PDA

View Full Version : More about NO WEAPON!

MechDan
Apr 23, 2001, 01:43 PM
Here are my thoughts on "no weapon" style gameplay:

1. It's incredibly beautiful. Seeing all those RA spells blasting away constantly is a visual feast. The fireworks just keep on going when you don't have to worry about fluids or mapping buttons to weapon attacks!

2. It's awesome for levelling up. With the exception of 4 spread users, there's no quicker way to level up. For Forces in particular, nothing competes. Pretty much everybody gets a piece of every enemy, and everything goes down within 2 or 3 spell cycles.

3. Skip normal level Mines or at least just try to get through it as quickly as possible. It's frustrating trying to get everyone a chance to hit the enemies before they get killed. Surprisingly, this isn't so much of a problem for hard Mines.

Needless to say, Saturday's NO WEAPON games were a blast. Me and Lorien were busy, so we didn't get on until later. However, things were much more fun since we were high enough to play on hard mode this time. Around 11:30, we decided to revert back to "normal" play. It wasn't nearly as much fun as "no weapon" style.

See you all Tuesday night at Cordelia 8! Remember, the team's "NO WEAPON" and the password's "frypan"!

MechDan
Apr 23, 2001, 05:04 PM
BTW, this Tuesday I'm going to be playing ikuo. As a RAmar, he's not much of a technique user even at level 44!

With a level 200 "mind" mag, he can at least hold his own alongside level 20-something Forces... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

merlin
Apr 23, 2001, 05:32 PM
Hey,Mechdan....if I join you guys can I bring my brave knuckles...it LOOKS as if I'm not using anything!!!...lol.

MechDan
Apr 23, 2001, 06:56 PM
Hehe. Actually, I don't really care if people strictly follow the "rules" or not. Just keep in mind that neither Lorien nor I will have Resta mapped so don't be surprised if you have to pick up your Brave Knuckles a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Of course, having Resta repeatedly cast on you when you're out of TP and want to die is a little annoying...