PDA

View Full Version : ultimate ruins and lucky delsabers

SnoopyEgotist
Apr 14, 2004, 08:07 PM
Can anyone explain why a level 99 RAmar (now lv. 100) can be killed in one hit by a delsaber, despite wearing holiness armor with 4 metal bodies? I understand about critical hits, but even still, killing me in one hit seems a bit overboard... I can understand it when the belras do it... but the delsabers little swipe?

Kuea
Apr 14, 2004, 08:10 PM
delsabers are too strong and scary

Cheep
Apr 14, 2004, 08:18 PM
Do they critical you? It seems like the claws always critical me >.< It'll take sometime but you'll be able to beat the pooples outa them eventually(hehe I said pooples!)

SnoopyEgotist
Apr 14, 2004, 08:21 PM
I didn't have time to see if it was critical, but even if they did, it still seems like a huge amount of damage when I had 4 metal bodies(left over from fighting Vol Opt version 2)

Sharkyland
Apr 14, 2004, 08:38 PM
Are you playing online or offline. If it's online, the difficulty is four player difficulty, as for offline, hmm... I say do the s/d j/z combo.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 14, 2004, 08:50 PM
delsabers are one of the, if not the strongest enemy in the ult ruins... even using level 30 deband and jellen doesn't help much, though their criticals are the only thing in the ult ruins that knock my fonewearl down X_x

i'd try to replace the meta/bodies with X/hp units, as having more hp is more useful than more dfp especially in ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-14 18:51 ]</font>

shifter
Apr 14, 2004, 09:11 PM
i agree, get rid of a metal body and replace it with a dragon/hp or two. this should help you survive his attack with a few hp left. if that doesnt work, lvl up some more, at least two lvls, then try again. also hunt down def and hp materials, it may seem small but every little bit helps.

PsychoMantis
Apr 14, 2004, 10:18 PM
well, usually they can kill me in a few hits, like belra's as well, they're both strong, btw what's ur actual defence (max) and hp, just wondering?

shifter
Apr 14, 2004, 10:53 PM
same here, i mean its been a while since ive had a char. in the 90-100, but if i remember right, ive never had any of my chars. die from one hit from an enemy on ult. ruins that didnt do a critical or was a indi belra. man ive was blindsided by many an indi when i first started but delsabers should do more damage than that mid lvl enemy on ult. ruins, you know the one thats purple, i cant think of the names right now.

PurplePower1
Apr 14, 2004, 11:21 PM
its purple, you mean a spell?

TiRune
Apr 15, 2004, 12:22 AM
La diminian http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cheep
Apr 15, 2004, 12:28 AM
Lets see,maybe you could freeze them... Cheep blocks the buggers now,so I don't remember what I did. Are you offline? Do you have someone you could do multi with? You could always have others act as a diversion and shoot them.

SnoopyEgotist
Apr 15, 2004, 08:00 PM
I was just doing single player... can't get online, and my friends can only go up to ultimate mines...
I like the Dragon/HP idea, I could do that, and I have no idea whether I can freeze them or not...
(or were you talking about the La dimineans?)

I really need to check this more than once a day.

Jason
Apr 15, 2004, 08:14 PM
Did the Delsaber attack you alone in one swipe to kill you, or in a group? Because being attacked at the same time from each one inflicts damage on you as if one Delsaber is 3 times stronger if 3 in a group did that, and vice versa.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-04-15 18:17 ]</font>

SnoopyEgotist
Apr 15, 2004, 08:17 PM
it was one lone delsaber...

(I gotta make a signiture about those little '...'s, I love those guys...)

Jason
Apr 15, 2004, 08:22 PM
Well. Your being Lv 100+ as a RAmar is still too early for you to go through the Ruins of Ultimate easily. Build up your character, I would recommend you to use a rare armor.