PDA

View Full Version : Power maser...whats the point?

TheXtremist
Apr 16, 2004, 10:00 PM
ok so i was thinking about starting a ranger, so i decided to do some gol dragon runs to try and get myself a maser beam and turn it into a power maser...i checked out the stats for the gun on pso world and it seemed really awsome...Believe me, its not. all it does is cast zonde at everything, and considering im a ramar with lvl 15 zonde, it does pathetic amounts of damage to everything. I went to such effort to get this weapon and it turns out that it sucks. Is there somthing that im missing or is it just meant to be some kind of sick, time wasting joke?

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 10:07 PM
I don't get it either,it sucks sooo badly! My be it has the humar/fomar appeal; its challenging? Ok it sucks...

PurplePower1
Apr 16, 2004, 10:18 PM
the only way i would ever use mine would be because it looks cool

Eihwaz
Apr 16, 2004, 10:23 PM
Power Maser/Maser Beam's only purpose is to look damn cool. And it DOES look really cool.

Too bad they both SUCK.

iamfanboy
Apr 16, 2004, 10:39 PM
...But isn't this game all about style once you get past a certain level?

Sure, I COULD use my Hell Laser and something like 230-odd ATA to lay waste to 'most anything I see, but what would be the fun in that?

...actually... that does sound pretty fun...

Eihwaz
Apr 17, 2004, 12:45 AM
On 2004-04-16 20:39, iamfanboy wrote:

Sure, I COULD use my Hell Laser and something like 230-odd ATA to lay waste to 'most anything I see, but what would be the fun in that?

Well, a Hell Laser is actually useful...not that that's the point...>__>;

Anyway. There are -many- stylish weapons that are also quite functional. For instance, I think Final Impact and Meteor Smash look pretty nifty...and they can be used to great effect.

I suppose if I did ever find a Maser Beam, I'd have my RAmarl cart it around just for the cool-lookingness.

iamfanboy
Apr 17, 2004, 12:50 AM
Speaking of usefulness....

Does Hit% affect specials? Because that Hell laser is 10% Hit, and I was wondering if I'd been a fool not to tek it higher...

SolRiver
Apr 17, 2004, 02:29 AM
first the special is inaccurate, so with higher hit% u can land ur special on more often... 2nd it will depend on how high is the monsters' EDK.

TheXtremist
Apr 17, 2004, 08:38 AM
yeh so overall im pretty annoyed that i bothered to spend all that time and effort killing the gol dragon about 25 times and then using 45 of my pd's to turn it in power maser. oh well, ill get over it.

Firocket1690
Apr 17, 2004, 09:01 AM
On 2004-04-16 20:39, iamfanboy wrote:
yesh, and that 'certain level' is some 190+

It's good for a Lv. 109 RAmarl to go egg hunting in Very Hard. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

iamfanboy
Apr 17, 2004, 09:13 AM
Hey, man, it's all about style NOW!

I just hit level 120 and can finally equip those SECURE FEET.

They should not have been called SECURE FEET. If I could hack the name, I would change it to GIANT ASS-STOMPING BOOTS.

They're AWESOME looking. I don't care about the fact that they only give me 80-something DFP, the fact is that only two classes can equip 'em, they're hard to find, and they're stylin'.

Maybe they wouldn't look so big on a big RAmar, but on my cute li'l RAmarl they look HUGE and kick-ass.

Especially when I bust out my GOD HAND and go medieval on some Indi Belra keister.

PurplePower1
Apr 17, 2004, 09:27 AM
once you hit about 120 you can start using the not so good weapons just because they look cool, for example the Elysion. it is an awesome looking sword but it isn't that strong. once you get high enough you can use it affectively

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 11:47 AM
On 2004-04-17 07:13, iamfanboy wrote:
Hey, man, it's all about style NOW!

I just hit level 120 and can finally equip those SECURE FEET.

They should not have been called SECURE FEET. If I could hack the name, I would change it to GIANT ASS-STOMPING BOOTS.

They're AWESOME looking. I don't care about the fact that they only give me 80-something DFP, the fact is that only two classes can equip 'em, they're hard to find, and they're stylin'.

Maybe they wouldn't look so big on a big RAmar, but on my cute li'l RAmarl they look HUGE and kick-ass.

Especially when I bust out my GOD HAND and go medieval on some Indi Belra keister.

Sorry to burst your bubble,but they now look like big ol' shin pads that stick offa your legs. They still look cool though... Well thats how they look on my brothers little ramar,I need to check them again.My saftey heart and I think my earrings give more evp though. *runs off to check secure feet*

edit:confirmed,they are ideed just shin pads,very cool shin pads that sadly don't match cheeps current outfit. They do give less evp than riccos earrings and saftey heart too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cheep on 2004-04-17 09:55 ]</font>

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 12:48 PM
yeah man i was looking forward to this weapon too, but when i found out how much it sux..
Dont waste your time man, there so many other great guns out there.

iamfanboy
Apr 17, 2004, 01:48 PM
I asked my Ramarl, Steyr AUG, for her opinion of the Safety Heart:

"How bloody gurly, mate. Ye wouldnae catch me within twanty feet of thet wankin' thing."

Now, my FOnewearl, on the other hand, would lurve something like that to death. However, she's not likely to climb beyond level 100...

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 01:53 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:48, iamfanboy wrote:
I asked my Ramarl, Steyr AUG, for her opinion of the Safety Heart:

"How bloody gurly, mate. Ye wouldnae catch me within twanty feet of thet wankin' thing."

Now, my FOnewearl, on the other hand, would lurve something like that to death. However, she's not likely to climb beyond level 100...

umm why are talking about that? Anyway sorry you wasted your time dude.