PDA

View Full Version : How to change your Mag's color

MechDan
Apr 23, 2001, 04:10 PM
A mag has the potential to change color whenever it evolves, even when level 200.

Here are the steps if you want the mag to match your character's color:

1. Give your mag to a character of a different class or section ID type so that the mag will evolve to a different form when fed.

2. Have that character feed it so that evolves, and then return it to your character.

3. Feed it again so it evolves back. Its color will now match your character, unless you're using a hidden costume (in which case the color may be random).

This is useful if the mag was given to you but the color clashes with your character.

But what if you want your mag to be a different color? It's still possible! Here are the steps:

1. Give your mag to a character of a different class or section ID type so that the mag will evolve to a different form when fed.

2. Have that character feed it so that evolves.

3. Then give the mag to a character with the same class and section ID type as your character--but colored the way you want your mag to be colored. (You can create a temporary character specifically for this.)

4. Feed the mag so it evolves to the desired form and color. Then return it to your original character.

Voila! You've got a Mag of the same form as originally, but a new color! Of course, this only works for Mags which have different color schemes. It doesn't work with fixed color mags.

If anyone wants help changing their Mag's color, I'm willing to supply the extra characters needed.

MyZtIc_RaMaR12
Apr 23, 2001, 06:35 PM
hmm...i got this mags, and i dont know anything bout them(cuz never played Very Hard) can they change color too? -->
Kama
Taparas
Opa Opa

MechDan
Apr 24, 2001, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure about Kama; I have a bunch of them and they always end up white/pale blue. However, it's colored pretty differently in the Versus Guide.

I'm not familiar with"Taparas". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

None of the special mags can change color. Even if they had multiple color schemes, they never evolve so this method wouldn't work anyway.

MechDan
Apr 27, 2001, 10:46 AM
Oh--one other thing. For a particular costume color, there are multiple possible color schemes for each mag. They're not VERY different, but it's different enough so that you might want to experiment around a bit to get just the right look. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif