004, 11:43 AM
just like in any other RPG luck affects the intangibles of the games. Such as item findings, critical hits for you and against you. Some say it also aids your evasion skill.

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 14, 2004, 11:43 AM
Critical hits and critical hits ONLY! It does NOT affect the chance of finding rares, it does NOT affect your chance of hitting with Megid, etc.

Cyger
Apr 14, 2004, 11:56 AM
If you read the manual, it explains it clear as day...

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 12:05 PM
On 2004-04-14 09:43, TylerdurdenXP wrote:
just like in any other RPG luck affects the intangibles of the games. Such as item findings, critical hits for you and against you. Some say it also aids your evasion skill.

You are so totally wrong. It ONLY affects critical hits for PSO. it will NOT affect your ability to find rares. Please make sure you understand something before spreading misinformation. This is exactly the problem I speak of frequently. People spouting off things that they know nothing about so that the rest of us have to try and fix it. This is also the reason that moronic rumors like Luck affecting rare item drops are so widespread.

Again, Luck ONLY AFFECTS YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING A CRITICAL HIT. Thats it. Nothing else.

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 12:06 PM
I know it does increase critical hits,even though I hit alot anyway. I also heard awhile back that it increases the chance of like barts techs freezing and zonde techs paralysing,but I don't know if there is any truth to it.

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 12:07 PM
Hey Sky, I have not seen you in a while *Sticks to topic* Uhh ya like they said it only effects criticals @_@

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 12:08 PM
On 2004-04-14 10:06, Cheep wrote:
I know it does increase critical hits,even though I hit alot anyway. I also heard awhile back that it increases the chance of like barts techs freezing and zonde techs paralysing,but I don't know if there is any truth to it.

Nope, you heard wrong. It has nothing to do with any techs. Critical hits. Thats it.

On 2004-04-14 10:07, Fredrick wrote:
Hey Sky, I have not seen you in a while *Sticks to topic* Uhh ya like they said it only effects criticals @_@

heh, thats weird. I've been on quite a bit. I just haven't posted in this forum much lately. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-14 10:12 ]</font>

KingChaos
Apr 14, 2004, 12:17 PM
it would be more useful if it helped findin items but damn it only affects criticals

Xero_Silvera
Apr 14, 2004, 12:18 PM
/Agree with Cyger
Luck is explained in the manual and has been checked by people who can go into the gamecode.

Luck ONLY affects critical hits.
-xero

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xero_Silvera on 2004-04-14 18:04 ]</font>

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 12:28 PM
I just did a test with rabarta. With 10 luck it froze the enemie 5/22 times. With 60 Luck it froze the enemie 10/22 times. Because its only out of 22* its hard to tell but I think people might want to look into this....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2004-04-14 10:28 ]</font>

TylerdurdenXP
Apr 14, 2004, 05:27 PM
to violet:
I don't know where in the instruction book you located detailed information on luck, but it is not in the book that came with the xbox version, nor is it in the complete instructions that you download.

So I am going to stick with my prior statements, that luck effects critical hits and rares.

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 05:34 PM
On 2004-04-14 15:27, TylerdurdenXP wrote:
to violet:
I don't know where in the instruction book you located detailed information on luck, but it is not in the book that came with the xbox version, nor is it in the complete instructions that you download.

So I am going to stick with my prior statements, that luck effects critical hits and rares.

First of all, I wasn't the one who mentioned anything about the manual (try reading a little more closely.) Secondly, if you want to think that Luck affects rares (which it DOESN'T) then you're an idiot.

TylerdurdenXP
Apr 14, 2004, 05:41 PM
To violet:
Sorry for mis-quoting you, but none the less you still have no proof that luck does not affect finding rares.

If I'm an idiot for beleiving that it does affect it, then your just as much an idiot for beleiving it does not with out anything to back it up.

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 05:45 PM
On 2004-04-14 15:41, TylerdurdenXP wrote:
To violet:
Sorry for mis-quoting you, but none the less you still have no proof that luck does not affect finding rares.

If I'm an idiot for beleiving that it does affect it, then your just as much an idiot for beleiving it does not with out anything to back it up.

