PDA

View Full Version : A FOmar matter...

Evil_Althena8
Apr 15, 2004, 06:47 PM
Ah yes, the FOmar. Many people have created them as a melee force...and so have I. I need some advice though. I want my FOmar to, oddly enough, only melee with force weapons. I particularly like the animation for how they swing a rod, it's fast and badass. My real question is, would it be worth it? The strongest rod I have is a Caduceus, and a Psycho Wand is only slightly stronger than that(hah...me find a psycho wand?).I'm making a Summit Moon for my other force. If I find another magic rock I'll make another for my FOmar. The problem I have encountered with this is that force weapons require MST, and if I use a power mag I'll have to wait a long time till I get enough MST to use any force weapons and do good damage. I'll need to get some God/Minds. What do you all think about this?

rising_sunset
Apr 15, 2004, 06:51 PM
I though you are making a MELEE FO? If then you shouldn't use any techs except maybe for healing and support. You shouldn't use FO weps also. Try weapons like doubles saber, s-ranked twin, twin chakrams, soul banish. Or any other ATP-boosting weps.

Also next time try to do a forum search because this kind of thread has been brought up many times. See the old threads and you should get some ideas on how to make a melee FO.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 15, 2004, 06:54 PM
On 2004-04-15 16:51, rising_sunset wrote:
I though you are making a MELEE FO? If then you shouldn't use any techs except maybe for healing and support. You shouldn't use FO weps also. Try weapons like doubles saber, s-ranked twin, twin chakrams, soul banish. Or any other ATP-boosting weps.

Also next time try to do a forum search because this kind of thread has been brought up many times. See the old threads and you should get some ideas on how to make a melee FO.

i wanted to use rods for aesthetic value...i dunno, i'm crazy!

iamfanboy
Apr 15, 2004, 06:57 PM
"It's all about style, babe."

I say go for it; you'll probably have to settle for a 'lesser' weapon until you get the MST to use the weapons you want to tho.

Cheep
Apr 15, 2004, 06:59 PM
Well,maybe you could try waiting until they're high enough level to wear apower mag,or hit high enough without one. That's an interesting idea,I saw a humar that only used guns and another that always used a fatsia http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif hehe!

rising_sunset
Apr 15, 2004, 07:07 PM
On 2004-04-15 16:59, Cheep wrote:
That's an interesting idea,I saw a humar that only used guns and another that always used a fatsia http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif hehe!

uh... -__-

(are they playing battle mode?)
Because if they are maybe it's to psyche out his opponent. It's just like our school badminton team. When there was a boys var 1 doubles that was about to lose. They bother tucked in their shirt into their shorts and pulled their shorts up HIGH. Also they stood in weird ready/serving positions. If I was playing them I would DEFINATELY be psyched out.

heh. That's my story. Maybe thats the case. If not, it also could be that they want to be different so they use some weird weapons? Using guns aren't a suprise. I seen a lot of HUmar and HUcast using mechguns.

Nai_Calus
Apr 15, 2004, 07:30 PM
Uh, R_S... Well.

I guess HU/RAmar/marl/newearls shouldn't use their damage techs? Many HU/RAs use techs for tactical reasons - Gi/Rabarta to freeze, Rafoie to knock flying enemies back to earth, etc. Why should a melee FO be any different? Who says your definition of melee FO is correct?

And as far as 3-hit weapons go, the FOmar's Rod animation -is- rather effective.

My FOmar is L137, so my views are a bit distorted, but even with a Striker he can mete out 500+ damage in a combo in Ult Forest online... This is with a MIND Mag, as well. His base ATP is only around 560ish... He's had a few POW mats, but not that many.

Sure, 500 damage isn't much, but this -is- without any sort of ATP boost. So, you should be able to do it fairly well.

And also, in PSO, Looks/Style > Stats.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 15, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-04-15 17:30, Ian-KunX wrote:

And as far as 3-hit weapons go, the FOmar's Rod animation -is- rather effective.

I believe it can't be broken if used correctly...at least on normal and hard enemies(my fomar is only lvl 23). It will be REALLY fast with a god/battle too

rising_sunset
Apr 15, 2004, 07:42 PM
Perhaps a idea that can be accepted, but I personally prefer a double saber, especially with its geist ability!

Evil_Althena8
Apr 15, 2004, 07:44 PM
On 2004-04-15 17:42, rising_sunset wrote:
Perhaps a idea that can be accepted, but I personally prefer a double saber, especially with its geist ability!

Yes, it is really effective. I use a DS with my FOnewearl EXCEPT on ultimate because at the moment I can't afford to strike enemies(with a 80% miss rate) and get my arse kicked, so I use Trifluids.

Solstis
Apr 15, 2004, 08:40 PM
I say go for it.

If you wanna have fun, why not do it?

I never was a big FOmar fan, but I enjoy the straight-postured rod attack animations.

Listen to Ian most of the time (except when it comes to newmans)... getting an "ooh!" or "wtf?" from other players is well worth it.

Like using a high hit agito on a FOnewm.

Stingray
Apr 15, 2004, 11:29 PM
also, in PSO, Looks/Style > Stats.

