PDA

View Full Version : Best bet for FOmarl lv.100 in Ult?

Fr0zenFear
Apr 16, 2004, 09:32 PM
Hello again, all. Like I previously stated, I am a level 100 FOmarl. Sadly one day, I had forgotten to bank all of my money (which was around 66,000$). Now I am broke, and I needed that money for Trifluids, which brings up another subject. I need to know what Force weapon I should use while questing for meseta. I currently am using Hildebear's Cane +9, H&25 Justice +9, and Akiko's Frying Pan. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fr0zenFear on 2004-04-16 19:50 ]</font>

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 09:41 PM
How'd you get 66million mesta,all I can get is 999,999 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif anywho,you could try doing quests on a lower difficultly to get more money. Are your weapons working for you? You could try and get some combats(mechs) for her,that worked for my fomarl.She was kinds a meelee/support fo though...

Fr0zenFear
Apr 16, 2004, 09:50 PM
Haha..my bad. 66,000. Thanks for the advice. For now, I am doing all of the quests that have teammates that do good damage. Right now I am on Ultimate Gran Squall, and I'm using Bernie as bait. Here's some advice for Ultimate forces: Run in, use Deband or Zalure on everything in there, and get out quick. Bernie will take the enemies damage, and will practically fight for you. Then just run back in and grab what they left.

Gaurdian
Apr 16, 2004, 11:36 PM
i guess cheep can't read well, you did say 66,000.

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 11:41 PM
On 2004-04-16 21:36, Gaurdian wrote:
i guess cheep can't read well, you did say 66,000.

she/he edited,guess you can't read

PurplePower1
Apr 16, 2004, 11:54 PM
that is too bad you lost all of your money, i had about 250000 once and accidently took it to Ragol with me and died thinking my partner had a moon atomizer, he didn't though. lets just say i stopped playing PSO for awhile.

Eihwaz
Apr 17, 2004, 12:28 AM
On 2004-04-16 19:32, Fr0zenFear wrote:
Hello again, all. Like I previously stated, I am a level 100 FOmarl. Sadly one day, I had forgotten to bank all of my money (which was around 66,000$). Now I am broke, and I needed that money for Trifluids, which brings up another subject. I need to know what Force weapon I should use while questing for meseta. I currently am using Hildebear's Cane +9, H&25 Justice +9, and Akiko's Frying Pan. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I'd use all three of those. They're all pretty good weapons, and each can help you save up money.
Hildebear's Cane's Foie can be used to kill off Fire-weak enemies after you've softened them up a bit with other attacks. It's also a pretty decent melee weapon.

H&S25 Justice is a pretty good Mechgun, and with Shifta/Zalure, you should do quite nice damage.
Akiko's Frying Pan has Geist for a special. You can use this to restore TP, as well as to melee with. Although, a Geist Raygun with Hit would probably be better...

I'd reccomend doing multiple complete Forest runs. You'll find lots of Meseta each run, as well as many ???? Weapons that, once tekked, will sell for a lot. And, if you get lucky, there are probably some good rares for you to find. Since you're level 100, the runs will go quickly. If you can handle Mines well enough, do runs there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-16 22:35 ]</font>

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 12:33 AM
Give her some good weapons and a mag and melee. My fomarl started destroying the ultimate ruins in melee at level 100. Fomarls are crappy casting forces.

and not to mention she alsoh had 999,999 meseta at level 83 with no financial assitance at all... do you only take money from quests or something?

Fr0zenFear
Apr 17, 2004, 02:09 AM
On 2004-04-16 22:33, lain2k3 wrote:
Give her some good weapons and a mag and melee. My fomarl started destroying the ultimate ruins in melee at level 100. Fomarls are crappy casting forces.

and not to mention she alsoh had 999,999 meseta at level 83 with no financial assitance at all... do you only take money from quests or something?

I take money from both quests, and from hunting. The matter is I used to use all of that money on Trifluids and food for my mag http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

opaopajr
Apr 17, 2004, 04:39 AM
are you at ultimate?... just go back to v.hard, make a solo run (and since you are at a decently high level you should be able to *run*) through the entire thing (don't bother fighting falz). sell just about everything (naturally) and by then you should have plenty of meseta. just do what you need to do (if you're melee, melee, if you're spam caster, spam cast) and just ryuker back a few times to collect emergency difluids. eventually you'll collect enough from soloing.

also i still don't get it about having meseta on you. you should *always* dump your meseta into your bank. if you ever need meseta for trifluid just go to the bank, it's close to the shop anyways. after a while you'll find your bank full and find yourself awash with meseta sitting on your person. i know all my characters do. also when trifluids or sol atoms or some other irregular showing tool appears that you need i just stock 10 in the bank as well so i'm rarely without. money is nothing, just remember to always shop, sell/buy, bank, then pipe back.

ps: i didn't hear you mention difluids, but they stay useful for a very long time too, you should be buying 10 along with your trifluids every time. i've found my friends over spend on trifluids when they could just make do with a little difluids on the side. try it you'll be surprised. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2004-04-17 02:42 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Apr 17, 2004, 05:01 AM
My advice - go back to Vhard (as said previously) but do continuous runs of Ruins. the money recieved in quests is minimal, so don't bother with them, and doing a full run of Vhard would just mean you are playing for longer with no money. Vhard Ruins has better items than Ultimate Forest, so a few runs, picking up all Armors/Shields and maybe the odd ???waepon, should get you quite a bit of money in a short time. I'd say that in 1 run you could probably get about 60,000 meseta or maybe more, if you ensure that you destroy all the boxes and pick up all the Armors and Shields.

~ Antimony

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 11:35 AM
Hmmm,while collecting money doing solo runs(if you want to do so),you could try what my brother used to do on his fonewm. He'd ryuker back with his last bit of tp and go to the medical place,so cheap... Anyway now I made his fonewm into a meelee fo of doom,with 65% hit combats of doom! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif meeleeing might be a good way to go while collecting money,you'd save money on fluids.

opaopajr
Apr 18, 2004, 01:01 AM
yeah, there's always going back with your last bit of tp and healing up at the clinic. but i really hope you can collect some spare meseta fast because in my McScrooge days i found that it's just so time consuming. learned to break that habit and learned how to reliably stock up meseta instead - saved so much time just to throw obscene amounts of meseta at the problem.

by the way the v.hard ruins is a good idea. that or v.hard mines, whichever is faster, is a good way to stock up on spare meseta. and since you are broke remember: pick up everything http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif it's cash.

team play does tend to run through your cash surprisingly fast, dividing the spoils and all... so yeah, the best fix is a diligent hour or so of soloing.

Dana
Apr 18, 2004, 05:40 AM
i hate lossing money....i've maxed out all mt charaters money, past tense.....and i got to a surplus of 300,000 and a dark bringers annoying(powerful)beam killed me. but now i'm less than maxed with my FO as i trained about 3 mags all at once using trimates/fluids-ouch for the money-