PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about online.

Django
Apr 16, 2004, 11:56 AM
Is PSO online worth it for the GC? I've played it online on my computer, and it was OK, no real assholes of players, but I can't run it very well, as my graphics card is bad, so stuff gets messed up [namely everything 2D like word bubbles or all the stats in the top right corner and the action thing in the other corner dissapears, hindering play]

So I'm asking you this: Is it worth the pay? It costs money for the licence, then, as far as I know, $10 USD per month, which is alot, seeing as I'm not even old enough to get a bloody job... <.< [Although I could get an extremely high paying job as a caddy at a nearby golfcourse, but it probably wouldn't go well with my parents... <.<;;]

Also, are there any alternative online play options? Any free servers? *eyes shift* <.< >.>;

Thank you for your time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Django on 2004-04-16 09:59 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 16, 2004, 12:02 PM
On 2004-04-16 09:56, Django wrote:
Is PSO online worth it for the GC? I've played it online on my computer, and it was OK, no real assholes of players, but I can't run it very well, as my graphics card is bad, so stuff gets messed up [namely everything 2D like word bubbles or all the stats in the top right corner and the action thing in the other corner dissapears, hindering play]

So I'm asking you this: Is it worth the pay? It costs money for the licence, then, as far as I know, $10 USD per month, which is alot, seeing as I'm not even old enough to get a bloody job... <.< [Although I could get an extremely high paying job as a caddy at a nearby golfcourse, but it probably wouldn't go well with my parents... <.<;;]

Also, are there any alternative online play options? Any free servers? *eyes shift* <.< >.>;

Thank you for your time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Django on 2004-04-16 09:59 ]</font>

If you would like to play with others than its worth it. Its a personal call you need to make on your own. As for charges, the HL costs $8.95 (or $8.99 I forget) a month which is the only cost you have on the GC. As for other payment options, you can use a service like PSO EXPLORER (http://www.psoexplorer.com) so you don't have to use a credit card.

**Special Note about their service** This is taken from the PSO Explorer site:

Unfortunately, as always, once we register your serial and access key, Sega makes it NONtransferable, so you must continue to use PSOE for the duration of your licenses. Likewise, if you have already registered your serial/access key under your own name or an acquiantance's name, we will be unable to transfer your account to our service.

Keep that in mind, if you decide to use their service.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-16 10:05 ]</font>

Django
Apr 16, 2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I only have one friend who plays PSO, and now that he's graduated high school he doesn't have alot of time to play, and online play has seemed really appealing to me.

Do you have to pay each month, or can you pay for a years worth all at once?

Oh, and one more question, the main reason I've had any doubt about getting it online, [besides wasting more time] Are there alot of hacker scares, if any? I've heard online games like PSO get bombarded by item theives.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Django on 2004-04-16 10:12 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 16, 2004, 12:12 PM
If you purchase the HL license yourself, you will be charged once a month on your credit card. As for PSO Explorer, I have no idea if they let you pay for an entire year at a time. You would have to email them and see what their policy is.

There are very few "hackers" online. The main thing you'll have to contend with is dupers. Also be aware that FSOD and FSODX are always a risk you take (although if you have broadband, your chances of that happening are lessened greatly - especially if you use a router.) I personally have never corrupted and I've only FSOD once in my entire PSO career and that was when I went to the EU servers lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-16 10:16 ]</font>