PDA

View Full Version : A funny race

TatuPreb119
Apr 16, 2004, 05:02 PM
I was going through TTF the other night and one of the funniest things happened.. in the room that looks like a Tic-Tac-Toe Board In the Ruins.. I break open the boxes with my spead needle and there was a Red Box that fell...
As I was running towards it in the map I seen another player also going for it from the other direction..
We both get hit by claws at the same time from behind and both get knocked down..
When we get back up we both head for the rare and the trap the falls fell and got us both..
After it blows up and we get up agian..
The claws have made their round and get us agian! After we both get up he ends up with the weapon.. it was just a Kalabog nothing fancy but thats the most trouble I've had attempting to actually pick up an Idem... We both had a good laugh and went on and finshed the quest... Anybody else have a good story or experence?

ERS
Apr 16, 2004, 05:55 PM
Who cares? Honestly.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 16, 2004, 06:26 PM
Interesting, Tatu.

3v1L19
Apr 16, 2004, 07:18 PM
On 2004-04-16 15:55, ERS wrote:
Who cares? Honestly.

What the hell is the point of these forums if people cant state things that they want to. If you dont care then shut up and dont post in the thread or forum. I think thats rather funny tatu many things of that nature have happend to me. I think one time something like that happend to me and right before we got to the rare the other player in the game ran by and swooped it up right in front of us.

TatuPreb119
Apr 17, 2004, 07:55 AM
To respond to ERS.. I posted this because it is something different than most the other threads that are out that there... Theres really no point honestly but this is a Thread that people can sit back and post in and have fun and share experences... Not a very Serious thread at all... but thats the point.

PurplePower1
Apr 17, 2004, 09:15 AM
that is cool i too have stories

SammaeltheDark
Apr 17, 2004, 10:29 AM
My item-sniping hungry group and I have plenty of stories like that. Though usually it involves one of us dying after sniping a useless redbox, or even a normal box.

We believe we've found the existance of a new kinda rare monster called "Sweet Justice". It just pops out randomly to punish item-snipers, especially those of us who openly embrace the sport.

Example: There's three of us playing, Rei 4.0, Guy, and me as Kail. Rei 4.0 & I go bolting across the room, dodging all the enemies, leaving Guy the RAmar to fend for himself. Rei 4.0 breaks a box, but I manage to snag the red before him. Then a strange combination of monsters and traps go off all at once and kill me where I stand. Rei 4.0 gets off with serious injuries. THAT is Sweet Justice at work. The item was probably a Photon Drop. I don't remember.

Saffran
Apr 17, 2004, 10:46 AM
Just in passing : don't you think it's a sad thing to see such scenes? I mean, right there you are, helping each others to defeat ennemies, and then a red box appears, and then...

"whu? where did everyone go? Hey!? Could the Force go on casting Rabarta on the 2 Red Sinows, I'm fending off 8 Gilchics here!"

Or something like that happens. It's just bount to. I think it's sad.
But to actually answer the thread, I suppose it must have been funny and exciting to have that much trouble over nothing. It's a sweet memory for later...

Siris
Apr 17, 2004, 10:49 AM
On 2004-04-16 15:02, TatuPreb119 wrote:
I was going through TTF the other night and one of the funniest things happened.. in the room that looks like a Tic-Tac-Toe Board In the Ruins.. I break open the boxes with my spead needle and there was a Red Box that fell...
As I was running towards it in the map I seen another player also going for it from the other direction..
We both get hit by claws at the same time from behind and both get knocked down..
When we get back up we both head for the rare and the trap the falls fell and got us both..
After it blows up and we get up agian..
The claws have made their round and get us agian! After we both get up he ends up with the weapon.. it was just a Kalabog nothing fancy but thats the most trouble I've had attempting to actually pick up an Idem... We both had a good laugh and went on and finshed the quest... Anybody else have a good story or experence?

You should never get all psycho over a red box item that comes from a box. lol Funny though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 11:05 AM
One time,when I was doing forest 2 with my little fomar buddy,in the room where you can see the boxes on the central dome by the dragon warp,he used rafoie. It broke the boxes on the upper ledge and we were so excited. WE decided to head straaight for it,because I'm a very curious person. I didn't really want the rare,I just had to know what it was. It turned out to be a club of luconium http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif
My weirdest moment with ttf,was when my striker of choa talked to me. I knew it was supposed to,but its just creepy when it actualy happens.

TatuPreb119
Apr 17, 2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah the rares in the boxes are usally crap but its still kinda fun getting them.. Another time we were in the ruins where all of the lazers are that you've got to flip switches for theres one box that is surrounded by four red lazers... it got busted and there it was a rare that noone could get without somebody else flipping the switch... we all stood there for just a moment then a couple of us went for the switch... Photon Drop!

Evil_Althena8
Apr 17, 2004, 02:15 PM
Whenever a red box drops on the ground, my friends and I panic and rush towards it as fast as possible. Every red box is an insane race to us

Atlas
Apr 17, 2004, 02:25 PM
Item, not idem, but interesting story.....dont know where the tic tac toe board comes in though, lol.

Siris
Apr 17, 2004, 02:28 PM
On 2004-04-17 12:25, Atlas wrote:
Item, not idem, but interesting story.....dont know where the tic tac toe board comes in though, lol.

It's gotta be the room that looks like a tic-tac-toe board on the map...the one with the warp that takes you to the center of the room.

TatuPreb119
Apr 17, 2004, 03:38 PM
My bad I knew that looked funny.. Brain Fart

Eihwaz
Apr 17, 2004, 03:46 PM
Haha, intriguing, Tatu.

I remember something like this happening, but the rare was only a crappy Redria model Flowen's Sword. My friend gave it to me. I would've rather had a Flight Cutter. Or that Windmill that damned Mil Lilly didn't drop. ;__;

Sef
Apr 17, 2004, 03:47 PM
Hah, that is pretty funny. I wish I could share an experience like that. Alas, I do not have one. Perhaps when I am online(one day!), or with my two other friends, I'll be able to have some hilarious tale to tell about how we tried to get an item. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

3v1L19
Apr 17, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-04-17 12:28, Siris wrote:

On 2004-04-17 12:25, Atlas wrote:

It's gotta be the room that looks like a tic-tac-toe board on the map...the one with the warp that takes you to the center of the room.

Well to explain a little bit better then that when you are doing TTF in ruins 3 when you come out of the teleporter you got the 6claws and bringer that pop up right out of the blue then next room is the tic tac toe board and it all took place in the top left corner if thats what im hearing >.> <.<