PDA

View Full Version : Rangers the best class?

kazuma56
Apr 16, 2004, 07:37 PM
Let's reflect on that topic just a little before you answer......

Okay, I wouldn't have posted this unless I have good reason in believeing that Rangers are the best class, so I would like to create a constructive conflict on this board so that I can put my assumtion to rest.

Okay here are some reasons why I think that Rangers are the best class:

Stats: they have stats that are more or less, half of their Hunter counter-parts.

battle efficiency: they have good ATA and HP which can make them more efficient that Hunters in close-range battle (special abilities of weps). they also have the option to fight from afar to balance the system out.

Enemies: there are some enemies that are "Anti-hunter" so to speak, like Sinow Zoa/zele etc, they disappear after your first hit and reappear behind you which makes battle alot longer, A ranger can use a gun that does good dmg plus kills those enemy types fast.

....I ended up doing this differently than planned, but oh well, anyway, hope I get some feedback on this soon.

I think there is more to add but I cannot remeber at the moment.

DurakkenX
Apr 16, 2004, 09:07 PM
ummm Rangers are by far i think the most annoying class...in my oppinion they take almost all the fun out of the gun because all you do is run in take a couple shots, run out...run back in shoot..run out... they also steal EXP from lower levels a lot of time...so yeah...

Also They are notthe best...to be the best you would have to say that EVERYONE can play with them nice and easy and i definately suck with them

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 09:28 PM
The best class is purly opinoin. Some way find one class annoying,one class pointless,one unfun. While another way think that they are great. Some may not like hunters for there badness with guns and you have to get pretty close to the enemy. Some think rangers are bad because they are far from the enemy,even though forces are too so I don't get that one,or that they like close combat with higher atp. You might not like forces because of their low defense and techs are sometimes weak. There are others reasons I just can't think.
If you think rangers are best then,to you,they are. I personaly also like rangers,I may be a ramarl partisan though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Bascially,there is no real best class,its what you think is the best or your favourite to play.

Eihwaz
Apr 16, 2004, 09:53 PM
RAmars suck. Totally. Their only good thing is their uber-high ATA, but it's really overkill. They can't use any weapons that RAmarls can't due to the ATA, and at max ATA, the other RAngers won't be missing. Period.

Also, other than RAcast, and MAYBE RAcaseal, RAngers have crappy HP.

RAmarls, however, could be considered the arguably best character in the game. S/D/J/Z, decent ATP, great ATA (for RAngers, once your ATA hits a certain point, you won't miss), 2nd best EVP. They can do the standard RAnger stuff well, they can melee well, and they can support well. (Marina's Bag, anyone?)

You can't have a best class; you can only have best characters. There's absolutely no point saying that Hunters are better than this, and Forces are better than that. It's always quite arguable.

Other than RAmarls, I don't much care for RAngers...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-16 19:56 ]</font>

3v1L19
Apr 16, 2004, 10:07 PM
On 2004-04-16 19:28, Cheep wrote:
The best class is purly opinoin.

Thats enough said right there.

PurplePower1
Apr 16, 2004, 10:29 PM
the only reason rangers are good is if your some kind of wimp who can't take enemies head on, that is what i think

3v1L19
Apr 16, 2004, 10:31 PM
Yes I agree with him...but they can be fun at times with something like...Baranz Launcher with alot of cash in your pocket owning the ruins with some friends nothing beats that...

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 10:42 PM
On 2004-04-16 20:29, PurplePower1 wrote:
the only reason rangers are good is if your some kind of wimp who can't take enemies head on, that is what i think

That was sooo dumb. Why do people think that about rangers and not forces?! I use a twin blaze on my ramarl and I played with a humar who only used guns because he didn't want to get hit. That is a wimp.

3v1L19
Apr 16, 2004, 11:01 PM
Now dont go bad on fos damnit we got it hard well if your legit not a cheater whatever. We have to work hard and our TP blows by fast when we are really working it. We also support you dang hunters and rangers. Rangers rarely get hit if true ranger....DONT TURN THIS INTO A DISS FO THREAD BECUASE ILL MAKE IT SO YOU GET PWNDEZ!!!11!!

Xaos_127
Apr 16, 2004, 11:18 PM
force type characters are just a weaker version of rangers,use techs from the distance horrible Hp and defence low atp what more can i say?

