PDA

View Full Version : GC worthwhile?

AndvariAR
Apr 14, 2004, 02:33 PM
I'm looking at taking my GC PSO online. Is it worthwhile, or are all the players on Xbox live?

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 02:36 PM
Umm,there sre alot of people on gc. I thought there weren't that many on xbox or is it the other way around? Yes it is very worth it,don't be discouraged.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 14, 2004, 03:01 PM
The GameCube version seems to be the version with the larger userbase.

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 03:24 PM
Just stay away from vega @_@

AndvariAR
Apr 14, 2004, 03:34 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:24, Fredrick wrote:

eh? why?

Solstis
Apr 14, 2004, 03:42 PM
On 2004-04-14 13:34, AndvariAR wrote:

On 2004-04-14 13:24, Fredrick wrote:

eh? why?

'tis a hive of scum and villany!

[/Monkey Island]

It's not a good place if you're legit, from what I've heard, with all those hackers/dupers running around.

Not to mention spammers.

If you conveniently have a GC sitting around with a BB adapter (or modem) then go ahead and sign up with that.

I wouldn't recommend buying a XBOX for the purpose of playing 1 game.

Fredrick
Apr 14, 2004, 04:05 PM
eh? why?

Well the people there are the skum of PSO (Most of the people on pso are there). Its also angerous simply being there because all the hacking/spamming/dupeing messes up the servers and it can make you file go bad, losing everything on that memory card.

Also at first they seem great because the items are so good. Its like "I dont care if they are fake copys, they are fun!". But then like a month later the game gets boring because you have nothing really to improve on. Stay away... they ruin the game for you.

MagnumOpus
Apr 14, 2004, 04:27 PM
I agree, AVOID VEGA. you may stumble across a few cool legit players on that ship, but the majority of the Vega ship (especially block 1 and 2) is made up of a pile of worthless, duping, hacking, spamming wastes of sperm (maybe that was a little harsh, ah #$%@ it) its the truth, and they will ruin the overall great experience that PSO was meant to be and can be. Look for the games that have the title legit leveling (or something like that), or search the lobbies and find some cool pals to roll with. There are plenty of cool gamers looking for some legit fun, they sometimes just tend to their own secluded ships far away from the pile of crap that could ruin your memory data, especially if dupers/hackers/ar players join your game. With ll that said, PSO for gamecube is still safe and fun. Rock ON!

If you want to roll online, PM me, maybe we could meet!

CHEERS! Wes C. Attle HUMAR Redria level 197

AndvariAR
Apr 14, 2004, 08:28 PM
I'm finally online, and it seems abandoned everywhere.

I haven't looked at vega per advice, but its empty almost everywhere else...

VioletSkye
Apr 14, 2004, 08:35 PM
Actually, I've never been bothered by Vega. Granted lobby 1 normally has some obnoxious spammers, but I've found really cool (even legit) people to level with. Its true that Vega probably has the largest number of unlegit players, but its not a big deal. If you have trouble finding people on other ships, head to Vega and just have fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

shifter
Apr 14, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-04-14 18:28, AndvariAR wrote:
I'm finally online, and it seems abandoned everywhere.

I haven't looked at vega per advice, but its empty almost everywhere else...

yea, thats mainly because of Ep. 3, everyones flocked to it and the majority of peolpe who still play are in a select few blocks ant. 8 alt. 4 and something in den.(not sure where, i usually dont go there), so if you go there youll be sure to find a few legit games.

PurplePower1
Apr 14, 2004, 11:25 PM
huh, that is strange. i never knew that that was all that ship was made up of.

Cheep
Apr 15, 2004, 12:08 AM
Vega is not that bad!! I usualy end up playing there because no one seems to be on when I am... If there is a hacker on your team you can always leave or ask them to.