Ian-KunX I agree, but I wish the hundreds of J-Sword/BKB/Guld-Milla users thought that also... even if I had Legit versions of these weapons I would not use them since these weapons are so often seen they are now an eye sore (I WOULD NOT MAKE A GULD MILLA... I'll keep those handguns thank you very much). The worse times being a legit low level Hunter character TRYing to lvl up but can't get any EXP because those greedly J-sword users are 1 step ahead of you and so they kill everything before you can touch them... and you only get EXP on bosses unless they kill first then revive you later..

some J-sword/BKB/Guld Milla users + Dark Falz taking your soul = no EXP for killing Falz and money wasted on MAG feed and mates/fluids b/c that greedy moron didn't listen to you and killed Falz and you at the same time.

Eihwaz
Apr 16, 2004, 12:17 AM
Hmm, melee with Rods? Not the worst idea, I suppose. Rods are, after all, the FOrce weapon best for physical combat. And they add defense...which you'll need, as a FOmar.

For good Rod choices...well, Battle Verge or Brave Hammer are useful for their specials (Devil's/Demon's and Spirit). Battle Verge also looks very cool. Sorceror's Cane would be nice, too. Tech-boostage, Geist special for TP healing...

Other good choices would be S-Rank Rod, Striker of Chao, Demonic Fork, or Dark Bridge (which actually combos...). You have to have online to get those, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-15 22:30 ]</font>

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 17, 2004, 01:37 AM
Evil_Althena8, I kind of like your idea. And if you think of it, meleeing with force weapons isn't a terrible idea since you can put hit percentages on some of them. (Summit Moon, Twinkle Star, etc.)

I have good news for you, too! My FOmar is around level 100 now and he's got enough MST with a power Mag (5/125/50/20) to equip most force weapons. I can use my Twinkle Star, Summit Moon, Holy Ray, etc with the afformentioned Mag. Getting to level 100 isn't too bad (you can do 80-100 in a few hours even), and it should be all you need to pull off what you're looking to do.

SolRiver
Apr 17, 2004, 02:47 AM
I dont suggest spirit special.. the spirit special is insane at taking TP, and TP dont regain as easy as HP. If any special, I would prefer berserk or charge as atk special. Berserk probably sound insane, but if u are good you will be fine.

S rank rod full grind is a little weaker than caduceus... but I remember 1 part of the stat is higher... dont remember which.

Rod will defintely be a good style. But, dont forget about the fake agito =D

opaopajr
Apr 18, 2004, 12:53 AM
heh, cool. at least rod is a decent force weapon to melee with, unlike wand. that's what i used for solo melee, it was fun! though you'll find out that you'll have to break down and cast a few damage techs, especially against fliers. but, eh, who cares. it's all about style right?

well you should be making a maxed pow and a mind each, so i really don't see what the problem is here, except for maybe materials? honestly it's not that big of an issue to grow 2 mags at once, i've been doing it with my RAmar for a long time now. so i expect you should be too. honestly, assuming character is from scratch, i'd focus on carrying the pow mag, it'll make life easy in the early levels. the mind would be for *when* you get a worthwhile rod, or tech disks naturally. that's the fastest way to get into it. worry about which rod is better and mind v. pow tradeoffs when you come to that bridge. just prepare for both with 2 mags, should work and be fun.

Cheep
Apr 18, 2004, 01:06 AM
On 2004-04-15 21:29, Stingray wrote:

also, in PSO, Looks/Style > Stats.

Ian-KunX I agree, but I wish the hundreds of J-Sword/BKB/Guld-Milla users thought that also... even if I had Legit versions of these weapons I would not use them since these weapons are so often seen they are now an eye sore (I WOULD NOT MAKE A GULD MILLA... I'll keep those handguns thank you very much). The worse times being a legit low level Hunter character TRYing to lvl up but can't get any EXP because those greedly J-sword users are 1 step ahead of you and so they kill everything before you can touch them... and you only get EXP on bosses unless they kill first then revive you later..

some J-sword/BKB/Guld Milla users + Dark Falz taking your soul = no EXP for killing Falz and money wasted on MAG feed and mates/fluids b/c that greedy moron didn't listen to you and killed Falz and you at the same time.

Dude,are you and I playing the same PSO? You can't afford to use a bad weapon just because it looks cool for quite some time. You have to focus somewhat on stats,you can't gallavant about with a handgun and basic mag at level 100. It would be bad stragedy to not make a guld milla if you had the handguns,the handguns aren't very good. You can focus somewhat on looks,but not that much... Why do you seem to think everyone that uses a good item is the same? You know, I sometimes use a guld milla and I'm usualy the one who dies on falz and the little nooblets who seem to think they're better than the rest of the team won't revive me and say its an accident when they keep doind 5+ combos on falz once I'm dead. You have to accept the games limits and your own. I doubt your good enough to focus on looks alone with that logic... You have to wait until you're good enough to do somethings...

iamfanboy
Apr 18, 2004, 02:18 AM
I just started my own melee FOmar, and he's a blast to play! Way more fun than that boring old HUcast I replaced, no offense to those who enjoy the HUcast experience.

I named him Jedifabreeze (named for the two most powerful things on this planet) and I'm just having so much fun using the double saber like Darth Maul! *fwm fwwwmm fwwm*

The rod animation is hellaciously fast, and I might switch to that once I have enough MST to equip a good one, but for now I just like the way he looks with the Double Saber.