PDA

View Full Version : non-rare Rares?

iamfanboy
Apr 15, 2004, 11:25 PM
Okay, we've all gotten some, at least I would think so; that is to say, the 'common' rares. You get a "????" weapon tekked, and the name shows up yellow, just like a more normal rare, except... it isn't.

It's just a regular item with a nifty special ability.

But, does anyone use any of those, or do you just sell 'em?

Me, I use my King's Laser +4 religiously when level-building; heck, even when I'm just doing normal runs, if I bump across an enemy that isn't aware of me I'll bust that baby out and suck him dry for all the XP he has.

I've also got a Hell Laser, but that's fallen by the wayside now that I have a JUSTY 23ST.

For a while, I was using a Hell Diska with my HUnewearl, but now that she's on Ultimate her to-hit chance is so low that I've tossed it back in the bank.

Anyone else got any weapons they use like this, or is it just me?

TiRune
Apr 16, 2004, 12:02 AM
I used my hell arms loads on my RaCaseal. she wasnt strong enough to kill the normal way so I did it with that weap. IF u have some charge vulcans with hit% those are great, but I don't think much people would use the other non-rare rares. If anyone would want one, they'd get a s-rank http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

iamfanboy
Apr 16, 2004, 12:06 AM
ah, the S-rank stuff

darn, forgot about it; I don't do any online play (as of yet), so it slipped my mind that you can add abilities to S-rank stuff.

*slinks away, slightly embarrassed*

DurakkenX
Apr 16, 2004, 12:20 AM
i get that stuff constantly...i just sell em cuz i think they have slightly higher sell price...either way...they're sorta worthless

PsychoMantis
Apr 16, 2004, 12:33 AM
fun to sell.....

also these weapons are orange on the game (blech!)
better than white writing tho, right?

Eihwaz
Apr 16, 2004, 02:54 AM
I have several weapons like that. Until my HUmar recently got his Red Partisan, he used a Chaos Gungnir with 40% Hit. It was very good, even though I didn't bother with the special.

I also have some Berserk Vulcans with 35% Hit, those are pretty nice, although I don't use them.

In some cases, a non-rare with good percents is better than a rare. I'd much rather use my Vulcan with 40% Hit than an L&K14 Combat with no Hit.

Rain7
Apr 16, 2004, 03:53 AM
I think everyone has at least one pair of vulcans because they are better than almost every rare mechgun in the game. Due to the fact that they are incredibly easy to get hold of with high hit% that is. I know the shop weapons are not "rares", but being able to buy them with 50% hit is crazy. The only one I keep is my pair of chaos vulcans with 55% hit.

PatserGOUKI
Apr 16, 2004, 04:55 AM
On 2004-04-15 21:25, iamfanboy wrote:
Okay, we've all gotten some, at least I would think so; that is to say, the 'common' rares. You get a "????" weapon tekked, and the name shows up yellow, just like a more normal rare, except... it isn't.

It's just a regular item with a nifty special ability.

But, does anyone use any of those, or do you just sell 'em?

Me, I use my King's Laser +4 religiously when level-building; heck, even when I'm just doing normal runs, if I bump across an enemy that isn't aware of me I'll bust that baby out and suck him dry for all the XP he has.

I've also got a Hell Laser, but that's fallen by the wayside now that I have a JUSTY 23ST.

For a while, I was using a Hell Diska with my HUnewearl, but now that she's on Ultimate her to-hit chance is so low that I've tossed it back in the bank.

Anyone else got any weapons they use like this, or is it just me?

I never use one, but when I pick up the items, I'll ONLY LOOK AT the HIT PERCENTAGE! That's the only reason for me...

An example: the Hell Diska isn't worth anything, if it hasn't got at least 30% hit... Otherwise you wouldn't hit a thing with it in ultimate online

greetz

PatserGOUKI

Sharkyland
Apr 16, 2004, 05:19 AM
Used to keep a lot of them during my non corruption days... though the only thing that I have still is vulcan 0/40/30/0/40

Armok
Apr 16, 2004, 07:47 AM
I got a club with 75% hit which is useless except for making a really top notch Summit moon

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 16, 2004, 04:28 PM
I keep the "Non-rare rares" if they have good Hit percentages. I love fighting with the tekker trying to get them perfect. Sometimes it's really hard to get the highest ability (ex: Hell) and raise all the percentages +10% in the same "tekking". So far, the "Non-rare rares" that I've kept are:

Gush Calibur 0/0/0/0/60
Demon's Vulcan 35/0/45/0/45
Demon's Ripper 45/0/0/50/50
Hell Ripper 0/0/25/55/45
Hell Gungir 55/0/0/0/50

I also keep Charge weapons with Hit percentages over 40, even though they don't have a yellow name. They should!

TatuPreb119
Apr 16, 2004, 04:35 PM
I like using them.. they're easier to find and when you do alot of times they have high percents