Gaurdian
Apr 16, 2004, 11:20 PM
On 2004-04-16 20:42, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-04-16 20:29, PurplePower1 wrote:

That was sooo dumb. Why do people think that about rangers and not forces?! I use a twin blaze on my ramarl and I played with a humar who only used guns because he didn't want to get hit. That is a wimp.

sorry true hunters should use swords and trued rangers should use guns. what i am saying is that the idea of a ranger is to use something that you can hurt an enemy and not get hurt back. that is what i don't like about rangers.

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 11:23 PM
On 2004-04-16 21:01, 3v1L19 wrote:
Now dont go bad on fos damnit we got it hard well if your legit not a cheater whatever. We have to work hard and our TP blows by fast when we are really working it. We also support you dang hunters and rangers. Rangers rarely get hit if true ranger....DONT TURN THIS INTO A DISS FO THREAD BECUASE ILL MAKE IT SO YOU GET PWNDEZ!!!11!!

Thats not what I meant... I wonder why people don't like rangers for a reason that also applies to forces,but they don't use it against them. I don't see why people are that biased. What the heck is PWNDEZ please use english.

iamfanboy
Apr 16, 2004, 11:27 PM
And my RAmarl played HUmar throughout Very Hard and Ult Forest with the nifty Delsaber's pair; it was nice being able to shoot someone as they approached then switching to melee.

Nowadays, my RAmarl's more traditional, but that's because the HUnewearl wanted niftier equipment than the Yamato... besides, the Yamato clashed with her outfit.

You MUST color-coordinate with your weapons, Mags, and clothing, don't you know. ~_^

Stingray
Apr 17, 2004, 03:09 AM
OK here is my view:

All the classes are at their best when they work together properly:

Hunters pack the punch... their job is simple, run up to the enemy and dis out heavy damage to kill them off.

Rangers play the role of fire support without having to worry about running out of TP.. they soften up targets for the hunters to kill in one combo or to finish off that target when it is weak. Also they can stun an enemy with a well timed shot to prevent it from hitting the hunters. Also Rangers can destroy/knock down the flying targets the hunters can't damage very easily

Forces they support the rest with Shift/ Deband, and then weaken the enemies with Zalure and Jellen. Then they throw in a little extra help with blast radius spells to soften up enemies.

there is my view on things

iamfanboy
Apr 17, 2004, 04:17 AM
I think Kazuma's theory behind this thread is that Rangers are best for SOLO play; going it alone that is.

...And let's face it, the RAmarl has the solo experience hands-down covered, competed with only by the HUnewearl and (I'm thinking) the FOnewm (not that ANYTHING could make me play one of them.) Jellen/Zalure/Shifta/Deband, all techs 20, access to the best guns in the game, fair HP, and snazzy outfits all in one package?

Now, this is talking if you don't want a CHALLENGE, as if the game wasn't challenging enough as is! Even the most ardent android fan must admit any android is harder to play with in solo than any character that uses J/Z/D/S or any combination of the above (else why would M&Y be considered essential Photon Blasts?), RAmars lose out to RAmarls slightly because of better tech usage and versatility, FOmarls are designed to be support spellslingers versus the straight offensive power of FOnewms, etcetera...

If you want ease of play and to kick general ass, then J/Z/S/D is essential. I'm strictly offline (up until my buddy sends me his modem and gnarly Jap controller), so my point of view is necessarily biased towards solo-style characters.

EVERYBODY PLAYS DIFFERENTLY, and everybody enjoys the game differently. I picked my characters based on my video game motto *points at sig*, not on any illusionary advantage.

...Aside from the first RAmarl I created on a friend's memory card, because he wanted someone to use the guns and cast Deband/Shifta while he chopped things to teeny pieces with his STAG CUTLERY.

DurakkenX
Apr 17, 2004, 05:36 AM
Honestly...Rangers are the most pointless class for online play what so ever...They don't do good damge nor do they have good spells...they are simply exp stealers and nothing more...they help in no way that another class couldn't do better.

The best team online would be 2 HUcasts/HUnewearls a FOmarl and a FOmar...why?

Well first FOmarl...Mega support, Resta, Shifta & Deband, along with Jellen & Zalure has the most distance and is the most effective at their higher levels than any other force..granted boring but this class is awesome to have along

Second FOmar...While not the strongest battle magic user he still does good damage with magic, useful for De Rol Le and Falz's final form and on top of that he can attack decently with weps so he can conserve TP for when it matters

Thirdly HUcasts/HUnewearls...These do the most damage of any class with the ability of doing anywhere from 1500-3000 damage in one hit...and they both have decent to very good HP. They can power through almost all enemies with the help of FOmarl. FOmarl's S/H/Z/J will boost them while they go pure powering over others...throw in the fact with the FOmarl they don't need mates or anti stuff. Fill them up with TriFluids to give the FOs when they run out and Sol atomizers...And if your playing with a good team this leaves lots of room for a Hunter to carry extra things so they can collect items and such while the FOmar gives cover...

offline however...Rangers are the easiest on all things accept Falz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-17 03:37 ]</font>

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 11:29 AM
The best online team would depend largly on the players. I played with a support fomarl who ran into the room j/zed and then stood in the corner and shouted at you to kill the enemies >.> Rangers are not pointless,no class is. Cheep can kill just about everything in the forest with one combo or less,and her evp allows for only few hits from tallows(are those the third ones?) and sometimes hildes. They can go alone or with a team. They are good for support and power. I personaly like a team to have at least one ranger. I'm often on teams with only rangers and forces and we do just as well as ones with hunters. A good team would be balanced with atleast one of each class. It would be stupid for one class to be pointless, they wouldn't make the game that way. There is no best class,there are simply favourites.

Stingray
Apr 17, 2004, 11:44 AM
Honestly...Rangers are the most pointless class for online play what so ever...They don't do good damge nor do they have good spells...they are simply exp stealers and nothing more...they help in no way that another class couldn't do better.

Wrong!!!! you don't see a lot of a Rangers use until Caves, and Ep2 this is where they shine... In the Caves we can take down Ob Lilies without getting in their range or use tons of TP. In Ep2 Marecarals (or how ever you spell the name to that HUGE plants) Rangers can take them down without having to worry about instain death.

Rangers true usefulness shows best when they pull out Snow Queens and Frozen Shooters ... nothing else can turn Delbiters, and Ill Gills to a walk in the park like a good old Ranger freezing them before they can do anything while the hunters hack away at a frozen hunk of Ice...

***Also I'm talking in the terms of Legit players...when your playing non-legit everything is different***

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 11:55 AM
On 2004-04-16 19:53, Eihwaz wrote:
RAmars suck. Totally. Their only good thing is their uber-high ATA, but it's really overkill. They can't use any weapons that RAmarls can't due to the ATA, and at max ATA, the other RAngers won't be missing. Period.

Also, other than RAcast, and MAYBE RAcaseal, RAngers have crappy HP.

RAmarls, however, could be considered the arguably best character in the game. S/D/J/Z, decent ATP, great ATA (for RAngers, once your ATA hits a certain point, you won't miss), 2nd best EVP. They can do the standard RAnger stuff well, they can melee well, and they can support well. (Marina's Bag, anyone?)

You can't have a best class; you can only have best characters. There's absolutely no point saying that Hunters are better than this, and Forces are better than that. It's always quite arguable.

Other than RAmarls, I don't much care for RAngers...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-16 19:56 ]</font>

i agree with ya there Eihwaz, ramarls can kick some serious booty.. yes.. for somet people, the "shoot-enemies-from-a-distance" thing is quite annoying..

personally, i don't use that many guns with my ramarl.. maybe a rifle, but no more than i would use a handgun with a HU.. and since rifles have longer range, i think it's perfect... especially for a melee ramarl.. mine mainly uses a twin blaze for single enemies and madam's umbrella for multiple enemies... but ocassionally i do feel like picking off some enemies from afar.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 01:28 PM
Rangers are more effective killers up clos, no matter what weapons they are using. doublesabers, claws, and katanas all have point blank only range, but the most effective guns in the game are charge vulcans and spread needle, both with very limited range. the only way i would actually see a RA fighting effectively from far away would be with Yasminkov 9000m and an Srank shot with zalure on it.

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 01:35 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:28, lain2k3 wrote:
Rangers are more effective killers up clos, no matter what weapons they are using. doublesabers, claws, and katanas all have point blank only range, but the most effective guns in the game are charge vulcans and spread needle, both with very limited range. the only way i would actually see a RA fighting effectively from far away would be with Yasminkov 9000m and an Srank shot with zalure on it.

I think your missing the intire point of a ranger ... They are far away,for the most part. I'm good with my twin blaze,but much more effective and effiacant with my guld milla or other mechs. I kill faster and sometimes better with my guns than my sisters hunewearl. Shots are inefficiant for killing...

Atlas
Apr 17, 2004, 02:07 PM
I am a ranger, but they are my fave class for attacking. I only use them. But forces get many exp by casting spells hitting many enemies! And you never mentioned forces in your pros and cons, only rangers and hunters!

kazuma56
Apr 17, 2004, 03:41 PM
Quite a Good turnout overnight, here are somethings I do get and Don't get.

1. I get that everybody has a Favourtie class and has their own opinion of whta class is best, but a Ranger by far is the best class to play if you want to be a Hunter/force Hunter=Close-range and Force=long Range.

2. I don't get the whole Tech lvl 20 thing quite though, sure having access to both J/Z and S/D is good, but when I melee with my RAmar, the chances of me getting hit are really slim, even in Multimode, I think it really depends on how well you know how to attack enemies rather than the techs you can use.

3. The thing I hate most is the way people stereotype Classes so much, "If you're a Ranger, you must use guns" it's like saying because i'm black, I must do/have done drugs sometime in my life, it just doesn't make sense, You are supposed to play a class anyway you want to, not the way others tell/think you must play them as.... logically of course, you don't want to play a char which is extremely low ATP and HP and go meleeing in ult ruins.

4. I must say that offline, Female Hu's and Ra's and Forces (I guess) are better than the other Ra's and Hu's, but I think it's more fun to have a challenge than have none at all.... I'm not saying that people who use the classes mentioned above are lesser players than those who don't use them, but I think the differences are noticable because one class may not care if they get hit while doing a combo, while the other has to care because they don't want to get whacked.

5. Last but not least, the person who said that Rangers are "Pointless online" is....wrong, nothing is better than a Ra who knows what he's doing in this mode, if you have a Ranger with a Spread Needle and decent ATA you can dominate all of ep.1 to ep.2 spaceship, and then using rifle's and meleeing is more effective in those areas, and if you have a TEAM PLAYER ranger, he should be using wep specials to try to ease the attack on hunters instead of full combo's, the people that suck are those that don't play as a team.

that is all that I remeber that I thought needed addressing.

kazuma56
Apr 17, 2004, 03:45 PM
O yea, and Rangers don't do good dmg? offline my RAmar hit's 500's using a Melee weapon and certain guns in my inventory, and that reduces a bit for multimode, but then again, so do the enemies def and str so i'll be doing around 500's still but only hitting highs (not criticals), hell, my ranger using a Baranz Launcher does no less than 900+ dmg.

doubletake123
Apr 17, 2004, 08:12 PM
Hucast...yeah tank on legs its great.

Rogue100
Apr 18, 2004, 05:43 AM
Honestly...Rangers are the most pointless class for online play what so ever...

Try running through Ultimate Tower (actually anywhere in Ultimate), 1st without a ranger and then 2nd with a ranger wielding a frozen shooter/snow queen, and then tell me that they are useless for online play.

They don't do good damge nor do they have good spells...

True, they aren't the most powerful classes in the game, but they can hit an enemy on the other side of the room several times in the time it takes for the HU to run over and wack it once. By the time the HU gets there, the target's already softened up. As far as techs go, RAmars are about equivalent to HUmars and RAmarls are about equivalent to HUnewearls. In other words, they may not be great, but they are no worse than any other non-FO, and you obviously wouldn't expect them to be better than any FO. Additionally, the RAmarls Lvl 20 (Lvl 7 Anti) techs are nothing to sneeze at, and are often very appreciated by others in games where there is no FO present.

They help in no way that another class couldn't do better.

They soften up enemies from a distance, which FO's do, but they do it without expending TP in the process! Additionally, this really only goes for RAmarls (RAmarls rock, IMHO), sometimes it is just as valuable to have a well rounded character who can do everything reasonably well even if they are not the best in any one area.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rogue100 on 2004-04-18 03:52 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 08:02 AM
ok yeah true..they ar balanced and such and that is why they are good offline, but online almost EVERY other class can do better than them in another area...as for TP expendature...well that's the fault of not being a good team...once your on ult you should have enough TP to sustain yourself for a while and then be able to pipe up and use medic...lots of effectiveness...

Granted Snow Queen is great, but many people don't have it or don't use it right.

As far as you are supposed to use your char the way you want..true, but in a team thas why there are classes so they can do their job. If i want magic i'm gonna play a FO...

Earlier today i was playing with a friend and i was levle 90...he was 134...he was a FOmar useing mechs...me a HUnewearl using TJ...i had to keep casting spells because he wouldn't when he HAS way higher abilities than my char...obviously there is something wrong...you play the char to your style, but the char's are designed to be used with certain styles

kazuma56
Apr 18, 2004, 03:40 PM
Well, maybe the Guy didn't have lvl 30 S/D, J/Z, most legit's don't have lvl 30 spells, also, if you're using a TJ you could handle yourself so who cares if the Fo isn't doing his job, you're wielding the most powerful sword in the game so it balances out, maybe if you were using a weaker weapon he would have used his techs but since you were not, it didn't make sense to.