The drop rates are set for each monster on each section id for every difficulty level. LUCK has NEVER affected finding rares in ANY of the PSO versions. The Luck stat ONLY pertains to whether or not your char will get in a critical hit. This HAS been proven by many members who have ALREADY looked at the actual GAME DATA on the disk (myself included.) So pinhead, believe what you want, but the truth is, EVERY OTHER senior member on these boards knows that Luck DOES NOT AFFECT RARES.

KaFKa
Apr 14, 2004, 05:45 PM
On 2004-04-14 10:28, Fredrick wrote:
I just did a test with rabarta. With 10 luck it froze the enemie 5/22 times. With 60 Luck it froze the enemie 10/22 times. Because its only out of 22* its hard to tell but I think people might want to look into this....

no. just give it up already, luck only affects critical hits, as explained in the damn coding.

Sanjifire
Apr 14, 2004, 05:56 PM
OOOKK!!! Cool down! Can no-one think for themselves? Well anyway...I myself know what critical hits do, so I don't see why all of you are making such a big deal out of this.

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 05:58 PM
On 2004-04-14 15:56, Sanjifire wrote:
OOOKK!!! Cool down! Can no-one think for themselves? Well anyway...I myself know what critical hits do, so I don't see why all of you are making such a big deal out of this.

Because some of us don't care for ignorant members spreading misinformation about the game. Simple as that. Especially from noobs who have barely just started playing and think they have all the answers, when in fact they don't have a damn clue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-14 15:59 ]</font>

TylerdurdenXP
Apr 14, 2004, 06:48 PM
True, the drop rates are already set for each level, but the item that is received is not set.

I am done with this thread, if you have anything else to say, say it. But do not expect a reply. So continue your quest to know as much about pso as the developers, and not get paid for it. I am going to get back on this school work. Good debating with you, hope we can do it agin. Next time get your weight up. holla back.

Tuskegee University
!!!REPRESENT!!!

Siris
Apr 14, 2004, 06:54 PM
Your friends who say that luck helps you find rares are totally correct my friend! However, consumption of those ever so tasty LUCK MATERIALS have absolutely nothing to do with it.

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 06:56 PM
On 2004-04-14 16:48, TylerdurdenXP wrote:
True, the drop rates are already set for each level, but the item that is received is not set.

I am done with this thread, if you have anything else to say, say it. But do not expect a reply. So continue your quest to know as much about pso as the developers, and not get paid for it. I am going to get back on this school work. Good debating with you, hope we can do it agin. Next time get your weight up. holla back.

Tuskegee University
!!!REPRESENT!!!

Your clueless knows no bounds LOL> Actually the item (rare) IS set for each specific monster. I get paid extremely well so I'll be just fine thanks. I actually make more doing web design and consulting than I did as a code monkey for M$.

Thankfully I'm already done with college, so no more school work for me. As for a reply, I personally don't care, as you don't really have anything useful or accurate to add anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 07:21 PM
yipers just like alot of other people have siad, luck only affects critical hits.

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-04-14 15:58, VioletSkye wrote:

Because some of us don't care for ignorant members spreading misinformation about the game. Simple as that. Especially from noobs who have barely just started playing and think they have all the answers, when in fact they don't have a damn clue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-14 15:59 ]</font>

Violet sky,you don't have a clue! People are misinformed about things. Do you shout at toddlers for not knowing how to do long divison? You don't just learn things you have to be taught,you shouldn't be so critical. No one knows everything about the game,and if they do thats pitiful and pointless. Your ignorance surpasses any I've seen on this site filled with hot-headed stupidity. I've noticed some correlations with luck,that disprove what you say. How do you uphold a job with that attitude,who would hire you?

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 07:47 PM
I would hire her.
She would be very good for custemor service.

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 07:52 PM
On 2004-04-14 17:40, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-04-14 15:58, VioletSkye wrote:

Violet sky,you don't have a clue! People are misinformed about things. Do you shout at toddlers for not knowing how to do long divison? You don't just learn things you have to be taught,you shouldn't be so critical. No one knows everything about the game,and if they do thats pitiful and pointless. Your ignorance surpasses any I've seen on this site filled with hot-headed stupidity. I've noticed some correlations with luck,that disprove what you say. How do you uphold a job with that attitude,who would hire you?

Yes its true people are misinformed about things. However, when someone tries to clear those misconceptions up and people refuse to listen and post arguments that aren't true it makes things more difficult to clear up. If you don't like the way I post then don't read the fucking thing. No one put a damn gun to your head and forced you to read my posts.

NOTHING you have done disproves what I say, so you also need to stfu if you can't accept the fact that Luck affects nothing except for Critical hits.

Also your analogy is completely moronic (like yourself obviously.) This isn't about trying to teach a toddler something. Its about trying to explain something to a noob and then have them argue with you over it when they don't know what the hell they are even talking about. As for my attitude, like I said, fuck off if you don't like it. I don't even know who the hell you are so I really can't care about your opinion.

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 07:56 PM
Just because someone is misinformed does not mean they are stupid. They may not understand what you're telling them. Regardless you are ignorant for disrespected them and not being understanding. I didn't tell you the correlations I found and you didn't so how can you say they're wrong? I think the one who needs to shut up is you. You simply aren't helping anyone and there are others who can explain things much better than you. Please I really wish you would stop trying to explain things,maybe thats why people don't understand what your saying.

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-04-14 17:56, Cheep wrote:
Just because someone is misinformed does not mean they are stupid. They may not understand what you're telling them. Regardless you are ignorant for disrespected them and not being understanding. I didn't tell you the correlations I found and you didn't so how can you say they're wrong? I think the one who needs to shut up is you. You simply aren't helping anyone and there are others who can explain things much better than you. Please I really wish you would stop trying to explain things,maybe thats why people don't understand what your saying.

Well Einstein, since you are so helpful and know so much, why not help out in tech support once in awhile. I have actually helped out MANY, MANY people in tech support. So your post is totally wrong.

You seem to be missing the overall point and that is, when someone like myself or Kef, or Sounomi, or Vulpes, or Ketchup etc. tries to clear up a misconception, it doesn't help to be met with so much resistance. If you would like me to personally send you any of the actual game files to look at, I would be more than happy to do that for you. Often times, the info that some of us give members, comes directly off of the actual PSO gamedisk. Take drop rates for instance, Sounomi has developed a great database that is accurate because she used the itemrt.gsl file that ST coded themselves.

I do apologize if I was too harsh. It is just a game afterall and not something to get worked up over. But you have to realize how often we see these threads. I have no problem calmly explaining something in reagrds to the game, but I don't care for people who sit and argue with me about things that have been proven already and have been accepted for along time.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 14, 2004, 08:09 PM
Wow.. You two should just stop. Different people can believe what they want violet, its only a poll! You dont have to pound the fact that they are wrong into them if they dont want to accept it... really! Cheep, i understand where you and people who think luck is related to more then crits are comin from.. but the fact is, the gamecode has been checked. It doesnt. If you compare someone with 10 luck to someone with 100 (both same everything else, lvl..ID, all that) and the 100 just happens to find 2 rares before the 10 finds any.. that doesnt mean luck affects drops in any way. It could be completely a fluke if 100 luck gets 50 rares before 10 gets any, it proves nothing. (Look up the definition for proof if u dont believe me)
-xero

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 08:13 PM
Well said Xero, this has gotten out of hand. I know that Luck only affects critical hits, but if someone feels otherwise than so be it. I will still continue to try and answer questions but I will also try to not get upset if others disagree. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If people want to continue to spread misinformation, then I guess there will just have to be alot of untruths about the game floating around. So believe whatever you want people. If you want to pretend that Luck affects rares, then go for it. Cheep obviously doesn't care about the truth or the fact that it has been looked at in the game files, but hey thats cool.

I now understand why Kef gets frustrated trying to clear things up when there are so many members who don't seem to listen to facts. Oh well, thats to be expected with each new wave of newer members. My apologies to Tyler for calling you an idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-14 19:01 ]</font>

PurplePower1
Apr 14, 2004, 11:48 PM

no kidding, just read the manual. CRITICAL HIT ONLY!!

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 11:52 PM
On 2004-04-14 21:48, PurplePower1 wrote:

no kidding, just read the manual. CRITICAL HIT ONLY!!

I was just wondering,the manual you all talk about, is it the little book that is in the game case? Mine is evil >.< I read it a long time ago,so I don't remember. I still don't get why I hit so many crits though...