PDA

View Full Version : Who plays Gunbound?

Sayuka
Apr 16, 2004, 04:40 PM
Who here plays Gunbound on PC?

For those who don't know, Gunbound is a Worms-Style turn based shooting game. Each player picks a Mobile (Vehicle) and then they battle it out online with up to 7 other people (in 1v1,2v2,3v3 or 4v4 games).
Its a really fun and addictive game, go to www.gunbound.net for more information.

Anyway, back to the topic.
Who here plays Gunbound?
What is your favourite Mobile?
I alternate between Nak Machine and A.Sate.

FIDELCASTRO
Apr 16, 2004, 04:48 PM
gunbound is Kickin. i suck at it though. i just got it. essence1490. look me up sometime.

Sayuka
Apr 16, 2004, 04:51 PM
I will add you to my list. I havn't been playing it long either, I'm only a Double Stone Axe.
Everyone that plays post your Gunbound IDs as well, maybe we could start a PSOWorld Gunbound Guild?

Firocket1690
Apr 16, 2004, 06:23 PM
-_-;
i hate gunbound ...

*still has a chicken after playing for a bit over two months*

im pretty sure you can guess the gb id

Orange_Coconut
Apr 16, 2004, 06:28 PM
I love Gunbound. I actually just got into it again recently. I think the Cake (JD), althoguh easy to play as, it is my favorite bot. I also like Raon Launcher, but I'm bad with that thing.

Bradicus
Apr 16, 2004, 06:39 PM
I have been experimenting with raon recently, but i have better luck with more concentrated attack bots. I try my best to master mobiles that have been labled "crappy" by the vast majority of GB players...

My name is Shiggidy, so feel free to battle/buddy me at any time.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 16, 2004, 06:54 PM
I haven't been on for months. What does that tell you?
You can play me, S/N is: petmymonkey.
...if I ever get back on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-04-16 16:56 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 16, 2004, 07:14 PM
I didn't knoe Raon was considered crappy, it's probably the ultimate bunger. But the only bot I cannot stand is the new one, Aduka.

I see so many Boomer pros, also. I like boomer, and it's insane if you become a pro with it, but I like variety as well. One bot I never see anyone play as is the Armor Mobile.

metermore
Apr 16, 2004, 07:17 PM
im a metal ax that goes by the name of lazzerac ive got hacked 2ce but i had a bit of fun wit thier acounts to >=) anyway back on topic i play with boomer and alternate with armored moblie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metermore on 2004-04-16 20:39 ]</font>

Bradicus
Apr 16, 2004, 07:38 PM
On 2004-04-16 17:14, Orange_Coconut wrote:
I didn't knoe Raon was considered crappy, it's probably the ultimate bunger. But the only bot I cannot stand is the new one, Aduka.

I see so many Boomer pros, also. I like boomer, and it's insane if you become a pro with it, but I like variety as well. One bot I never see anyone play as is the Armor Mobile.

Armor is actually my best... that 2nd function does some fairly nice damage.

I quit for a while because GB was overpopulated with JD using money-avatar people. It sort of reminded me of all of the SuperSephX's on PSO -_-

Wood_Golem
Apr 16, 2004, 07:39 PM
I got it too.. i'm a double stone axe if memory serves, my nick in their and many other places is telexcel. Been a while since i've played though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Edit- Typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wood_Golem on 2004-04-16 17:40 ]</font>

Sayuka
Apr 17, 2004, 04:04 AM
Yeah, Aduka has been labeled the worst mobile out of all of them. I think Cake is quite good, the ability to move the other mobiles around is great for bunging. But I love Naks tunneling shot.

Daikarin
Apr 17, 2004, 06:24 AM
I do, now.

How the heck can I access the "Avatar" button? Even by changing server I can't seem to activate it.

Firocket1690
Apr 17, 2004, 09:04 AM
On 2004-04-17 04:24, Even_Jin wrote:
I do, now.

How the heck can I access the "Avatar" button? Even by changing server I can't seem to activate it.

'avatar' is when you buy stuff from the shop.
everything you buy gives you a +xx amount to whatever skill. Servers that say avatar function off means they don't get the stat boost, just for visual effects. Those that say avatar function on means they do give the stat boost. This is just for the fairness of newbies.

