PDA

View Full Version : To All Fanfic authors

M_BlackHawk
Apr 14, 2004, 09:14 PM
I'm currently in the process of compiling any and all recently finished fanfics to add to the archive, as soon as Lolita tells me I can.

However, this is a tremendous undertaking, and I need some help.

If anyone's recently finished up a fanfic, please email it to me at [email protected]. I'll be more than happy to add it as soon as I can.

This will also give me the chance I've been wanting to catch up on some of these fics that I may have missed.

later

M_BlackHawk

DezoPenguin
Apr 15, 2004, 09:03 AM
Do you have any special format you'd like that in?

Zzzzzz
Apr 15, 2004, 02:52 PM
And do you accept shorts too?

M_BlackHawk
Apr 15, 2004, 05:01 PM
I'd rather have them in txt or rtf format, however, anything that can be read by word 2000 is ok.

later

M_BlackHawk

mr_rubbish
Apr 16, 2004, 10:38 AM
Will you be accepting group-fics?
I have 'Rise of the Machines' in RTF format. It is tidyed up, with chapters, formatting and with each post attributed to the relevant author.

Hikara
Apr 19, 2004, 11:46 AM
How recent is "recent?" My second POL came around right when she became inactive...

mr_rubbish
Apr 19, 2004, 12:12 PM
On 2004-04-19 09:46, Hikara wrote:
How recent is "recent?" My second POL came around right when she became inactive...

I should think Blackhawk means that if you have any fics that aren't already listed in the archive and you would like them there, then submit them to him for inclusion.

Outrider
Apr 19, 2004, 01:22 PM
This only includes finished fics though, right?

mr_rubbish
Apr 19, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-04-19 11:22, Outrider wrote:

Yeah, otherwise it would be a tonne of extra work for Blackhawk to have to update them.

Extra incentive to get them finished http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hikara
Apr 19, 2004, 01:31 PM
heh... anyone think the OOGLY Bar is worth submitting? (this is a serious question, mind you.)

Outrider
Apr 19, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-04-19 11:31, Hikara wrote:
heh... anyone think the OOGLY Bar is worth submitting? (this is a serious question, mind you.)

Heck yeah... but aren't you going to continuously make them?

If you have a set number in mind, finish those up and then submit them. Otherwise, just submit them with the date or something along those lines... just to show it is an ongoing series.

mr_rubbish
Apr 19, 2004, 02:56 PM
On 2004-04-19 12:49, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-04-19 11:31, Hikara wrote:

Heck yeah... but aren't you going to continuously make them?

If you have a set number in mind, finish those up and then submit them. Otherwise, just submit them with the date or something along those lines... just to show it is an ongoing series.

You could also do them in "volumes". Sets of 6 say. That way you can get some in as you work on others.

Nai_Calus
Apr 19, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-04-19 11:27, mr_rubbish wrote:

On 2004-04-19 11:22, Outrider wrote:

Yeah, otherwise it would be a tonne of extra work for Blackhawk to have to update them.

Extra incentive to get them finished http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

At my current rate of one chapter a month, and with probably at least 12 more chapters... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Solstis
Apr 19, 2004, 03:56 PM
Gah... I feel your pain Ian.

"The Origins of Solstis" won't be done for at least another 2 months at this pace.... *sob*

Unless I cut it down to 3 more chapters... that would be good...

Zzzzzz
Apr 19, 2004, 07:21 PM
On 2004-04-19 12:56, mr_rubbish wrote:
[quote]
You could also do them in "volumes". Sets of 6 say. That way you can get some in as you work on others.

Hmmmmm... do you think Different Viewpoints 1-5 could count as one volume? The last one had a good ending.

mr_rubbish
Apr 20, 2004, 02:16 AM
Are you asking me? I'm not a mod... yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But if you think its enough Mike shouldn't have any problems with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr_rubbish on 2004-04-20 00:17 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Apr 20, 2004, 07:45 AM
Ill have to email off Do Hucast 3 at some point. Is there anyway to ask Lolita or whoever does the coding now to add pages to the Fan Fic Archive instead of 'Next Pages', its quite awkward scrolling through the archive if you just want to check something on the last page.

M_BlackHawk
Apr 20, 2004, 10:51 AM
I'll check into that, and They've got me set up to update the archive. I'm waiting to hear from the powers that be on one question, then I'll be starting to update.

BTW: I added Meira's "Recollection of Dragoon" yesterday. I'm still a little unsure about adding multiple chapters, so I'm going to hold off on the gist of this update until I get word back on how to go about that.

later

M_BlackHawk