Also, if he was using a Fo with mechs, wouldn't he cast S/D at least? because a Fomar's max ATP is like 1005 (or something like that) leaving him with a possible 1115 (if he was using an s-rank), which is pretty much petty dmg in Ult, so you would at least have gotten S/D which is part of a fo's "job".

iamfanboy
Apr 18, 2004, 03:52 PM
Hey, I resent that non-legit level 30 spell comment; I've got 4 level 30 spells, and that number goes up to 6 with one Wizard/technique, and goes up to 9 with two Wizard/techniques...

It's just a matter of enough Ult Ruins runs, and when you're hunting Spread Needles, you sure as hell see enough good tech disks.

It's the level 20's that I'M having a hard time finding for maxing out my HUnewearl and RAmarl. Sonuvabyeahtch!

kazuma56
Apr 18, 2004, 03:55 PM
My Fomar only has 3 spells that are not lvl 30, everything else is lvl 30 because of my wiz/technique, I'm just saying that most people don't have legit lvl 30 techs because most are always saying that they can't find the disks.

Rogue100
Apr 18, 2004, 11:17 PM
On 2004-04-18 06:02, DurakkenX wrote:
ok yeah true..they ar balanced and such and that is why they are good offline, but online almost EVERY other class can do better than them in another area

You are not always going to have a team with the right balance of classes! Having a balanced character present ensures that everything the team needs to get done can get done. My S/D/J/Z may not be lvl 30's, but they do the job when a FO's not present.

...as for TP expendature...well that's the fault of not being a good team...once your on ult you should have enough TP to sustain yourself for a while and then be able to pipe up and use medic...lots of effectiveness...

My point was that while FO's can do ranged attacks with their offensive techs at the expense of their TP, RA's can do the same with guns, without ever having TP be an issue. This has nothing to do with being on a good or bad team. Even the best FO will still run low on TP, especially when the game has no RA in it to ease this burden off of the FO's. Generally, a RA's guns will do more damage as well, as offensive techs in ULT aren't that effective.

Granted Snow Queen is great, but many people don't have it or don't use it right.

True, not everyone has it or use it as well as they should, but when used well, it is one of the most effective weapons in the game for a team.

Overall, rather than the 2 FO / 2 HU combination you mentioned you would like, I would replace 1 FO (probably the FOmar) with a RA, and then you would have a killer team. A second FO is just redundant!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rogue100 on 2004-04-18 21:19 ]</font>

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 19, 2004, 12:01 AM
It is true, Rangers can hit better at close range, but they still don't have enough power to be effective at it.

I disaggree in full to Zoas being Anti-hunter. They certainly aren't. They're fun, that's it.

Hunters can be hard to use, and they're so close to rangers, it's really a matter of who you are. I personally think hunters are a little better, but I recently fell in love with my Ramarl, and am training a lot with her.

kazuma56
Apr 19, 2004, 10:38 AM
It all depends on what the ranger is using, if you are not using wep specials, than maybe a Ra wouldn't be doing dmg on par with a Humar, but my Ramar using a 50% to Hit charge gungir does around 700+ dmg to enemies, and 600+ in ult multimodes, which is heavy dmg conisdering that the weapon is really weak and has only 1 % on it.

Zoa's are not fun at low lvls, try going in ult seabed with a Hunter type char and going into a room with 2 zoa's and see how fun it is missing many of your attacks and them constantly disappearing and casting rabarta.

Stingray
Apr 19, 2004, 10:59 AM
It is all on how you play... I like Rangers because if you miss alot your not screwed like a hunter is because your not close to the creature... and if you are using a hunter weapon you will hit almost all the time, also Rangers can get rid of those little flying pests better than Hunters can since we will always be able to reach them with our guns.

Personal I like hitting and doing decent damage (like Rangers) instead of missing a lot then getting it a couple of powerful hits (Hunters). This is also reflected on my HUcast's first Mag where I went with 120 Dex while using a God/Arm. I decided to cut down the Dex to 80 and add more power later though...