Edit: oh, and since about 3:20 this morning I'm a Wodden hammer/Axe thingy. Yay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

metermore
Apr 17, 2004, 10:14 AM
On 2004-04-17 04:24, Even_Jin wrote:
I do, now.

have you verify your email adress with gunbound due to all the hacking they want you to now on april 6 be ban 10000 people cause of hacking and "inaproprite" names

Daikarin
Apr 17, 2004, 12:21 PM
Done that. Problem is that I think that the prices are too high.

oO

Tell
Apr 17, 2004, 09:29 PM
One of my favorite games. I'm ChibiTell, a Silver Axe, and I hang around servers 11 and 12.

Nayofy
Apr 17, 2004, 09:31 PM
I deleted GunBound from my PC *tear* It got boring, now CS is wassup xD

Ness
Apr 17, 2004, 09:39 PM
My best friend is trying to convince me to aquire it. I've seen him play it a few times and it looks really cool. I like the background music.

Para
Apr 17, 2004, 10:23 PM
Heh I played it for quite abit before... now too attached to ut2k4. Im quite powerful though.

Daikarin
Apr 18, 2004, 07:31 AM
By the way, can anyone start the game right now? I can't even login on the main page. Is it a server problem?

metermore
Apr 18, 2004, 10:17 AM
alot of people cant not even i it was on the mwssage baords but sofinx (however u spell it) hasnt said any thing yet

Daikarin
Apr 18, 2004, 10:20 AM
Phew, I thought the problem came from my machine.

Sayuka
Apr 18, 2004, 11:48 AM
They deleted 10000 accounts at one time? Dang thats alot.
I'm mostly in Server 2 (easy money I have a high Popularity) or Server 12.
Gunbound ID is Dilandufanel.
I still can't get into GUnbound at the moment though.
And to Ness, I advise you to get it, its really fun, although I play other music over the bg music because playing it for 5 hours straight makes your brain bleed, its like elevator music.

Edit: Typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sayuka on 2004-04-18 09:48 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 18, 2004, 06:39 PM
Don't tell me you don't like the Sudden Death theme, the metropolis theme?

Sayuka
Apr 19, 2004, 03:47 PM
They added 2 pets and a Girl avatar item.
And Sudden Death is fun, Double Death is the only one I play, its just so much destruction.

<<EDIT>>:
You ment the music!
I'm slow.
Its okey for awhile then it just gets boring, I can still hear it over the other music. It's just, dampered, I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sayuka on 2004-04-19 13:48 ]</font>

Daikarin
Apr 19, 2004, 05:03 PM
35,000 for the frickin' Visor on avatar shop?

Thieves.

Any way to give gold to another user?

metermore
Apr 19, 2004, 06:57 PM
nope i wish there was though i once beat a guy who would but me an item for like over 45k but i didnt want anything four that much but he ripped me off anyway....

Sayuka
Apr 20, 2004, 05:17 AM
You have to buy the items then gift them to another account, no money giving at this point.

Also, has anyone else noticed how absolutly crap the new PETs are?

Bradicus
Apr 20, 2004, 07:08 AM
On 2004-04-20 03:17, Sayuka wrote:
You have to buy the items then gift them to another account, no money giving at this point.

Also, has anyone else noticed how absolutly crap the new PETs are?

I think they all look like some kind of ear-eating alien bug...

Daikarin
Apr 20, 2004, 11:49 AM
Something I use to find it funny is when I see those guys with a high rank which play worse than the n00bs they tease so much about.

Sayuka
Apr 21, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, for example when a "Pro" in a Boomer shot his SS so high it went off the screen and came back down and killed himself. T'was amusing.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 21, 2004, 01:12 PM
Actually, if there's one thing I hate about Gunbound, it's the society.

Everyone acts like they are the best and everyone else sucks, which I find to be very annoying. I don't care what their rank is, nor how good they are. So long as they make it a fun match, I'm cool with it.

There truly is no "noob" bot, as some may think. Some may be easier to use than others, but making a good shot is still making a good shot. Also if you have a good friend on there you can make money easily by playing a high angle/backshot/boomer round with them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Daikarin
Apr 21, 2004, 02:07 PM
Er, that's common in online games. PSO also has the 1337 gang, which go "OGM LOLZORZ A N00b GURLZ!!!" everytime they see someone with less experience.

In Gunbound it's basically a rank, instead of an experience level, and since there's no real purpose of starting a new character in Gunbound, these guys don't forgive the newbies.

But I'm sure there's good gamers around, as I come to found out.

Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to play, I'm "EvenJin". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif