PDA

View Full Version : GC BBA + Linksys Router = Lag?

Alexandro98
Apr 16, 2004, 06:47 PM
Hi ya,
I played PSO back when DC was popular, and decided to come back recently with the GC version on PSO. So I recently got me a copy of PSO, BBA and keyboard and headed online. Worked great!.. except for the lag was horrible!! Way way way worse than I remember on the DC. When I type on the keyboard I have to go P A I N F U L L Y slow or other wise the chars wont pop up, i mean really really slow typing. And I noticed that chars would pop around on my screen and it was hard to pick up items. Other people were not complaining of lag, so Im assuming it was me.
OK my setup:
Comcast cable ISP
Linksys Network Everywhere Router Model Number: NR041
DCHP setup on router, IP and DNS all set to auto, Like comcast said to do.
CAT from port straight to GC BBA

Any suggestions? the game is not fun at all with this extreme lag.
Thanks in advance~!!

BRTW2
Apr 16, 2004, 10:08 PM
Ok, the keyboard, if its a powerboard, take off the adapters cover, leave it exposed, it won't over heat now, it'll work for 2 hours before u have to blow on the chip. You can also drill holes in the case, but I did that, and still leave the case off.

(let me clarify, when i say cable, i mean the ethernet wire that comes out of the router.)

Otherwise, I have the same stuff u have, comcast, linksys(only way to go), and I never had bad lag, except frame la in ep2, which everyone gets. Perhaps its the cable you have, is it a belkin cat 5? If so, what color, there are rumors about different colors not working right. If its cat6, go get a cat5, you'll thank urself. If its wireless, see if the settings are correct to your network.

Oh, and um, about the powerboard, one other comment, you can't type the same key twice in less than a half seond or it wont register.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BRTW2 on 2004-04-16 20:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BRTW2 on 2004-04-16 20:14 ]</font>