PurplePower1
Apr 19, 2004, 11:46 AM
i use hunters and it sucks when you miss, at least when your a ranger you will have a chance

kazuma56
Apr 20, 2004, 09:32 AM
Chance? my RAmar never misses using a Hu wep unless I use the weapons special, otherwise it's always clean hits.

I assume that Hucaseal's are the best Hu's for Ata seeing as they max out higher than the rest.

Jae
Apr 20, 2004, 10:58 AM
I still can't believe this topic is debated as hotly as it is. It's still a matter of opinion depending on your playstyle and what you want to get out of your character. I play both an HU and an RA, although I admit the RA is my favorite (and highest level).

RAs excel in support with their Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle paralysis specials. They also excel in damage with mechguns (yes I said mechguns) and high powered rifles. And in some cases like my RAmarl, they have great support techs and can be a ghetto FO when needed.

A character is only what you make it to be.

Ketchup345
Apr 20, 2004, 11:19 AM
RAngers are very versatile. The RAmarl can be a support FOrce fairly easily (as long as there is no competent FOrce or HUnewearl).

Also, each RAnger has stats that are the best that would be more useful on a HUnter. The RAcaseal has the highest DFP, the RAmarl has the highest EVP, the RAcast has the highest HP.

My Ramarl can melee as well, or even better than my brother's HUmar. Yes, RAngers were made for distance attacking; but ST for some reason gave them stats that would be most ideal on a HUnter.

Whoever said RAngers were bad online is wrong. I have been in several games where there were 3-4 RAmarls, and we owned the stages with ease (Temple and Tower); a Force could have slowed us down a bit. Tower is impossible without a RAnger using a Frozen Shooter.

And as said before, RAngers are best at a close to a medium range (except for certain Rifles {ie. Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen} and Yasminkov 9000M). Some of them have perfect stats for melee (as I said above), and can easily deal damage that surpasses a FOrce and can almost be on par with a HUnewearl damage wise when going melee. No one can use Mechguns as effectively as a RAnger, making them very handy for tough boss fights or some tougher enemies.

RAngers do more than just steal EXP when on a team, they can make the difference between a stage taking 20 mins or taking 40 mins.

oeagrus
Apr 20, 2004, 01:52 PM
Did you ever notice...
to HU's, it's all about the damage they do. Not the damage they can withstand, not the support they offer the group, not the team playing, not the experience sharing...

just "X does the most damage, so X is the best character."

This is why I will ALWAYS join a game with some RAmarls, HUnewearls and Forces LONG BEFORE I'll enter a game with only HUmars/casts. Not to stereotype, but in my 1500+ hours of playing as a force only one time with one player (still a good friend of mine) did a HUcast ever stop what he was doing and throw a Star Atomizer on the group to refill everyone's health. What a nice guy!

When you think about it, there's a reason Star Atomizers are in the game and HARDLY NO ONE uses them to refill a group on the fly. 99.99% of people feed 'em to their mags and it would never even dawn on them to maybe, just perhaps, support the group a little. And just watch, HU thumper will reply to this with "But I'm doing all this uber damage, that's helping you not die." but it's also stealing my experience.

I didn't mean to take this off topic, but most players are selfish, and the most selfish are the HU's who post replies about how lame or boring non-HU's are.

Jamara
Apr 20, 2004, 02:09 PM
I think all classes are equal. I mean come on. It really depends on what you want to do. IF YOU want to be accurate, Rangers are good, If you want to do damage HUs are better, IF YOU're a support guy (or gal) forces are perfect they all have strengthes and weaknesses to make them balanced. If they were unbalanced then everyone would be the best class and online mode would be boring, there that's my two cents.

Jae
Apr 20, 2004, 02:44 PM
Too true, Oeagrus. However that selfishness goes beyond HUs, I'd say it's just the player base. Two days ago I cringed as the 180ish RAmar I was with in Control Tower (Megid central) put away his Frozen Shooter and decided to use his S-Rank Twin instead because he does "more damage" with it.

I've also had a good share of FOs over the weekend who either meleed or spammed RA-techs, and didn't cast s/d/j/z or even have Resta on their hot-keys.

The way some people play these days is mind boggling.

kazuma56
Apr 20, 2004, 07:32 PM
Each class has their specific job that they excel in, but the reason why I say rangers are the best class is because offline or online, you have the ability to "fool around" or switch roles (whatever you want to call it) when it seems logical to do so, when I play my RAmar in offline multimode I melee in every area except Seabed, which in that case I use my long-range weps to insure success in that area, I will also use it if my Bro/friends are already going after an enemy and it is better for me to just shoot the enemies instead of slash them.